• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grade your team draft.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, those guys have high potential. Just worried about Kinlaw's knee and they probably didn't even need to trade up for Aiyuk. After those first two picks, I kinda figured the Niners wouldn't be drafting anyone to get excited about. I hope I'm wrong about the other picks.

With Aiyuk, I think that was obviously a target and someone you guys coveted. When that’s the case - I think you go up and get them if the price is reasonable. Honestly when they announced that pick - I said damn , SF just killed it. I knew you had a good team last year, but when you guys got Sanders - I thought that put you over the hump. This Aiyuk guy is dangerous. I still think you have something in Jaylon Hurd too from last year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor was climbing up boards quick. Brooks was rumored to go early in the 2nd (Bengals likely would've taken him given they took a linebacker with their 3rd and 4th. Brooks is the one linebacker in this draft that can keep up with Lamar Jackson given his speed and lateral quickness).

Where are you getting 84 and 185?

Brooks:
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Jordyn Brooks | NFL.com
Round 2.

Taylor:
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Darrell Taylor | NFL.com
Round 2.

Taylor could've potentially been a 1st rounder, but he couldn't participate in the senior bowl or combine due to offseason surgery which hurt his stock quite a bit. That said, he was one of the top graded pass rushers according to PFF in this years draft.

Two of the worst value picks in the draft... really? lol... please. I would've liked to see a trade down for Brooks and staying at 59 for Taylor, which is why I'm not giving Seattle an A, but the picks fill glaring holes (run defense/pass rush-EDGE) so I'm not going to knock them too hard for it.

Brooks ran a 4.54. That is a really nice 40 but nothing crazy. Gay and Simmons are Lamar catchers. When you nail a draft you get 1st round talent in the 2nd maybe even 3rd and so on. You got 2nd round talent in the 1st and 4th round talent in the 2nd. Seattle did have some other really nice picks but when you reach in the 1st 2 rounds it’s hard to come out with a nice grade. Who knows what the future holds though...could be an A this time next year or in two years. That’s why these grades are just fun to analyze but in reality none of us have no clue.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parkinson looks like a monster TE. 6'7" with speed. He could be an impossible receiver to cover.

Definitely has the size... but we have so many fuckin' TEs on the roster (7 after the 7th round pick). I can't imagine they cut Dissly because he's been on pace both seasons he played to be one of the best TEs in the league he just can't stay healthy (but maybe will now, can't give up on him this early), I'll be PISSED if we release Olsen because the $8M could've been used on Clowney or Jefferson. That leaves us with 1-2 slots for tight ends... and I can't imagine if they spent a 4th on Parkinson he wont make the team... so that means Hollister/Johnson/Willson would all be gone if we kept 4 and signed our 7th round pick, which is unlikely so why the fuck did we draft that anyway?

I dunno.

But yah 6'7" tight ends... maybe... I just think we'll never hear from him again... but the last couple players we had out of Stanford (Baldwin and Sherman) turned out to be pretty fuckin' good. Hopefully the trend continues.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks ran a 4.54. That is a really nice 40 but nothing crazy. Gay and Simmons are Lamar catchers. When you nail a draft you get 1st round talent in the 2nd maybe even 3rd and so on. You got 2nd round talent in the 1st and 4th round talent in the 2nd. Seattle did have some other really nice picks but when you reach in the 1st 2 rounds it’s hard to come out with a nice grade. Who knows what the future holds though...could be an A this time next year or in two years. That’s why these grades are just fun to analyze but in reality none of us have no clue.

Again, where the fuck are you getting that Taylor was 4th round talent (I want links to MULTIPLE sites)? I gave you direct NFL Combine links that both were projected 2nd round and agreed that Brooks I think was taken too early. 4.54 is not a 4.33, but it's not a 4.7 either. It's fast for a 240lb+ guy, and he led the nation in TFL and QB pressures for linebackers.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Aiyuk, I think that was obviously a target and someone you guys coveted. When that’s the case - I think you go up and get them if the price is reasonable. Honestly when they announced that pick - I said damn , SF just killed it. I knew you had a good team last year, but when you guys got Sanders - I thought that put you over the hump. This Aiyuk guy is dangerous. I still think you have something in Jaylon Hurd too from last year.

Reportedly, Lynch and Shanahan really fall in love with certain players and types, so they're very willing to spend capital on those targets. Just gotta hope that they're right more often than not, as they can't afford to miss a lot when they give up draft picks for the guys they covet.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to grade the Chiefs because of their lack of ammo to move up. Their first round pick was after a massive run on CBs and LBers so picking their top RB was smart. Their 2nd round linebacker pick and 3rd round OL pick also weren't at the end of long runs so the Chiefs got players where they wanted them. The question becomes did they actually get a 1st round RB, a 2nd round LB and a 3rd round OL? Not 100% sure.

After digging through the LSU film I'd say Clyde Edwards-Helaire is somewhere between Devonta Freeman and Devin Singletary. If he can stay healthy and on the Chiefs for awhile then that pick is a home run. It seems like RBs having more than 2-3 good years is rare, though. Hopefully he can change that trend. I'll give it a B+

Veach says he thinks Willie Gay Jr would have been a 1st round pick if he played in college another year. So this is a guy that couldn't stay on the field at all in college because of off-the-field issues. Apparently scouts across the league weren't worried but the other issue Gay Jr has is that he is fairly raw. Top tier athlete, though. Like Simmons level. The position he'd play needs to be upgraded as good as Gay can play and I'm not sure thats in 2020. 2021? Yeah, the Chiefs might have a stud. Lots of upside, lots of bust potential, lots of room for growth, lots of need. I'll give it a C+

Apparently Niang never allowed a sack in his career. The guy is a PFF God for Rd3. The actual film? He looks like a solid Guard prospect with good movement in run blocking. High floor. For that range, I'll give it an A- though I don't see the upside of Gay or CEH here. But its the end of round 3.

The rest looks like depth. Maybe one of these guys gets coached up. You never know.

B draft overall. The Chiefs took some risks with players but tried to get the most value from where they were at.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B-

Filled some much needed depth and added some nice future pieces, but outside of Claypool no one who will probably make much of an impact in 2020.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, where the fuck are you getting that Taylor was 4th round talent (I want links to MULTIPLE sites)? I gave you direct NFL Combine links that both were projected 2nd round and agreed that Brooks I think was taken too early. 4.54 is not a 4.33, but it's not a 4.7 either. It's fast for a 240lb+ guy, and he led the nation in TFL and QB pressures for linebackers.

They were reaches, both and wouldnt say they addressed everything they needed too. I would say Seattle had a bottom 10 draft tbh. No way in hell they get a B+.

B- at best. They didnt have as good of a draft as you believe, surrpising you think it is a B+

I expect more from you to call out your team!! LOL

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graded on a curve

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grade your team's draft? I'm not really sure what that means until 3 or 4 years from now. I realize the media talking heads think they know what they're talking about, so they hand out grades based on what they projected about who goes where, who can't miss, who is value and all kinds of other nonsense based on how they projected their ideas, but it doesn't mean a damn thing until these players play and produce, so I'd give every team an incomplete until 2022 or so...

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers - C+

1- Traded up unnecessarily to get Jordan Love, who isn't a surefire QB-of-the-future. The Packers do need a similar style QB as a backup, as Rodgers is too important a player for team success, and previous backups weren't getting the job done
2- Took AJ Dillion, who is unlikely to be a long-term impact player. At best, he's a lesser version of Stephen Davis. At worst, he's a fizzle like Jay Ajayi.
3- Took Josiah Deguara, who figures to be a blocking TE or H-back getting spot duty. Pretty good pick.
5- Kamal Martin, who looks like fodder for training camp. Could conceivably be a 5th or 6th LB, but is too much of a liability to play OLB. Worst Pack pick in the draft.
6- Traded to get Jon Runyan Jr. as a lineman. I like the pick, especially if he plays like his dad.
6 - Jake Hanson as a center is an interesting pick. He could be gold, or he could suck and be a depth lineman. Kind of a gamble.
6- Simon Stepniak is a little better than Hanson IMO, and has a better chance of starting this year or next year. Can play both G positions and maybe stints at T.
7- Vernon Scott I don't know much about. Seems talented enough, but both safety positions are taken right now. If he's good for depth, I guess I like it.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B, Seems solid but I am not overly amped. We will see how it plays out

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drafted Randall Cobb's replacement
drafted Travis Fredericks replacement
drafted Byron Jones replacement
drafted Malik Collins replacement

plus added some decent depth players

I'd give it a solid B+, with potential for an A grade after further review.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Solid B.

There really wasn't anyone you would consider a steal which to me having one or more of those is a prerequisite to giving an A grade but there wasn't anyone I'd say was a reach either.

14 was about right for Kinlaw. There are concerns but the upside is tremendous and he could develop into an absolute beast which makes him worth taking at 14.

Aiyuk is a perfect fit for Shanahan's system and I think he'll be extremely productive. I think the 9ers offense is potentially going to be pretty scary this upcoming season because Shanahan has been trying to build it to where everyone can take a 10 yard catch and house it.

I'm not big into guessing if he would've been there at 31 because that's impossible to know. It seems the 9ers thought Miami wanted him and Miami did bail on their pick so it's possible they were right.

The thing is in the end nobody cares if you trade up to get a guy if he pans out. If Aiyuk has a 1000 yard receiving year we're not going to go well that's great but he still could've been had at 31.

They didn't draft again till the 5th so the rest of the class was guys you hope can upgrade your depth and maybe you get lucky and hit on one.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles blew it. Reached round 1, 2, 3 and 4. Did add speed but so what if you’re reaching. Don’t like the QB even in the 5th round.
F+

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were reaches, both and wouldnt say they addressed everything they needed too. I would say Seattle had a bottom 10 draft tbh. No way in hell they get a B+.

B- at best. They didnt have as good of a draft as you believe, surrpising you think it is a B+

I expect more from you to call out your team!! LOL

B- is being generous. I gave them a D and a bottom-5 draft for sure. Huge reaches throughout and at times just feels like the Seahawks continue to try and be different just to be different. It worked the first few years but Russell Wilson is about the only reason the Seahawks are not a bottom-10 roster in football because of so many average at best drafts of late.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys A++ on paper we will see how it unfolds

On paper, holes were not only filled with quality guys but we may have stolen the best WR in the draft. Lady luck seemed to be on our side for once. Maybe we will start getting the benefits of the phantom trippings this year :noidea:

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK GIANTS

R1 - Andrew Thomas - OT
R2 - Xavier McKinney - S
R3 - Matt Peart - OT
R4 - Darnay Holmes - Slot CB
R5 - Shane Lemieux - OG
R6 - Cam Brown - LB
R7 - T.J. Brunson - LB
R7 - Chris Williamson - DB
R7 - Tae Crowder - LB

Draft Grade - B

Comments - It's easier to have a good draft when your team is one of the worst in football, you've "earned" higher draft status and you have needs almost everywhere.

That said, I think it was a pretty good draft. I'm satisfied. On a team with holes all over, offensive line was perhaps the biggest hole... and the Giants did what they had to do and invested multiple picks trying to sure up this glaring weakness. Matt Peart is intriguing and not at all a luxury... he's a developmental prospect, but Peart is probably gonna be groomed to replace the wildly disappointing Nate Solder after Nate is cut at the end of next season. (Solder is only playing by default at this point, and the fact that he is one of the best O-lineman on the team tells you everything you need to know about how bad this unit was going into the draft)

The Giant defense is (dare I say it) looking promising, intriguing even. The Gmen have dumped a lot of resources into their D-line and Secondary... there's talented bodies everywhere in these two units, and the DB's (in particular) seem planned to be able to respond/adjust to different match-ups on a week-to-week basis. I love the McKinney pick... and just replacing out ancient Antoine Bethea with this young kid should do wonders for the defense.

Pass rush is still a definite concern. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Finally, looks like new head coach (but former special teams coach) Joe Judge is looking to again build one of the top specials units in football.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our first pick was at 43 and we.drafted the top te in Kmet after signing Jimmy Graham this offseason......I believe we should have used that pick on another position more needed as in db or wr.....
Although the Kmet pick was not bad by any means,Claypool,Mims,Winfield and Delpit were still on the board at 43.....

At 50 we took Jaylon Johnson db.....If db was on the to do list,db ahould have been taken at 43 wiith Delpit or Winfield.....I think we screwed the pooch........
JJ was not a bad pick according to my fellow Bear posters......But Im not as.sure as they are........

If I was picking,Delpit would of been at 43 and Mims at 50....

All in all,this draft was just " eh"......I give it a C.....