• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great Game Pens!

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did MAF eat for breakfast this morning? He was seeing the puck in bullet time it seemed. Thats the MAF I am used to seeing in the playoffs.

Nice to see you again Geno! He must have remembered its fun to be good. Great 2nd and 3rd period.

Really missed Staals work in the corners. Hope he can get back in the lineup soon. It shows that the pens are better with him.

Habs are playing the Pens well and with a 2-1 penguins series lead, I am still not content. I wont be until/if the Pens get that 4th win. I am really enjoying this series.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually think this was montreals best game of the series.

I think so. They controlled the puck more in this game than the other 2. They are 1 or 2 higher scoring forwards from being even better. I wasnt able to follow them too close so were they battling the injury bug all year? If not, why isnt this team a higher seed?
I am trying to become more of an NHL fan rather than just a Pens fan. Just tough to find time.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i have no idea. we destroyed them one game and i think they beat us before and looked good. they just got hot at the end and lets not kid ourselves, if halak was not great then you guys would be playing boston right now and we would be playing the capitals. i saw the 2nd and 3rd periods of the last game and pittsburgh just dominated them. they think they can score a goal and sit on it for the entire game. it might get them by a few opponents although they are not going anywhere this year.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you aint kidding about them being hot at the right time then. I think its safe to say their defense it hot and their offense has done just enough so far.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Habs had some really good stretches in the season where they competed with and often beat anyone they played (late December, early March), then they also had stretches where they looked like an AHL could beat them easily, like the last two weeks of the season. Despite the inconsistencies, overall I think they have a very good core group.

They struggled with injuries early in the season, both numerous and serious. The loss of Markov (now and the first half of the season) may not seem like a big deal to most people but he is huge for the Habs, both offensively and defensively. He flies under the radar but he is a great player and very important to the team. Kind of like Lidstrom with Detroit. Then there were also a bunch of new players trying to mesh into a team.

Because they were the 8th seed and played the Capitals I didnt expect them to last long in the playoffs. Same with Pittsburgh. IMO these are very good teams, and the Habs are not in their league. However I don't think the Habs are awful by any stretch. I think they are right in line with the other lower seeds in the east. I'd like their chances against the Sens, the Bruins, or the Flyers. I don't think any of them would be automatic or easy wins, but do feel they would be relatively evenly matched.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Habs had some really good stretches in the season where they competed with and often beat anyone they played (late December, early March), then they also had stretches where they looked like an AHL could beat them easily, like the last two weeks of the season. Despite the inconsistencies, overall I think they have a very good core group.

They struggled with injuries early in the season, both numerous and serious. The loss of Markov (now and the first half of the season) may not seem like a big deal to most people but he is huge for the Habs, both offensively and defensively. He flies under the radar but he is a great player and very important to the team. Kind of like Lidstrom with Detroit. Then there were also a bunch of new players trying to mesh into a team.

Because they were the 8th seed and played the Capitals I didnt expect them to last long in the playoffs. Same with Pittsburgh. IMO these are very good teams, and the Habs are not in their league. However I don't think the Habs are awful by any stretch. I think they are right in line with the other lower seeds in the east. I'd like their chances against the Sens, the Bruins, or the Flyers. I don't think any of them would be automatic or easy wins, but do feel they would be relatively evenly matched.

Thanks for that! Seems they are a few key players from being a top seed. Mind if I ask if you are from Montreal? I always wanted to go there but have yet to have the chance.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I live in the hockey mecca of Baltimore Maryland. Ive been to Montreal and seen the Habs there though. Normally I see them in DC or Philly.

Seen a game in Pittsburgh too, I saw the Sabres play the Pens there once.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I live in the hockey mecca of Baltimore Maryland. Ive been to Montreal and seen the Habs there though. Normally I see them in DC or Philly.

Seen a game in Pittsburgh too, I saw the Sabres play the Pens there once.

Cool. Never seen the Habs live. Hope to be able to go to a Pens game in their new home soon. Place is pretty sweet I hear?

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say that I thought that was the most entertaining game of the Penguins post-season. Halak vs. Fleury was downright amazing to watch. Congratulations to both goaltenders for some of the best performances in recent memory.