• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great example why Lebron will never reach Michael Jordan status

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is a poll voted on by his own peers in the NBA. So that makes the NBA GM's and his own peers -- Lebron received ZERO votes.

Lebron's OWN TEAM didn't even let him take the shot with Game 7 and the NBA championship on the line -- Kyrie Irvin took it.

I love Lebron and he is a beast, but there is a reason he jumped to Miami and then jumped back to Cleveland. He needs a pair of elite players around him because he doesn't want all the weight on his shoulders. If you put Jordan's intangibles into Lebron -- he'd already be considered the GOAT and he wouldn't be 3-4 in the NBA finals.

upload_2016-7-31_19-10-32.png

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention that the NBA is a lot easier for scorers now than it was in Jordan's day. MJ might have averaged 40 a game nowadays, which sounds crazy until you realize he averaged 37 a game one season even back then.

It isn't though. It is easier to score today than it was in the 90's, but when Jordan scored high 30's in the 80s, defense was not nearly as good as it is today. Pace of play was faster and the average player was not as athletic. No way Jordan averages more than say 32 in today's league.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh...the "we walked uphill both ways in the snow" nonsense

Players are faster, stronger, and more athletic than ever now.

Today's players would annihilate players of the 1990s who would annihilate players of the 1970s who would annihilate players of the 1950s.

We can acknowledge of the greatness of the past, but also understand the game grows better.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't though. It is easier to score today than it was in the 90's, but when Jordan scored high 30's in the 80s, defense was not nearly as good as it is today. Pace of play was faster and the average player was not as athletic. No way Jordan averages more than say 32 in today's league.

Are you kidding me? He'd probably average 15-20 free throw attempts every game in today's NBA. Go watch highlights of the Pistons/Bulls series. Detroit would have multiple players ejected with Flagrant 2's in today's NBA and that is how everyone tried to defend him. Players were assaulted driving to the basket back in the day.

Today -- you look at a guy wrong and you are whistled for a foul.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me? He'd probably average 15-20 free throw attempts every game in today's NBA. Go watch highlights of the Pistons/Bulls series. Detroit would have multiple players ejected with Flagrant 2's in today's NBA and that is how everyone tried to defend him. Players were assaulted driving to the basket back in the day.

Exactly.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus today's NBA is more about athleticism and less about fundamentals. Not saying nobody uses 'em anymore, but it's CERTAINLY less commonplace...

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus today's NBA is more about athleticism and less about fundamentals. Not saying nobody uses 'em anymore, but it's CERTAINLY less commonplace...
And a lot of these athletic freaks don't concern themselves with defense.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh...the "we walked uphill both ways in the snow" nonsense

Players are faster, stronger, and more athletic than ever now.

Today's players would annihilate players of the 1990s who would annihilate players of the 1970s who would annihilate players of the 1950s.

We can acknowledge of the greatness of the past, but also understand the game grows better.

Facts

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a poll voted on by his own peers in the NBA. So that makes the NBA GM's and his own peers -- Lebron received ZERO votes.

Lebron's OWN TEAM didn't even let him take the shot with Game 7 and the NBA championship on the line -- Kyrie Irvin took it.

I love Lebron and he is a beast, but there is a reason he jumped to Miami and then jumped back to Cleveland. He needs a pair of elite players around him because he doesn't want all the weight on his shoulders. If you put Jordan's intangibles into Lebron -- he'd already be considered the GOAT and he wouldn't be 3-4 in the NBA finals.

View attachment 143495

This poll was clearly several years ago. Who doesn't need elite players around them to win? That argument is so lame. I forgot Jordan was surrounded by bums

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This poll was clearly several years ago. Who doesn't need elite players around them to win? That argument is so lame. I forgot Jordan was surrounded by bums

Did you see Jordan, after losing to Boston, jump ship to to play with Bird? Or when the Bulls couldn't get by Detroit, did he jump ship and sign to play with Isiah Thomas? Or did you see him opt out in Free Agency and grab two of the best players in the NBA to form a 'super team'?

I'd have a lot more respect for LeBron if he hadn't turned his back on his hometown team to chase a title with a team he hand picked. And I know Cleveland fans have this delusion that LeBron came back to Cleveland, because he wanted to win for Cleveland, but he went back because they had 3 #1 picks overall while he was gone and it gave them the ammunition to form a trio better than what Miami could. Without Kyrie and two other #1 picks they could use as pieces to get Love. LeBron wasn't going back to Cleveland.

And no one is saying Jordan played with nobodies. What he did do is, play on the same team instead of chasing a championship ring.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I agree, if you go back to say the 70's or 80's. The game of basketball from the 90's and 2000's hasn't changed much at all. Jordan, Dominique, Shaq, Barkley, Olajuwan, Malone, Magic Johnson, Etc. What are players today doing that these guys didn't?

What has changed with the game is the way the refs call the games. Players have much more room in today's NBA. (My opinion -- I learn I need to state this or people say I'm stating facts)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see Jordan, after losing to Boston, jump ship to to play with Bird? Or when the Bulls couldn't get by Detroit, did he jump ship and sign to play with Isiah Thomas? Or did you see him opt out in Free Agency and grab two of the best players in the NBA to form a 'super team'?

I'd have a lot more respect for LeBron if he hadn't turned his back on his hometown team to chase a title with a team he hand picked. And I know Cleveland fans have this delusion that LeBron came back to Cleveland, because he wanted to win for Cleveland, but he went back because they had 3 #1 picks overall while he was gone and it gave them the ammunition to form a trio better than what Miami could. Without Kyrie and two other #1 picks they could use as pieces to get Love. LeBron wasn't going back to Cleveland.

And no one is saying Jordan played with nobodies. What he did do is, play on the same team instead of chasing a championship ring.

It is a different era. I'm so sick of guys bringing up that Jordan didn't leave chicago after losing to detroit. Free agency back then is nothing like it is today so bringing that up is irrelevant. You don't know what Jordan would have done if he played in this era and couldn't get over detroit and became a free agent immediately after.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a different era. I'm so sick of guys bringing up that Jordan didn't leave chicago after losing to detroit. Free agency back then is nothing like it is today so bringing that up is irrelevant. You don't know what Jordan would have done if he played in this era and couldn't get over detroit and became a free agent immediately after.

Actually, we do know.

Jordan would have done what best served his interests.

Like when he came out of retirement to play for the Wizards.

That was less about winning, and more about money and part ownership.

But, he did it.

*blacks the fuck out and goes back to pretending that never happened*

I find it interesting that nobody has anything to say about Rodman.

He was a vital part of the Pistons. But, he went mercenary for many Teams, including the hated Bulls.

Guess it doesn't count if you are not considered a top 10 player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree, if you go back to say the 70's or 80's. The game of basketball from the 90's and 2000's hasn't changed much at all. Jordan, Dominique, Shaq, Barkley, Olajuwan, Malone, Magic Johnson, Etc. What are players today doing that these guys didn't?

What has changed with the game is the way the refs call the games. Players have much more room in today's NBA. (My opinion -- I learn I need to state this or people say I'm stating facts)

That is just not true though. People always want to talk about hand checking and those hard fouls from the 90s. Sure, both are gone, but the game today is much more physical than you think. In the 80s, contact on a drive was called a foul. Today it is often a no call unless there is an advantage gained. The game is still very physical, just not in the same way as before.

The average player today is more athletic than the average player 20 and 30 years ago. I know people want to glorify the 90s, but in all reality, that was probably the most unwatchable era, outside of Jordan.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it interesting that nobody has anything to say about Rodman.

He was a vital part of the Pistons. But, he went mercenary for many Teams, including the hated Bulls.

Guess it doesn't count if you are not considered a top 10 player.
I think people are just on Super team high alert right now.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free Agency was completely different then.

You could not assemble super teams via free agency even if you wanted to do so.
At best it would have to be guys in their 30s trying to chase a ring towards the end like Houston for less money.

It was impossible to do it like Lebron did with superstars in their free agency primes.
The maximum salary rule alone would have prevented it.

Miami might have offered 15 mil/year while Cleveland would have offered 100 million/year under old rules.
Do we really think Lebron would have left under those old rules??

It is really easy to praise those "loyal" guys in hindsight without mentioning the rules.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said quite a few times how Lebron may be the most physically gifted player in NBA, but he will never be in the GOAT conversation because he lacks the intangibles that can't be taught. He lacks the killer instinct where you will step on the throat of anyone in your way, that burning hatred to lose at anything at any time.

Jordan is in his 50's, I believe, and he still has it. Here is a video of him crushing the dreams of all the kids at Chris Paul's basketball camp. :pound:

WATCH: Michael Jordan ruthlessly ends the shoe hopes of kids at Chris Paul's camp
I hate to tell you this my friend, but in the eyes of the Little Lebron fans, Lebron has already reached Michael Jordan status and passed it double. In their eyes, he is the greatest player ever to have played the game

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just not true though. People always want to talk about hand checking and those hard fouls from the 90s. Sure, both are gone, but the game today is much more physical than you think. In the 80s, contact on a drive was called a foul. Today it is often a no call unless there is an advantage gained. The game is still very physical, just not in the same way as before.

The average player today is more athletic than the average player 20 and 30 years ago. I know people want to glorify the 90s, but in all reality, that was probably the most unwatchable era, outside of Jordan.

I respectfully disagree. The physicality of the game is night and day from the 90's to today. In the 90's, the Pistons never would have won a title under today's rules as they would have had guys ejected almost daily. Today's NBA, all the rules favor the team with the ball -- and all the flopping the players do, it has started to look like soccer.