• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great 4th Quarter / Quarterbacks......Passer Rating

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, I mean I know what a coverage sack is. My point is since Dallas has the better line, wouldn't a reasonable expectation be that more of their sacks allowed would be of the coverage sack variety? Since you wouldn't expect a better offensive line to get blown up as often. To me it makes sense, bad offensive line, more quick sacks allowed. Good offensive line, more coverage sacks allowed.

What I meant was the sacks when the QB held the ball for just 2 or 3 seconds with no one getting open and then the defender overpowered the OL and got a hold of him. Assuming since Dallas individual OL are better that he gets an extra half second and throws it away before the sack???

Last try. So in other words I'm not talking about the 5 second coverage sacks where we all say that wasn't on the OL. Maybe most teams hold the guy for 3 seconds which is decent and Dallas maybe an extra half second and that extra second is the difference between a sack on Den and throwing it away on Dallas. So yeah on Den it's a sack and makes you think the OL isn't good, but those types of sacks where the OL holds up for 3 plus seconds don't usually end up with a big hit that injures a QB. Usually things just kind of collapse around him or someone grabs him. Now of course a QB can get hurt on any sack...just less % of it than when a guy comes free off the edge and drills him and my whole point was Dallas has just as many where no one is touched and gets a free hit on the QB.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it is completely relative and circumstantial. QB rating only paints part of the picture.