• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great example why Lebron will never reach Michael Jordan status

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTs hold Shaq back, IMO. It is a pretty big deal when you can't throw the ball to your best player in the last 2 minutes of a game.

Yeah, that's true. The other thing that holds Shaq back, imo... is that he was at his best for a relatively short period of time.

There was a 6-season stretch from 98 - 03 where he was just ridiculously dominant. He had some great seasons in Orlando and did some good things after LA.... but there is a clear difference in both stats and team success between those 6 seasons and the rest of his career.

The best version of shaq is top-5 ... but he wasn't that version of himself long enough for his entire career to be top-5.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know another category that LBJ leads MJ.

In embarrassing his country. By leading his US Olympic Basketball team to a 3rd place finish. LBJ has more bronze medals than MJ. 1 > 0

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know another category that LBJ leads MJ.

In embarrassing his country. By leading his US Olympic Basketball team to a 3rd place finish. LBJ has more bronze medals than MJ. 1 > 0

I hate how that gets dumped on LeBron. How old was he then? 20? Way unfair.

he was not the leader of the team and USA basketball failed in assembling the roster. The system is much better today.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he was not the leader of the team and USA basketball failed in assembling the roster. The system is much better today.

Yep. Larry Brown and Popovich who were the coaches for that team gave LeBron less than 3 minutes of playing time in that semifinal loss to Argentina. He was 1-1 with 3 points.

Meanwhile... Tim Duncan, Allen Iverson, Marbury, & Marion all played about 30 minutes. Boozer and Richard Jefferson got 20 minutes.

But, yes, that loss which led to the US failing to get to the gold medal game was all because of LeBron

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Larry Brown and Popovich who were the coaches for that team gave LeBron less than 3 minutes of playing time in that semifinal loss to Argentina. He was 1-1 with 3 points.

Meanwhile... Tim Duncan, Allen Iverson, Marbury, & Marion all played about 30 minutes. Boozer and Richard Jefferson got 20 minutes.

But, yes, that loss which led to the US failing to get to the gold medal game was all because of LeBron

I thought you guys all though lebron was the greatest athlete to ever walk this earth. I wonder why two of the greatest HOF coaches in basketball history didn't want to play lebron? :scratch:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you guys all though lebron was the greatest athlete to ever walk this earth. I wonder why two of the greatest HOF coaches in basketball history didn't want to play lebron? :scratch:

Not when he was 19 years old.

I think the bigger question is why two of the greatest HOF coaches in basketball history failed to lead the most talented roster in the olympics to a victory over Argentina.

Maybe they weren't making the best decisions? :noidea:

Point is... those 2 HOF coaches and those veteran players playing 30mpg had much more to do with the outcome of the 2004 olympics than 19 year old LeBron james barely 12 months removed from high school

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize that at 19, Kobe was not even starting for the Lakers. But, let's go ahead and criticize LeBron for playing a limited role in team USA, then blame him for the loss. Makes sense to me.

Reality is that it was a huge accomplishment and learning experience for LeBron just to be on the team at 19. Popovich didn't play LeBron for the same reason that Kobe didn't star right away for the Lakers. They were just kids.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MJ was a 21 and just out of college. Not one minute in the NBA. Not only represented his country well by bringing home a gold medal, but also lead the team in scoring.

So get you lame ass excuse out of here.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ was a 21 and just out of college. Not one minute in the NBA. Not only represented his country well by bringing home a gold medal, but also lead the team in scoring.

So get you lame ass excuse out of here.

LOL. Really?

That was on a team of all college players. LeBron was playing with NBA superstars. This might be the worst comparison I have ever seen.

Criticize the TEAM that lost all you want, but the fact that LeBron gets blamed more than the guys who played ahead of him is asinine.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Really?

That was on a team of all college players. LeBron was playing with NBA superstars. This might be the worst comparison I have ever seen.

Criticize the TEAM that lost all you want, but the fact that LeBron gets blamed more than the guys who played ahead of him is asinine.
Right. College kids did what the "mighty" Lebron and co. couldn't. If he was so NBA ready, he should have been dominating. He had already spent a year in the league.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. College kids did what the "mighty" Lebron and co. couldn't. If he was so NBA ready, he should have been dominating. He had already spent a year in the league.

So the '04 Olympic team that had Duncan & Iverson was actually LeBron's team? If so...:pound:

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the '04 Olympic team that had Duncan & Iverson was actually LeBron's team? If so...:pound:
So what you are saying is the "mighty" Lebron was riding the pine? Wasn't good enough to play? Maybe he should have gone to college then. Work on his skills some.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which is it? Was he a "difference maker" that didn't get it done or was he not good enough to see the floor?

He was a rookie on a team that had established veterans. And he wasn't even an all star his rookie year. Yet you're trying to pin the '04 loss on him. I think it's comical so please continue.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a rookie on a team that had established veterans. And he wasn't even an all star his rookie year. Yet you're trying to pin the '04 loss on him. I think it's comical so please continue.
So he wasn't good enough to see the floor. Why didn't you just say so...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is odd you think he sucks. I think he is pretty damn good. Just not MJ good...

It's odd you took my comment seriously. And hell no he's not as good as MJ. But name a player who was.