• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grading our players: D. Levy

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know what you mean and the way I have the ratings set up may be a bit off but I didn't feel like changing it. But I like when people post their ratings and then offer reason as to why they did.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have time to look at all the ratings that sTop has gathered, but at a quick estimation it looks like everyone is rating our offense ahead of our defense. Or at the least the avg numbers are very close so far. And they shouldn't be.

Levy is the 2nd best player on a top 3 defense. If we rated our defense using the same scale, it would be AT LEAST a 9.0. You guys as a collective unit are saying we only have 1 guy on defense who is above a 9? The numbers don't work out. Just sayin'.

Actually, this is going to make for a very interesting thread once everything is done. So far, from what I see, our offense isn't graded as highly as people think when you take the individual rankings.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's really a good player but he can be better.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levy should never be covering a WR. Not to mention one as big and as strong as Dez Bryant.

I don't have a problem with Bryant breaking that tackle in the open field. The coverage was exploited by the Cowboys and they took advantage of it. I don't know any LBs that could have covered Dez.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's rock solid against the run and diagnosing but he has limitations while in coverage, IMO. I'll reflect back to the game vs ATL. I witnessed more than a dozen plays where he had dropped into coverage against the likes of Harry Douglas, Roddy, Julio and it was clear there were missed assignments by others, but he has no business trying to keep up with 4.4-4.5 guys who'll make his head spin. He's still one of the top 5 weak-side LB'ers from a 4-3 Def. I just hope he can continue this upward momentum. BTW, I'm not saying he's horrible in pass coverage but it's always been an Achilles heel of his and yet I've still seen quite a bit of positive progression over the last 2 years from him in this area.

Mayhew needs to seriously consider extending Levy before the end of 2015 season. JMHO.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree that Levy's coverage has been his Achilles heel. He was spectacular in coverage in 2014. I think he got a bit over-matched covering some talented wideouts 1 on 1, but the very fact that coaches trust him to handle WRs in single coverage should tell us all we need to know about his coverage abilities. He chews up RBs and TEs that most OLBs are tasked with covering.

I think we're looking at more of a case of him being pushed past his limitations more so than a drop in his coverage abilities.

And for what it's worth when talking about him covering 4.4/4.5 guys, don't forget that he's a legit 4.5 guy- which is damn fast for a LB. Hopefully next year they keep him more to covering RBs and TEs and less 1 on 1 stuff against WRs...