• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grade 49ers 2nd Day Draft Only:

Grade 49ers 2nd Day Draft:

• A

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • B

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • C

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • D

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just grade what they did today.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to grade today because it depends how you look at this draft. In my opinion they drafted some good value picks. They didn't draft for this year even though we have needs.

I will grade on Talent. I gave it a B. A lot of good value picks. If I was grading based on need and chance to help us this year it would be a C maybe a D. Doesn't mean I don't like the players just don't think most will help us this year or fit our needs. out of all the picks only the Center from USC I feel will have a shot to play this year.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ward, Hyde, and Martin will all play this year. Borland will play special teams and spell our ILB when needed which is huge for this team.. 4 guys will play

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was great, I'm only giving it a B because it makes me sad that apparently Lattimore will never recover from his injuries and I want to take that sadness out on this poll :(

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to grade today because it depends how you look at this draft. In my opinion they drafted some good value picks. They didn't draft for this year even though we have needs.

I will grade on Talent. I gave it a B. A lot of good value picks. If I was grading based on need and chance to help us this year it would be a C maybe a D. Doesn't mean I don't like the players just don't think most will help us this year or fit our needs. out of all the picks only the Center from USC I feel will have a shot to play this year.

What immediate needs do we have that they didn't address?

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also count Johnson as a draft day get..

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyde will spell for Gore to keep him fresh. He looked tired at the end of the season. I'm sure Hunter will be given PT, but in 2015, it could be Hyde/Hunter. I'm also saddened about Latimore's situation. Life is indeed not fair. Ward will see significant time on the field. So many teams play 3 WR sets. It will be interesting what happens between Martin and Kilgore. Borland will play ST and also some ILB. Bowman will be out a minimum 8 games or possibly more. Brandon Thomas was a steal and an insurance should Iupati price himself out and Niners are not able to afford him. Niners are looking long-term, not just 2014.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what happened with lattimore, head he was good to go

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyde will spell for Gore to keep him fresh. He looked tired at the end of the season. I'm sure Hunter will be given PT, but in 2015, it could be Hyde/Hunter. I'm also saddened about Latimore's situation. Life is indeed not fair. Ward will see significant time on the field. So many teams play 3 WR sets. It will be interesting what happens between Martin and Kilgore. Borland will play ST and also some ILB. Bowman will be out a minimum 8 games or possibly more. Brandon Thomas was a steal and an insurance should Iupati price himself out and Niners are not able to afford him. Niners are looking long-term, not just 2014.

Great summary, agree 100%. Also, Stevie Johnson is here and he doesn't suck.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great summary, agree 100%. Also, Stevie Johnson is here and he doesn't suck.

Thanks Whysies. I forgot about Johnson who is part of our draft. That's how the Niners will stay competitive in the long run by always looking ahead.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borland will start while Bowman is out.

Ward, Martin, Hyde and Borland will all be huge for us this season.
This has been an excellent draft so far. I have to count Stevie as a pick as well. This draft has actually neen the shit!

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Not sexy at all, but some players will be decent. Martin will be good. Hyde pick is an admission the Lattimore pick is a bust and Borland is too slow to be an every-down player. He's a backup at best and will probably be out off the team in a couple of years.... a very weak 3rd round pick.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When you factor in picking up Steve Johnson almost for free (thanks to trade back with Denver then trade up straight away), it's tempting to give the day an A. However, trading away the late 3rd to pick up an extra 6th rounder seemed an odd move. Having Dri Archer for return duties would've been my preference.

B

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
johnson was a great get i didnt add him to my grade if so its a B+ to A. I wanted a true CB, DE or a nice return man or DT. they went with future. im ok with it just not thrilled. Ward shouldnt be added to this grade. He was day one. only player I see getting playing time is martin if he wins the center position. Hyde wont play much unless injury. Borland will see special teams. thomas will red shirt. overall not sexy day but a productive day. i know most think hyde will play i just dont see it. right now he is 4th on the depth chart

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not alot of talk about Sam falling.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was great, I'm only giving it a B because it makes me sad that apparently Lattimore will never recover from his injuries and I want to take that sadness out on this poll :(

That is sad, but do you suggest this only on the pick of a RB. Is ML done in your opinion? I would hate to see that. Hunter and James are seen as replaceable? or Not? This was an interesting choice! (As was the Seahawk choice of a 5th rounder in round 2?)

Making it interesting are we not?????:suds:

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
johnson was a great get i didnt add him to my grade if so its a B+ to A. I wanted a true CB, DE or a nice return man or DT. they went with future. im ok with it just not thrilled. Ward shouldnt be added to this grade. He was day one. only player I see getting playing time is martin if he wins the center position. Hyde wont play much unless injury. Borland will see special teams. thomas will red shirt. overall not sexy day but a productive day. i know most think hyde will play i just dont see it. right now he is 4th on the depth chart

How many people did you expect us to draft that would start or get a lot of playing time on a team that has been to the NFC Championship game the past 3 years? We haven't lost much regarding starters and those that we have we have replacements.. I think your expectations for players that will make impact right a way was way too high. The only replacements we really needed was CB and C.. Guess what, we got both of those..

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is sad, but do you suggest this only on the pick of a RB. Is ML done in your opinion? I would hate to see that. Hunter and James are seen as replaceable? or Not? This was an interesting choice! (As was the Seahawk choice of a 5th rounder in round 2?)

Making it interesting are we not?????:suds:

I mean, in the interest of full disclosure: no, I don't think 100% that he's done. However, I don't think you draft a RB in the second round when you think that there is a strong possibility that Lattimore is your future (coupled with Hunter playing the role of Robin to his Batman), especially when there are so many bigger needs. Unless the 49ers front office REALLY believes in taking the best player available and he was the best player available by far.

As of now I see it like this:
Gore is the starter for another year or so.
Hyde is the backup/heir apparent.
Hunter is the backup/change of pace.
James is a living, breathing piece of human garbage and a true shitstain of a "player" who doesn't deserve the title of "NFL player."
Lattimore is a total wildcard that may never play a down of pro football in his life.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then you're blind. At the very least Hyde would get whatever carries Boobie Dixon got. But the primary thing that he can do for the Niners this year is be the goal line back(which is what Dixon was). I would consider that an important role for this year. How many times did the Niners fail getting into the end zone from within the 5 last year? The fact that he will also be the heir to Gore makes it a great pick to me.

And I really wish you would stop talking about Ward. It's pretty apparent that you don't know what your talking about with him.