• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Roman has to go..

JAY52PWILLS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Roman is a joke.... how u not run the fucking ball on goaline. This guy is really on some pass pass pass shit. No chemistry offensively wat soever week in week out. No identity on offense what 8 games in WTF are we roman. Nah it's roman fucking fault. COME OUTTA A Bye WITH THIS BS result. Fucking horrible and embarrassing he has to go.... I love jimmy but fuck roman he's clueless. ....

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes Roman must go..the offense has the complexity of a simpleton. Power run game is a joke both on it's lack of complexity and it's not even a power run game. Power run means you can run at will and impose your will on the opponent. Well how's that working lately? West coast implies you actually throw to your RBs instead of running..are we west coast...hardly. West coast by Walsh also scripts first 25 plays or so..and then adjusts to what works and how the D adjusts..we don't adjust well shown by our lack of 2nd half stats most games. This season we have either come out flat(lack of scripting) or we come out flat in the 2nd half (lack of adjustments). We don't run draws, we don't screen, we don't sweep...we don't 3 step drop or 5 step drop..we shotgun. We don't even run option anymore even though that was never really taken away..we just gave up on it due to possible injury to Kap. We didn't throw deep today even though that was not taken away rush notwithstanding. We just don't have a consistent game plan week in and week out. We are so mediocre plan wise let alone execution wise. Remember when Walsh &co were in charge? we had new OCs all the time and change even when we won the SB. Roman is a college caliber OC and that is about it. Time for a change.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Furthermore, that was a pathetic display of offensive effort with 2 weeks to prepare...just totally pathetic. Guess they were not watching the GIANTS world series effort on how to close out a rival. GO SF GIANTS!! you guys are the toast of the town...the 49ers are so Santa Clara now....yuppy tech pansies with no history :) or Super Bowl Victories....that belongs here in SF.:yahoo:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are being a little harsh, aren't you? Sure, an argument can be made that he is over-rated, and he MAY be a problem on the team.

So why not just fire him? To want a man to get caned is barbaric. We aren't in Singapore, you know.
I think he meant to use the word canned as in fired,not caned as in beaten with a cane.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes Roman must go..the offense has the complexity of a simpleton. Power run game is a joke both on it's lack of complexity and it's not even a power run game. Power run means you can run at will and impose your will on the opponent. Well how's that working lately? West coast implies you actually throw to your RBs instead of running..are we west coast...hardly. West coast by Walsh also scripts first 25 plays or so..and then adjusts to what works and how the D adjusts..we don't adjust well shown by our lack of 2nd half stats most games. This season we have either come out flat(lack of scripting) or we come out flat in the 2nd half (lack of adjustments). We don't run draws, we don't screen, we don't sweep...we don't 3 step drop or 5 step drop..we shotgun. We don't even run option anymore even though that was never really taken away..we just gave up on it due to possible injury to Kap. We didn't throw deep today even though that was not taken away rush notwithstanding. We just don't have a consistent game plan week in and week out. We are so mediocre plan wise let alone execution wise. Remember when Walsh &co were in charge? we had new OCs all the time and change even when we won the SB. Roman is a college caliber OC and that is about it. Time for a change.

Agreed, zero imagination in this offense. We almost never fool the defense unlike the walsh days. We are slow, both slow of foot and slow running the offense. And we are ranked 23rd offense out of 32. Not good enough.

I would like to see a new OC, especially one who knows how to pick and use WR. We see woeful at that. Crabs is the only productive one we have picked in some time, and he is no hall of famer, in fact not much more than average.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a lackluster effort from the offense. Rams come in the game with six sacks through seven games and they sacked Kap eight times. Offensive line is atrocious. How in the hell the defense give up less than 200 yards and the offense finds a way to lose the game. Niners have scored ONE touchdown in the 4th quarter through eight games. That is pathetic! Roman has become predictable and he needs to go.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree that the offensive line is horrendous; we saw that on the goal line at the end of the game but the offense has no flow and no continuity. That is on the coaches.

agree there was individual breakdowns, but it seemed most of it was 'blocking scheme' breakdown? This means Linemen, RB's, and TE's coordinating who will pick up which blitzer? the Rams kept mixing their blitzes (mostly sending two extras), and our blockers - not just linemen - didn't pick up them up?

this leads to the other frustrating thing, we didn't check down or throw SHORT to burn the blitzes? guess we don't have receivers who can get open QUICKLY, combined with a QB who doesn't have 'touch'?

while on linemen, they don't even run block well anymore?

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The thing I don't like about the scheme this weekend is we seem to be at the mercy of the blitz and this has been a problem for a long time. We don't anticipate or attack the blitz. When someone blitzes we don't exploit it and attack it. We panic and only scramble as best we can. Other Qbs and offences will send a man into the area vacated by the attacking DL or LB and/or hot read right into the "hole" created by the attacking lineman. We are not doing that. That is what I mean by being vanilla and not well prepared. We should want them to blitz because that spells opportunity. Notice we don't quick slant much anymore either. We don't screen to defeat DL rushing up field nor do we run draws on them to make them play honest. Our TE is not ever a safety valve 1st down nor has Vernon been a factor lately and V Mcdonald may as well be on the farm milking the cow given he isn't in the passing game. Both Harbaugh and Roman are no Bill Walsh is my observation...but in all fairness neither are many others. We ran some in motion plays threatening end around sweeps but they were used as decoys so while we run basically between the tackles we didn't try to offset that inside running with some outside running via an Ellington jet sweep or end around to keep them honest. Then we run skinny legs Kap up the middle on the last play instead of running Gore up the gut when it counted. I would have run a Gore Dive/fake with Kap run around the end with a Wr releasing across the back side to provide a safety valve. Make the other team defend the whole field against his speed. Run up the gut with Kap was totally stupid. Run option at goal line is exactly when to run the run option but alas sadly lacking in the game plan and on goal line plays. Just sad what we do in the RED zone.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I don't like about the scheme this weekend is we seem to be at the mercy of the blitz and this has been a problem for a long time. We don't anticipate or attack the blitz. When someone blitzes we don't exploit it and attack it. We panic and only scramble as best we can. Other Qbs and offences will send a man into the area vacated by the attacking DL or LB and/or hot read right into the "hole" created by the attacking lineman. We are not doing that. That is what I mean by being vanilla and not well prepared. We should want them to blitz because that spells opportunity. Notice we don't quick slant much anymore either. We don't screen to defeat DL rushing up field nor do we run draws on them to make them play honest. Our TE is not ever a safety valve 1st down nor has Vernon been a factor lately and V Mcdonald may as well be on the farm milking the cow given he isn't in the passing game. Both Harbaugh and Roman are no Bill Walsh is my observation...but in all fairness neither are many others. We ran some in motion plays threatening end around sweeps but they were used as decoys so while we run basically between the tackles we didn't try to offset that inside running with some outside running via an Ellington jet sweep or end around to keep them honest. Then we run skinny legs Kap up the middle on the last play instead of running Gore up the gut when it counted. I would have run a Gore Dive/fake with Kap run around the end with a Wr releasing across the back side to provide a safety valve. Make the other team defend the whole field against his speed. Run up the gut with Kap was totally stupid. Run option at goal line is exactly when to run the run option but alas sadly lacking in the game plan and on goal line plays. Just sad what we do in the RED zone.

Agreed. Perhaps its not as easy as it seems.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will have a different staff next year because I feel Harbaugh is gone and he will take most with him. We will get a new HC, OC and DC after this year. If Harbaugh some how stays its time to say bye to Roman.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Roman really does need to go. This game against the Saints he seemed to be channeling Jimmy Raye: no imagination, no misdirection, zero creativity. Run when they expect run, pass when they expect pass, see a massive blitz coming ignore it and hope for the best. This great defense is being wasted by the failure to get much out of the talent on offense.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice he never calls a screen. Were like the only team in the NFL that's afraid to throw a screen pass.
Really? Because that's all I ever see on 3rd & long. That along with run plays on 2nd and 1 when they should be trying a long pass.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he is gone after this year

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If firing Harbaugh is what it takes to get rid of Roman, then do it. And I love Jim Harbaugh!!!

And finally, Kaepernick is not a throwing QB! End of discussion.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Greg Roman regarded as such a great play caller? This offense has regressed since 2012!!!

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Again as I have posted in other threads, be mindful it's not Roman calling a play that says he Kaep have Llyod run to the outside and throw it inside directly to Sherman or hey, he picked us off once, let's see if we can get it back and throw it at him. Kaep is the one executing the offense so either he doesn't have the right grasp of the offense or something is amiss between the play calling and execution.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are a better team than this, guys. I'm very angry right now and feel like an ultimatum from the fans to fire Roman is in order.