• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Robinson

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are he's not going to start because his head is swimming trying to learn the playbook.

Really?

The Rams drafted this guy because at the very least they would have an All Pro guard on their line with the upside to be a LT. So, they take him #2 overall and the guy can't even make the starting lineup as a guard?

Meanwhile, Matthews is starting at LT for the Falcons.

Call me crazy, but when you take an OL at #2 overall, he better be ready to start day 1. Otherwise, why take him there? Because he has upside? Wait, I've heard that before. Oh yeah, about Jason Smith. How did that end up working out?

This guy better not turn out to be Jason Smith 2.0

And he better find a way to start for this OL and fast because the Rams need all the help they can get.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are he's not going to start because his head is swimming trying to learn the playbook.

Really?

The Rams drafted this guy because at the very least they would have an All Pro guard on their line with the upside to be a LT. So, they take him #2 overall and the guy can't even make the starting lineup as a guard?

Call me crazy, but when you take an OL at #2 overall, he better be ready to start day 1. Otherwise, why take him there? Because he has upside? Wait, I've heard that before. Oh yeah, about Jason Smith. How did that end up working out?

Couldn't agree more, ALR...And if he was struggling so mightily, why were they moving around in the line ???
I really want to trust this coaching staff, but sometimes they make me go HUH ???

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really?

Couldn't agree more, ALR...And if he was struggling so mightily, why were they moving him around in the line ???
I really want to trust this coaching staff, but sometimes they make me go HUH ???

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good question.

You would think they would let him get comfortable with one position before throwing him around the line ( especially when they already knew he was going to be a project at LT).

What they probably weren't planning on was him being a project at guard as well.

Here I thought things were looking up for the Rams. But when you see draft picks like him and Pead ( and Quick to an extent because they passed on Jeffery ), and then the Bradford fiasco, it's like we are back to 4 years ago when the Rams had no QB and no OL.

It's not any better 4 years later. And that is a problem and a HUGE red flag.

They knew Bradford was coming off ACL surgery. He already had ankle issues and the shoulder injury so it's not like he was Brady ( none injury prone prior to his ACL ).

And yet, they ignored the QB position until the 6th round.

The Pats took Jimmy G in the 2nd even though they took Mallett in the 3rd in 2011.

Think we couldn't have used a David Carr right about now instead of starting a journeyman QB just to try and salvage a season?

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's not ready to start wow?? Welp you can chalk that up as another screw up by this FO led by Fisher and shitenhymer if he doesn't pan out. Keep it up Fish, pretty soon you'll find your way out the door with Samantha.

Last edited by a moderator:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this guy can't crack the starting lineup of our o-line? Its not like we're loaded with pro bowlers up there. Here we go again...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's changing positions. He's never played OG before and is learning the position and the offense, which was complicated by having to stand in for Long at OT as well. He'll be in there soon enough.

The sky isn't falling....yet

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's changing positions. He's never played OG before and is learning the position and the offense, which was complicated by having to stand in for Long at OT as well. He'll be in there soon enough.

The sky isn't falling....yet
He played OG in college. I dont care where he lined up...thats what he was doing.

This is a mess. We needed a QB of the future and we got a backup G. The only saving grace with Robinson is that he is young

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say I told you so... but I told you so! Drafting this guy this early to change around his positions was a WASTE OF TIME! There was "elite" talent on the board and we went with "elite" potential instead!

We should've draft Mack or Watkins at 2 (because lets remember, we were drafting to fill an OG need, I was also okay with Mathews) and then in the start of the 2nd round there were still good OGs left for the next few rounds!

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true, no matter how you paint it, ridiculous is the only way to describe it. His head is spinning from the playbook? Really? The guard position is probably the easiest transition from the college level and he can't even get that? And with Shottenheimer's archaic offense, this guy must have the mental acumen of a can of peas. Then of course this franchise has a history of striking out on 1st round picks, regardless of position. Fisher's sad devotion to Bradford, along with his bungling of all the RG3 draft picks will certainly herald his way out the door if this doesn't dramatically improve in the next couple of years. You can bet on it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true, no matter how you paint it, ridiculous is the only way to describe it. His head is spinning from the playbook? Really? The guard position is probably the easiest transition from the college level and he can't even get that? And with Shottenheimer's archaic offense, this guy must have the mental acumen of a can of peas. Then of course this franchise has a history of striking out on 1st round picks, regardless of position. Fisher's sad devotion to Bradford, along with his bungling of all the RG3 draft picks will certainly herald his way out the door if this doesn't dramatically improve in the next couple of weeks. You can bet on it.
Fixed.

If Tavon Austin and Greg Robinson can't figure out the playbook, everyone gets fired. You can't waste that much draft stock. I don't think that will be the case but if you couple that with going all in on Bradford...yeah, thats everyone getting fired

Aaron Donald and Alec Ogletree have to potential to be good enough to wash that away, though, but the team has to be decent

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's better off on the bench. Sir Holdsalot is worth 3 holding penalties a game in the NFL.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played OG in college. I dont care where he lined up...thats what he was doing.

This is a mess. We needed a QB of the future and we got a backup G. The only saving grace with Robinson is that he is young

This is exactly why he's confused by the playbook. All Auburn asked him to do is run block the majority of the time. Dumbed down college offenses set these players up for slow adjustment periods.

Believe me, I didn't want him either (I wanted Mack or Watkins), but give the kid a chance to adjust.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say I told you so... but I told you so! Drafting this guy this early to change around his positions was a WASTE OF TIME! There was "elite" talent on the board and we went with "elite" potential instead!

We should've draft Mack or Watkins at 2 (because lets remember, we were drafting to fill an OG need, I was also okay with Mathews) and then in the start of the 2nd round there were still good OGs left for the next few rounds!

Matthews is an OT, not an OG. He's only playing LT because of injury; he was intended to play RT this year.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fixed.

If Tavon Austin and Greg Robinson can't figure out the playbook, everyone gets fired. You can't waste that much draft stock. I don't think that will be the case but if you couple that with going all in on Bradford...yeah, thats everyone getting fired

Aaron Donald and Alec Ogletree have to potential to be good enough to wash that away, though, but the team has to be decent

I'd still give Fisher and Co a couple of years yet to prove they know what they're doing Clayton. Some of the picks they've made were decent (hopefully) but you can't squander away the majority of the boatload of picks like we had from the RG3 trade and not be held accountable if that is what happens. I've said it before, I expect the Rams to build a SB winner with that bounty of picks---other teams have done it with far far less, so there is no excuse for one of the alleged better coaches in the league to do it with what we've had. That being said, IMHO Fisher has shown multiple errors in judgment up to this point in his career with the Rams. He is what he is.....a mediocre coach with a history and record of mediocrity. When he gets us to 8-8 every year, some of the fans think he's a god because of the terrible coaches we've had in the past. Of course Donald Duck would have done a better job than the likes of Linehan, Spagnolo, and Haslet.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews is an OT, not an OG. He's only playing LT because of injury; he was intended to play RT this year.

Right, which is why I preferred Mack or Watkins, not Mathews, but I liked Mathews more then Robinson as an OL spec.

BTW Robinson WAS drafted to play OT, you don't draft an OG 2nd overall (which was my issue all along)....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, which is why I preferred Mack or Watkins, not Mathews, but I liked Mathews more then Robinson as an OL spec.

BTW Robinson WAS drafted to play OT, you don't draft an OG 2nd overall (which was my issue all along)....

Sure, as the eventual successor to Jake Long (who could be a cut casualty after the season if his play doesn't rebound). However, it was pretty much a guarantee that he would be playing LG this season, where he could focus more on his strengths. It hasn't been a quick conversion. That was a big reason why I didn't want Robinson that early either; you don't need to draft an OG that high.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still give Fisher and Co a couple of years yet to prove they know what they're doing Clayton. Some of the picks they've made were decent (hopefully) but you can't squander away the majority of the boatload of picks like we had from the RG3 trade and not be held accountable if that is what happens. I've said it before, I expect the Rams to build a SB winner with that bounty of picks---other teams have done it with far far less, so there is no excuse for one of the alleged better coaches in the league to do it with what we've had. That being said, IMHO Fisher has shown multiple errors in judgment up to this point in his career with the Rams. He is what he is.....a mediocre coach with a history and record of mediocrity. When he gets us to 8-8 every year, some of the fans think he's a god because of the terrible coaches we've had in the past. Of course Donald Duck would have done a better job than the likes of Linehan, Spagnolo, and Haslet.

This.:agree: Jimmy Johnson with the Hershal Walker trade turned his bevy of picks into three rings. It took him three years but then it was bowl winning time. It started with a franchise QB, O-line, RB, and WR and a good defense. This is Fisher's third year and he still has holes and problems. The evidence and conclusion are pretty clear. You decide.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
evidence is that he is starting to show why he's been mediocre the last 10 years of his career....Gosh can any of these idiots get it right??

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!

Robinson played like a G at AUB, but he was on the end on the OL...position was LT last season.

I would have to agree with Ice Freeze...even if he was starting @ OG...#2 overall is too high for a G...I thoughy Watkins was the pick for STL...Robinson is an athlete though...I think he will eventually get the playbook down and be a long term starter.