• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great Article From Baker

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would make an interesting book. I know I was hooked into that article the second I started reading it. The book Scoreboard Baby about the UW football program during the early 2000s under slick Rick was based on a lot of the investigative reporting done by the Seattle Times and other local newspapers.

I would be really intrigued to hear more stories about what is going on within the Mariners FO.

He was on KJR this morning (Baker) and said he had to drastically condense his material for that article. According to him there are many more bombshells in what he learned and a lot of little things he just didn't have space for.

Rarely do you get 4-5 people willing to put their names as sources on things like this. Much of it matches things other employees there, both past and present, have said off the record to other reporters.

Talk about a train wreck.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think this article or knowledge about the front office would influence a player on wanting to play in Seattle or not?

I think if your a player that actually loves to play the game for the love it, then hell yes you would want to stay clear of any BS being reported like that. It tells you flat out they don't give a damn about winning, then you look back at the last decade, the writing is on the wall for this franchise its a giant shit show, taken fans money for profit while having former players come back and saying, " Howard and Chuck care about winning."