• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Roman has to go..

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
On 49ers: Too many cooks spoiling Harbaugh?s offense | The Sacramento Bee

Interesting read. If Roman goes this season it stills seem that others will have too much input. This will play out after the season IMO,possibly with Harbs and most of his O staff leaving.

I read that earlier and it makes a good point about the amount of coaches. I remember this being an issue last year (complex offense) leading Kaep using up so much of the play clock before the snap. I am all for removing Magini and some other coaches (Roman). I would still prefer to have Harbaugh remain and just be OC/HC.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that earlier and it makes a good point about the amount of coaches. I remember this being an issue last year (complex offense) leading Kaep using up so much of the play clock before the snap. I am all for removing Magini and some other coaches (Roman). I would still prefer to have Harbaugh remain and just be OC/HC.

I would like to see Morton gone too. What has the team done to draft/develop WR's?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, Harbaugh isn't the problem. I want Roman and Kaepernick gone, and I also agree with getting rid of Morton.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, Harbaugh isn't the problem. I want Roman and Kaepernick gone, and I also agree with getting rid of Morton.

I was reading somewhere that it is doubtful that Roman would be fired without Harbaugh also leaving or being fired because Harbaugh is loyal to his staff.

If we do move on from Kaepernick, who do you think we should bring in? I would love to draft Mariota, but obviously that would cost us a lot. I don't think there will be anyone available in free agency who I would want.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Morton gone too. What has the team done to draft/develop WR's?

I couldn't agree with you more. Look how the Steelers develop receivers. Wallace leaves for free agency, they have Sanders. Sanders leaves for the Broncos, in comes Brown. Now they have Bryant and Wheaton. Niners do such a poor job evaluating and developing receivers. The last true #1 receiver they had was Owens. Crabtree is an average receiver. Sherman hit it on the nose.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't agree with you more. Look how the Steelers develop receivers. Wallace leaves for free agency, they have Sanders. Sanders leaves for the Broncos, in comes Brown. Now they have Bryant and Wheaton. Niners do such a poor job evaluating and developing receivers. The last true #1 receiver they had was Owens. Crabtree is an average receiver. Sherman hit it on the nose.

You are right. Crabtree looked pretty good when he had that 1,000 yard season. But this season, he has been very average at best. If you watch him run routes, he seems to never get separation even against average cornerbacks. He isn't a big physical type either to outmuscle DBs for the ball. I imagine he is going to be gone next year unless he comes back on the cheap. I don't see any team offering him significant money next year after his performance this year.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. Crabtree looked pretty good when he had that 1,000 yard season. But this season, he has been very average at best. If you watch him run routes, he seems to never get separation even against average cornerbacks. He isn't a big physical type either to outmuscle DBs for the ball. I imagine he is going to be gone next year unless he comes back on the cheap. I don't see any team offering him significant money next year after his performance this year.

You're absolutely correct. Crabtree cannot create separation, even against the nickel back. I don't want him back. I don't know the receivers who will be FA, but I hope the Niners sign somebody else. They sign Stevie Johnson, but they haven't utilize him enough. Hell, JJ Watts has more TDs than Crabtree.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree's speed has always held him back. 3rd down slants are where he would shine. But how often does our shitty offense run quick slants? Anybody remember a dude named jerry rice? go back and watch how many of his td's were 6 yd slants

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree's speed has always held him back. 3rd down slants are where he would shine. But how often does our shitty offense run quick slants? Anybody remember a dude named jerry rice? go back and watch how many of his td's were 6 yd slants

I don't know if Kap has the accuracy to throw slants.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Kap has the accuracy to throw slants.

Last year, he threw a few of them and they were successful. It isn't his strength though and his accuracy on those type of throws seems to have gotten worse this year. Seems those are the types of routes best suited to Crabtree and Stevie Johnson. One thing about Jerry Rice, he was really quick and could burn by people. He didn't time well in the 40, but he had great burst. Walsh once said Rice was the fastest receiver he had ever seen running with his head turned to the ball.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, he threw a few of them and they were successful. It isn't his strength though and his accuracy on those type of throws seems to have gotten worse this year. Seems those are the types of routes best suited to Crabtree and Stevie Johnson. One thing about Jerry Rice, he was really quick and could burn by people. He didn't time well in the 40, but he had great burst. Walsh once said Rice was the fastest receiver he had ever seen running with his head turned to the ball.

One thing about Crabtree, he has had quite a few drops this year. It's been really offensively for the Niners. I can't imagine where they would be without Boldin. VD is MIA this year, and Crabtree has been average and that's being complimentary. I really didn't understand why the Niners did not draft a WR in the first three rounds.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Roman gone. its not Kap. Its so easy to prep against our offense. Its so vanilla.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Roman gone. its not Kap. Its so easy to prep against our offense. Its so vanilla.

kaepernick has some issues to work out too, he is not blameless. Hopefully, some of those things can get worked out too with a new OC and offensive coaching staff

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I count myself as one of his supporters, but don't be too blind in your love for Kaepernick. Overall, his body of work is good, but he has a lot of things to work on, and I'm being Captain Obvious by saying that.
So far this is his worst season, but he has time to turn it around. Hopefully, Kaepernick is his own harshest critic.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hasnt exactly had WR friendly QBs since he has been here.

and about Crabtrees routes this year, I think he is coming off an injury in the off season/preseason. Didnt he re-aggravate his toe again or ankle. Or maybe it was a hammy... :scratch:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Let me ask you this: when is the last time you heard anyone complain about the offensive coordinator when that team had a good QB?