• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Monroe

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are always certain players that give you the impression there is much upside but always leave a lot on the table for doubt. Monroe is one of them. He has all the tools and the skills just like Cousins. He is set to be a FA next year and w Drummond, Josh Smith the Pistons may not have dollar room or roster space. I propose that if Harrison Barnes shows enough progress to the tune of 14 7 and looks less mechanical and can get in the flow more often, the Warriors should offer Barnes and Dray for Monroe and do not resign Bogut. It may be a lot to give up as I think Green can become one of the best 6th man in the league. What sayeth you all?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just imagine, we could have had him if Riley had not drafted Udoh instead. He's the guy I really wanted in that draft.

Anyways, I like Monroe and think he would be a fantastic addition to the team. There's a few problems with that though:

1) Monroe signed the qualifying offer so that he could become an unrestricted free agent. He's looking to get a big deal and with a Klay extension/match free agent offer coming, there's not a lot of financial flexibility to sign him.

2) Bogut has already been extended for another few years. I think his extension kicks in this year, meaning that we have him signed for a few more.

3) Monroe is strictly an offensive player. He would need a guy like Bogut next to him to help him out. He's also a below par rebounder. He's got great offensive tools, but I view him as a younger version of David Lee.

For one season, he would be a nice get, but I like Draymond for another 4 -5 years at 7-8M per, versus Monroe at 12-13M off the bench.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sush,

You make a lot of sense. I guess I was thinking that if you traded Barnes/Green you would also move Bogut. I suppose that's a lot of moving pieces. Or, trade for Monroe play him mostly at PF and move D. Lee. I really like David Lee and think he could be a real nice acquisition for a contending team - assuming that team either lacks a true starting PF or needs a major upgrade off the bench. My problem w DL is that he gives up so much size against the big Western forwards. I almost felt sorry for him last year vs the Clippers in the playoffs having to bang Griffin all night long. When I disect the Warriors, I think they are still one player away from a ring. They could do it with depth - I mean that's a viable way to go or they add that highly valuable missing piece.