• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

gp

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When you guys read articles about Buster Posey and they talk about how Scott Cousins received death threats, does Marcus pop into your head? lol

tzill, did you know Marcus converted to become a jew just so he could make jokes about them?

can't seem to work in an anti-dentite reference here.....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....crossing the 7000 post barrier!

Proof you have no life...

7K posts in one year on one site...

I have been an active poster for about 4 years on ESPN, Runboard, here etc (lurked for about 4 or 5 years prior to that) and have a GRAND TOTAL of about 9K posts.

loser

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Proof you have no life...

7K posts in one year on one site...

I have been an active poster for about 4 years on ESPN, Runboard, here etc (lurked for about 4 or 5 years prior to that) and have a GRAND TOTAL of about 9K posts.

loser

Hater :first:

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's in the same class as NN only he brings an emotional edge to his rants. He definitely has baseball knowledge but rarely if ever entertains opinions contrary to his own. It's the racist edge that bothers me most. You don't have to agree with everyone but there is no need to attack other posters on a personal level ..... and that's where he always seems to go.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this...

We need to make sure we do not become a fascist board where the BanHammer is wielded lightly.

Therefore, anyone who offers a ban on someone needs to do it openly so all know who wielded the hammer.

NN/HH was a clear issue. But what about Recon, for example? He is a solid poster who came over here to gloat. None of us wanted to ban, but what if someone is butthurt enough to do it? That, to me, is a potential problem.

Forcing the wielder of the hammer to go public is a good check to balance that power.

thoughts?

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Cal's suggestion. I was personally responsible for one of Marcus' many bans. I happened across an exchange between him and Titomac where he was in a high-end racist smear campaign. I reported him to ESPN and also posted to him directly that I initiated the action because of his thread. Suprisingly enough, he agreed, but that didn't change his approach one iota. He really doesn't tolerate opinions different than his own

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this...

We need to make sure we do not become a fascist board where the BanHammer is wielded lightly.

Therefore, anyone who offers a ban on someone needs to do it openly so all know who wielded the hammer.

NN/HH was a clear issue. But what about Recon, for example? He is a solid poster who came over here to gloat. None of us wanted to ban, but what if someone is butthurt enough to do it? That, to me, is a potential problem.

Forcing the wielder of the hammer to go public is a good check to balance that power.

thoughts?

Agreed...but no one can just ban a guy except filo, right? You can tag someone, but 2 (or 4?) others need to also to ban someone, right?

In any case I agree, anyone want to ban a guy, say so publicly.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How about this...

thoughts?

No problem with that.....but it already is public info. If you go to the profile there's an infraction tab that lists the infractions received. So it's public, but it's not broadcast.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem with that.....but it already is public info. If you go to the profile there's an infraction tab that lists the infractions received. So it's public, but it's not broadcast.

I was going to say exactly this. For example, if you go to HH you'll note that I didn't give him an infraction (but I supported the cause). It's all public here and Filo is a good man. I'm not too worried about us going martial law.

Although GP's cooch punch is worthy of much praise.