• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grade 49ers 2nd Day Draft Only:

Grade 49ers 2nd Day Draft:

• A

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • B

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • C

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • D

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Then you're blind. At the very least Hyde would get whatever carries Boobie Dixon got. But the primary thing that he can do for the Niners this year is be the goal line back(which is what Dixon was). I would consider that an important role for this year. How many times did the Niners fail getting into the end zone from within the 5 last year? The fact that he will also be the heir to Gore makes it a great pick to me.

And I really wish you would stop talking about Ward. It's pretty apparent that you don't know what your talking about with him.

I like the Hyde pick too bro but he's not going to just simply replace Boob's carries unless he can also play special teams.

Unless we roll with 3 true RBs and one special teams RB (James, although if the good Lord is willing we will cut his sorry ass as soon as humanly possible).

And this isn't even including Lattimore in the mix.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Hyde pick too bro but he's not going to just simply replace Boob's carries unless he can also play special teams.

Unless we roll with 3 true RBs and one special teams RB (James, although if the good Lord is willing we will cut his sorry ass as soon as humanly possible).

And this isn't even including Lattimore in the mix.

Doesn't matter if Hyde plays ST. Hyde is better then Hunter. By a lot. I fully expect him to be the clear backup to Gore this season.

And it doesn't change the fact that the Niners need a short yardage back. Dixon was that guy last season. Hyde will be that this season.

Hopefully Niners draft a return guy and get rid of LMJ. Hunter is the guy that should be worried. If Lattimore shows anything in camp Hunter will be the odd man out. If Lattimore doesn't then no big deal. 4th round picks come and go all the time.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think several of the D-Lineman in the 2nd and 3rd would have contributed as much as Borland and Hyde (this year) and potentially more in the future as well. Who knows if Thomas will be the same player look at Lattimore obviously by taking Hyde they aren't sold that the kid will play at a high level so that pick could very well be another wasted pick.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think several of the D-Lineman in the 2nd and 3rd would have contributed as much as Borland and Hyde (this year) and potentially more in the future as well. Who knows if Thomas will be the same player look at Lattimore obviously by taking Hyde they aren't sold that the kid will play at a high level so that pick could very well be another wasted pick.

There are 2 DL we drafted last year that didn't get to play last year because of injury. I am sure that was a big factor for not drafting more

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Highly disagree. Those D-lineman wouldn't even crack the rotation this season. Borland should be an ace ST player. He might also be the starter til Bowman comes back. I've already discusses Ward earlier in the thread.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Totally different situation. Lattimore injured the same knee twice, and absolutely destroyed it the most recent time (ACL, PCL, and MCL tears). ACL tears are pretty routine these days.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When you factor in picking up Steve Johnson almost for free (thanks to trade back with Denver then trade up straight away), it's tempting to give the day an A. However, trading away the late 3rd to pick up an extra 6th rounder seemed an odd move. Having Dri Archer for return duties would've been my preference.

B

:10:

I couldn't have said it any better!

Now we have to reach for the "Black Mamba". He won't ease my pain for losing out on Dri, he certainly will not be as dynamic on special teams as what Dri, but he would still be a tremendous upgrade over LMJ. The problem now is we certainly will need to reach for him in the 4th round in order to ensure that we land him.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Totally different situation. Lattimore injured the same knee twice, and absolutely destroyed it the most recent time (ACL, PCL, and MCL tears). ACL tears are pretty routine these days.

Crims, I believe the gruesome knee injury was a different knee than the one he injured the previous year as a sophomore.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
While it is disappointing to see Hyde and think "Okay, Lattimore can't ever recover" to me I look at as next year Hunter, Gore and Lamonkey James will not be on the roster. So the Hyde pick while frustrating because I want Lattimore to succeed and overcome, to me isn't an admission of his non-healing abilities. Its the same with WR basically..

We traded for Stevie J because in the next two years Crabtree, Boldin, Osgood, Baldwin, and probably Brandon Lloyd will not be here.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crims, I believe the gruesome knee injury was a different knee than the one he injured the previous year as a sophomore.

It was the opposite knee from the one he injured the previous year.

I think the Hyde pick likely puts Hunter on notice. If Lattimore shows he's 100% healthy and ready to go come training camp Hunter could find himself on a new team. I just don't see the team keeping Gore and Hunter both on the last year of their contract unless it looks like Lattimore is not ready to contribute for another year.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Sam? There's not a lot of talk about it because he's a 6th-round pick, generously.

Sam needs to lose weight to help his speed and quickness and he also needs to get stronger, the kid has a lot of work to do in the gym. He's a guy that could use a year on the practice squad.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't believe the Hyde pick was made because they weren't confident in Lattimore bouncing back from injury.

I think what the team would like to do is be able to rotate backs without there being much dropoff.

So my guess is the aim is to have Lattimore as 1A and Hyde as 1B with Hunter being a change of pace kind of back.

And I do believe there is an element of run oriented teams having a tough time resisting adding talented running backs to the roster. The Seahawks last season added Christine Michael despite the fact that Lynch still has a few good seasons left in the tank.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

You're right. It was late and I didn't check. Still, Lattimore's second injury was extremely severe. Not a non-contact ACL tear.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't believe the Hyde pick was made because they weren't confident in Lattimore bouncing back from injury.

I think what the team would like to do is be able to rotate backs without there being much dropoff.

So my guess is the aim is to have Lattimore as 1A and Hyde as 1B with Hunter being a change of pace kind of back.

And I do believe there is an element of run oriented teams having a tough time resisting adding talented running backs to the roster. The Seahawks last season added Christine Michael despite the fact that Lynch still has a few good seasons left in the tank.

Hearing Baalke talk about it, it sounds like the value was just too good on Hyde. You have to wonder what it means for Lattimore, but I'm hoping his career isn't done before it's even started. From what I've seen, I really like the kid.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyde was a load in college. It was like beast mode every play. Very, very tough to bring this guy down on a tackle. Hopefully, he can show that in the pros. I like the pick. He was a very good value for when we picked him.

Lattimore admitted he's not back to 100%, but at least it seems that he is healthy enough to play football again. What percentage of football players are 100% healthy anyway?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hearing Baalke talk about it, it sounds like the value was just too good on Hyde. You have to wonder what it means for Lattimore, but I'm hoping his career isn't done before it's even started. From what I've seen, I really like the kid.

I feel they make that pick even if they feel great about Lattimore's health.

I do believe them when they say they want to get away from one back carrying the load because they want the RBs to have fresher legs at the end of the season and playoffs.

I just think their thought process was that they saw a massive dropoff when Dixon subbed in for Gore so they want to avoid a steep dropoff when Hyde subs in for Lattimore and Lattimore subs in for Hyde. Also if one of them gets injured the other guy carries the load and the offense carries on as normal.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potentially an "A". I like the picks of Hyde and Borland. Hyde or Mason were the two RBs I liked best in the draft and Borland is a tackling machine.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel they make that pick even if they feel great about Lattimore's health.

I do believe them when they say they want to get away from one back carrying the load because they want the RBs to have fresher legs at the end of the season and playoffs.

I just think their thought process was that they saw a massive dropoff when Dixon subbed in for Gore so they want to avoid a steep dropoff when Hyde subs in for Lattimore and Lattimore subs in for Hyde. Also if one of them gets injured the other guy carries the load and the offense carries on as normal.

I disagre. I think they Know that lattimore will never be the same.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read anything on Lattimore's injuries not recovering. Is there a source on that or something?

Lattimore has question marks. Gore is getting old. So get a RB as an insurance policy and then let competition sort them out.