• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great, ESPN...

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picks the offseason standout for each team... Sowell, TE was the Bears stand out so far (according to ESPN). I've yet to hear a peep about him in any OTA reports. Montgomery and Ridley keep popping up though. :scratch::loco2:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard a lot about Sowell, just for the pure sake of an OT to TE transition being so rare. Especially for a 30 year old.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard a lot about Sowell, just for the pure sake of an OT to TE transition being so rare. Especially for a 30 year old.
It's like getting an extra OL to line up, which is fantastic and should help with our run game. But if we really want to sell it, Sowell will have to snag a few passes thrown his way. Any time we're 5 yards or less from a first down or the end zone would be a good time to get him involved in the passing game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like getting an extra OL to line up, which is fantastic and should help with our run game. But if we really want to sell it, Sowell will have to snag a few passes thrown his way. Any time we're 5 yards or less from a first down or the end zone would be a good time to get him involved in the passing game.

Yeah, and I've also read that he's looked at as a "hedge bet" to Shaheen. Just incase he can't stay healthy again or if we just decide to give up on him all together. Probably a smart move. At this point, you can't wager anything on Shaheen to fill even a slightly significant role within the offense. There's ability there, but I find the prospects of him developing into a legitimate NFL TE at this point to be... well... uninspiring. Shall we say?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and I've also read that he's looked at as a "hedge bet" to Shaheen. Just incase he can't stay healthy again or if we just decide to give up on him all together. Probably a smart move. At this point, you can't wager anything on Shaheen to fill even a slightly significant role within the offense. There's ability there, but I find the prospects of him developing into a legitimate NFL TE at this point to be... well... uninspiring. Shall we say?
Relative to expectations, I'm not sure there's been any single player on the roster to date that I've been more disappointed with his play than Shaheen. I know some of his woes have been injury related, but even when he's been healthy, he hasn't shown much. Not quite ready to state this is a make-or-break year for him, but I'm getting damn close.