• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: Green Bay Packers @ Detroit Lions

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to blast Rodgers either, and I can't stand the arrogant motherfucker.

He called his shot about running the table and he hit it out off the park. That has to warrant respect for how great he is.

Brady is better, but your talking about a top 3 QB against a top 5 QB of all-time, so I'd say that's splitting hairs a bit.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By "made no attempt" you mean that very loosely right? They ran 1 play. It worked.

Don't act like they just sat and threw it until his stats were "padded"
They ran one play, when they could have and should have ran the fucking football. They clearly fucking had a running game tonight and then when they got to the goal line at the end and could have ate up clock and kicked a FG, what did they do? They went for Rodgers 40th TD pass instead of running the football like 99% of teams do.

But I'm sure your next response will get "liked" or "winner" by another loser Packer fan because you are sucking Rodgers dick and saying everything they want you to say.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ran one play, when they could have and should have ran the fucking football. They clearly fucking had a running game tonight and then when they got to the goal line at the end and could have ate up clock and kicked a FG, what did they do? They went for Rodgers 40th TD pass instead of running the football like 99% of teams do.

But I'm sure your next response will get "liked" or "winner" by another loser Packer fan because you are sucking Rodgers dick and saying everything they want you to say.

Just so we are clear

By "goal line" you mean the 9 yard line right?

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm far from a Packers fan, it's my most hated team in all of sports, but that TD put the Lions in a body bag. I don't care about supposed stat padding on a play that gets a 2 TD lead. It's not like they were up 20.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm far from a Packers fan, it's my most hated team in all of sports, but that TD put the Lions in a body bag. I don't care about supposed stat padding on a play that gets a 2 TD lead. It's not like they were up 20.
A FG would have put the Lions in a body bag, and even worse, they wouldn't have had any timeouts.
Just so we are clear

By "goal line" you mean the 9 yard line right?
1st and goal from the 9 yard line, 2 mins 50 seconds left, Lions only one time out, all the Packers need is a FG. No attempt to run the football when 99% of the rest of the NFL runs the football. And first drive in the third quarter, 1st and goal from the 3, no attempt to run the football. How can Packer fans complain about Rodgers running game when they make no legitimate attempt to establish the run and when they get to the goal line, they quickly abandon the run game. In order to get rushing TDs, you actually have to hand the ball off.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is no more valuable than yours. You think Rodgers is the best, I think Brady is the best. Shut the fuck up dude.
Go troll somewhere else.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers defense has been excellent in the last 6 games. They relinquished 13 ppg in the first 3 and then 14 ppg in the next 3 (until garbage time). Combine that with their offense averaging 30+ ppg= domination.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the excuse for Eddie Lacy and James Starks having such low TD numbers despite the Packers being one of the top offenses in the past five years?
jq523f5c52_zps8d186939.gif

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A FG would have put the Lions in a body bag, and even worse, they wouldn't have had any timeouts.

1st and goal from the 9 yard line, 2 mins 50 seconds left, Lions only one time out, all the Packers need is a FG. No attempt to run the football when 99% of the rest of the NFL runs the football. And first drive in the third quarter, 1st and goal from the 3, no attempt to run the football. How can Packer fans complain about Rodgers running game when they make no legitimate attempt to establish the run and when they get to the goal line, they quickly abandon the run game. In order to get rushing TDs, you actually have to hand the ball off.

Yes all they needed was a FG.

So they trusted their best player to get the job done. Sorry that he overachieved.

Could they have run? Abolutely. Should they have run? Probably.

But they have one of the best QBs off all time, not Blake Bortles. Let him win the game, like he did.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone is forgetting that Crosby missed an extra point.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes all they needed was a FG.

So they trusted their best player to get the job done. Sorry that he overachieved.

Could they have run? Abolutely. Should they have run? Probably.

But they have one of the best QBs off all time, not Blake Bortles. Let him win the game, like he did.
That's the point.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone is forgetting that Crosby missed an extra point.
Crosby definitely could have missed there, but I think running clock and making the Lions use their last timeout was the most important.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning was clearly the most important. After what happened to them in Seattle a few years ago I don't feel like any lead is safe anymore.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had over 6 yards a carry tonight and once again, made no attempt to run the football at the goal line. But look who got all the TDs.

Did you watch them play Chicago a few weeks back and Rodgers had 0 TD passes and running backs had 3 TDs.
Go find that game and watch it as there was over 200 yards rushing. Each game is different and they take what works

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 405.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby definitely could have missed there, but I think running clock and making the Lions use their last timeout was the most important.
You see, you stated the problem, but that wasn't the real problem. Here was the real problem, you play to win the game...and they won and you don't have a clue about what you're saying... Problem #2 is you're a moron, which means you can't see what the real problem is...

gandog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is better, but your talking about a top 3 QB against a top 5 QB of all-time, so I'd say that's splitting hairs a bit.

You give Rogers the rest of Brady's team he would outshine Brady all damn day long! Rogers has already proved he CAN beat Brady head to head. I seem to remember Brady on the short end of a 26-21 score between the two of them. And Brady immediately got caught by the camera screaming the "F" word....THREE TIMES after Rodgers completed a pass for the first down that let the Packers run the clock out. Heck, the Packers almost beat Brady a couple years before with their sub QB after Rogers was out with a concussion from the week before.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You give Rogers the rest of Brady's team he would outshine Brady all damn day long! Rogers has already proved he CAN beat Brady head to head. I seem to remember Brady on the short end of a 26-21 score between the two of them. And Brady immediately got caught by the camera screaming the "F" word....THREE TIMES after Rodgers completed a pass for the first down that let the Packers run the clock out. Heck, the Packers almost beat Brady a couple years before with their sub QB after Rogers was out with a concussion from the week before.

I'm very happy for Rodgers that he has been healthy enough to square off against Rodgers once and defeat him in the regular season.

By that logic, Eli is superior to both Rodgers and Favre because he dispatched both of them from the playoffs. Warner, Kaepernik, Wilsom and Palmer beat Rodgers too.

You act like me saying that Rodgers isn't Brady is a knock at him. It isn't, and he has a chance to be better, he just isn't yet.