• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great 4th Quarter / Quarterbacks......Passer Rating

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, guess it would all depend on the cost

For a mid round pick, I think its worth a flier for Denver, that QB position will continue to hold them back over the next season or 2, and than, as you know the window closes
I'm guessing you haven't watched much of Denver this year, but it's not the qb position that's holding them back. It's their poor run defense, terrible o-line, and complete lack of a running game since the CJ Anderson injury that might cost them the playoffs.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver would be silly to not kick the tires on Romo. With an average QB they are a solid playoff team. With a good QB they are one of the SB favorites. Right now...not sure they even make the playoffs.
I kind of already answered this to Dirt, but Siemian has been better than you think and is not Denver's problem right now. In yards per game, he's 17th (right in the middle). Passer rating, he's 19th, between Philip Rivers and Jameis Winston. Yards per attempt, he's 15th. If you put much stock in ESPN's QBR (personally I don't, but I know some do), he's 16th. He's pretty much middle of the road in all qb stats, and he's actually playing better now than he was early in the season. In fact, in his last two starts, he's combined for to go 55-85 (65%), 4 touchdowns, no interceptions. And Denver lost both of those games.

He needs to get better, for sure, but he's shown a lot of potential and seems to have room to grow. Frankly he's exceeded my expectations for him. Denver's big issue right now is they can't run and they can't stop the run, and their offensive line is trash (especially their tackles). If they don't make the playoffs, that will be what kept them out, not Siemian.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you haven't watched much of Denver this year, but it's not the qb position that's holding them back. It's their poor run defense, terrible o-line, and complete lack of a running game since the CJ Anderson injury that might cost them the playoffs.

And the QB position

There are tons of QB's in this league overcoming a lack of a running game

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Seamen or Paxton Lynch, or Tony Romo

Not a tough one for me

It's not a matter of who the better QB is....

But think about it, Romo is not going to find an All-Pro O-Line like in Dallas, and as fragile as he is, one shot and you just wasted your money!!!

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the QB position

There are tons of QB's in this league overcoming a lack of a running game
Since CJ Anderson went down with injury, Denver has rushed 149 times for 439 yards. That's an average of 2.95 yards per carry, which is worst in the league. And that came against Tennessee (3rd ranked run defense), San Diego (7th ranked run defense), New Orleans (12th ranked run defense), Oakland (26th ranked run defense), and Kansas City (27th ranked run defense.

As shown by his 4th quarter passing numbers, Siemian has performed pretty well when he's opened it up. I'm not claiming he's the next elite quarterback, but he's not the problem with the Broncos right now. Not even close.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he was never on the Dak bandwagon. You have to remember there is a segment of Cowboy "fans" that will back Romo before the team. They were sometimes secretly and sometimes openly rooting for Dak to crash and burn so that Romo would keep his job regardless of what was best for the team

oh well then....

You are correct

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a matter of who the better QB is....

But think about it, Romo is not going to find an All-Pro O-Line like in Dallas, and as fragile as he is, one shot and you just wasted your money!!!
Therein lies the rub. I've been calling Romo injury prone back when most Cowboy fans still thought it was all just bad luck so you don't need to convince me of that. But if you will miss the playoffs without him the downside is no change in result (just wasted money). The upside is possibly winning a SB if you are Denver. And it's not like it's a 100% guarantee he gets injured and even if he does that he misses enough time to change the course of your season. If he plays enough to get you in the playoffs and then is healthy for the playoffs...who knows what could happen...

Heck, doesn't matter to me. I'm still thinking that if you made me pick one of the 32 teams today to say who I think he plays for next year I still take Dallas.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Therein lies the rub. I've been calling Romo injury prone back when most Cowboy fans still thought it was all just bad luck so you don't need to convince me of that. But if you will miss the playoffs without him the downside is no change in result (just wasted money). The upside is possibly winning a SB if you are Denver. And it's not like it's a 100% guarantee he gets injured and even if he does that he misses enough time to change the course of your season. If he plays enough to get you in the playoffs and then is healthy for the playoffs...who knows what could happen...

Heck, doesn't matter to me. I'm still thinking that if you made me pick one of the 32 teams today to say who I think he plays for next year I still take Dallas.

Unless he plays for substantially less money who in the hell is going to take him? By next season he will be a 37 yr old QB (not named Brady or Brees) coming off multiple surgeries & having back issues & yes the concern about him not winning big games. How much at most do you believe that is worth to a team (& I would have to guess that only contenders appeal to him & those teams very likely don't have lots of cap space)?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand what you're saying, but he is not going to get the all pro line like he has in Dallas.....

He will get hit a lot more and with all his back problems.......
The offensive line you have in Dallas is the reason for any of his success.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you're saying, but he is not going to get the all pro line like he has in Dallas.....

He will get hit a lot more and with all his back problems.......
The offensive line you have in Dallas is the reason for any of his success.
The Dallas OL is great, but this is so completely overblown at this point. The Cowboys aren't first in sacks allowed or QB hits and have a QB that makes them look even better because he doesn't hold the ball. Plus Dallas throws the ball less than other teams so if they threw it more their sacks/hits would go up. So a Cowboy QB gets hit what, a couple times less per game than Denver? They give up a sack every 5% of passing plays and Denver does every 7%. And with no facts I'd guess the coverage sacks are higher for Den because the Dallas line is better. So the guy running free at the QB type hits that put a lot of QBs out are maybe a handful more for Den than Dallas all year. So I kind disagree with the degree of impact everyone gives to the Cowboy OL. It's like the OL can achieve Peace in the Middle East at this point.

Now a bigger issue IMO is that unlike Dak, Romo holds the ball way too long and this leads to a lot of the hits that he gets. So the most important way to get Romo healthy is to make sure he throws the ball quicker. Is there risk in bringing in Romo??? Hell yeah. Is it worth it? IMO yes, but each team needs to decide that for themselves. His last full season was probably his best ever and he was only 2 years younger.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with no facts I'd guess the coverage sacks are higher for Den because the Dallas line is better.
I'm confused by this, if Dallas has the better line, wouldn't their coverage sacks be higher? I can assure you, Denver isn't giving up a lot of coverage sacks this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused by this, if Dallas has the better line, wouldn't their coverage sacks be higher? I can assure you, Denver isn't giving up a lot of coverage sacks this year.
Hey...I said I didn't have facts didn't I???:D

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I meant was the sacks when the QB held the ball for just 2 or 3 seconds with no one getting open and then the defender overpowered the OL and got a hold of him. These are not usually the sacks where the QB gets hit hard and hurt, but are still sacks. Kind of the pocket collapsing around him types. Assuming since Dallas individual OL are better that he gets an extra half second and throws it away before the sack???
So same amount of defender coming free type sacks. Clear as mud now???

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver would be silly to not kick the tires on Romo.
Not sure about that my friend, if they did he might get injured again.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I meant was the sacks when the QB held the ball for just 2 or 3 seconds with no one getting open and then the defender overpowered the OL and got a hold of him. These are not usually the sacks where the QB gets hit hard and hurt, but are still sacks. Kind of the pocket collapsing around him types. Assuming since Dallas individual OL are better that he gets an extra half second and throws it away before the sack???
So same amount of defender coming free type sacks. Clear as mud now???
Right, I mean I know what a coverage sack is. My point is since Dallas has the better line, wouldn't a reasonable expectation be that more of their sacks allowed would be of the coverage sack variety? Since you wouldn't expect a better offensive line to get blown up as often. To me it makes sense, bad offensive line, more quick sacks allowed. Good offensive line, more coverage sacks allowed.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has the best oline, and if you watch real close, there is room for improvement.
they give up slacks and hold as well.
not as much plug and play as most assume

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the greatest QBs in NFL history...... in the 4th quarter....with passer ratings

Passer rating, is a combination of stats, made into a formula, to create a number
pass attempts / pass completions......touchdown passes / interceptions.......total yardage

in the 4th quarter for a career ...passer ratings

Joe Montana.....79.9
Troy Aikman..........79.9
Brett Favre........80.4
Dan Marino...........85.4
Phillip Rivers.....88.4
Drew Brees...........89.4
Peyton Manning........90.5
Tom Brady.............94.5
Russell Wilson.....100.3
Aaron Rogers.........101.5

and then, there is this one guy, who has a ......102.7 passer rating in the 4th quarter
And right now, he's the backup QB, for the DALLAS COWBOYS
And I'm not talking about Mark Sanchez

and oh, by the way......the starting QB for the COWBOYS
Dak Prescott, in 13 games, has a 102.9 passer rating in the 4th quarter

people_who_give_a_fuck.gif