• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Green Bay Packers vs Philadelphia Eagles

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wretched officiating. Wretched performance by the Eagles.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wretched officiating. Wretched performance by the Eagles.

wretched officiating for both teams but of course, the Eagles performance had nothing to do at all with the Packers defense

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again Philly getting killed by the refs... at home. Got the announcers questioning them too. 3rd down stop and the horrific roughing the passer penalty gives them the 1st.

All year long for Philly... but we gotta get GB in the playoffs.
The really bad one was in the 3rd quarter down 4 and we finally stop them and they call a HORRIFIC roughing the passer on 3rd and long. Gotta get GB in the playoffs!

Come on. I didn't see the game so I'll assume you are correct and the officiating was completely horrible and screwed Philly (you did still lose by 14 points, not 3). But what bothers me is when people say things like the bolded. It's stupid. There is no friggin way these refs called the game with the idea of trying to get GB into the playoffs in their mind. No Way. It reminds me of the 'Goodell is out to get the Pats' because they are too good comments people posted on here. Sometimes things go your way, sometimes they don't and sometimes it seems they have been going against you a lot...but the conspiracy theories are silly from grownups.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wretched officiating for both teams but of course, the Eagles performance had nothing to do at all with the Packers defense

If you think the Packers did a lot to earn that win then you are going to have a rude awakening soon. It's amazing how long the Eagles were in it playing like that. I had no idea how awful the Eagles really were until we looked like that against a really bad Packers team.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think the Packers did a lot to earn that win then you are going to have a rude awakening soon. It's amazing how long the Eagles were in it playing like that. I had no idea how awful the Eagles really were until we looked like that against a really bad Packers team.

they did not do that much defensively but their offense was too much for the Eagles D to handle

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were down two scores the entire 4th quarter.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Eagles were in that one all the way, except when their offense or defense were on the field :D

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on. I didn't see the game so I'll assume you are correct and the officiating was completely horrible and screwed Philly (you did still lose by 14 points, not 3). But what bothers me is when people say things like the bolded. It's stupid. There is no friggin way these refs called the game with the idea of trying to get GB into the playoffs in their mind. No Way. It reminds me of the 'Goodell is out to get the Pats' because they are too good comments people posted on here. Sometimes things go your way, sometimes they don't and sometimes it seems they have been going against you a lot...but the conspiracy theories are silly from grownups.

Jarntt... I always always always felt the same way as you. ALWAYS. I hate conspiracy theorists... until this year. Until that Eagles/Lions game. Worst officiated game I ever saw. But the first thing any rational person would think is... "Why would the NFL want Detroit to win?". I'll tell you why. Up to that point that game was the most lopsided amount of money put on one team all season. Something like 80% of the betters sided with Philly. If you factor in the yards taken away we were penalized for over 300 yards that game. Then I started reading and the top 5 games this year that had the most money put on one team in a game all had a HUGE penalty difference. Then I thought about the NBA ref taking money to tilt games (Terry Donaghue). Then I started thinking refs could easily double there years salary in one game. I know, I know, I sound like a damn fool but this is the first year that got me thinking.

And even though the Eagles Packers game had a couple atrocious calls and one REALLY huge call late in the 3rd when Philly was down 4 and FINALLY stopped GB they called a HORRIFIC late hit penalty to extend the drive. But with all that said... Philly lost that game. The refs really burned them but as the season progressed Philly's flaws have been exposed and they are huge. When Dallas was picking up All Pro's in round one (Fredricks, Dez, T Smith, Zeek, Z Martin) Philly was drafting Agholor, O Smith, Danny Watkins in the 1st). Philly is at least 2 excellent drafts away from being a playoff team and, talent wise, are far behind NYG, Skins and Dallas.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles were in that one all the way, except when their offense or defense were on the field :D

True, but we do have the best special teams in the league! :D