• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

gotta love the art of contract extension

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Myers tavares sigh if only the devils played in that field

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the franchise that has never won a cup and the one that will cease to exist in a few years is who we should be taking notes from.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes the franchise that has never won a cup and the one that will cease to exist in a few years is who we should be taking notes from.

That's not true, they won before I was alive.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Strange not sure what past stanley cups or no cups have to do with this maybe u can tell me? I would just like to know is either one of these deals a good deal? Yes or no?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't tell you if these are good moves or not. If one of them Dipietros it, bad deal. Strange not sure what other teams personnel moves have to do with us? Maybe you can tell me? My point being it's not like these are the teams we should mirroring ourselves after. Isles are a disaster and Sabres are a Miller injury away from being mediocre at best.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ok lets try this

yes or no (hard concept)

are these 2 contracts signed good or bad YES OR NO

as for our team well i believe that if we handled our own pending free agents this way we wouldnt have lost them to start. IMO

but if you cant answer a simple question yes or no then i dont believe you could think that :)

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ok lets try this

yes or no (hard concept)

as for our team well i believe that if we handled our own pending free agents this way we wouldnt have lost them to start. IMO

but if you cant answer a simple question yes or no then i dont believe you could think that :)

I think they're both a little higher than the teams wanted to pay, but I guess this is the trend upwards. Parise's 3.125M/ year deal after scoring back to back 30 goal years seems like a steal compared to some of these. God knows what Doughty is going to get. 7+ I'm figuring.

But the point you were trying to make originally was that we're not doing this for Parise, well we're broke, so once that's cleared up we can move on to that.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok lets try this

yes or no (hard concept)

Well since you only think in black and white for some reason, I will say yes for now. But to give a definitive answer now is just plain ignorant. Now answer my question, are the Islanders and Sabres really the teams you want the Devils to mimic? These situations are not the same as the Devils so it's foolish to compare them.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the DiPietro deal was good too!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For some reason? No one on here can predict the future and these msg boards exsist to discussion present situations.. yeah these deal can turn bad or they can turn good. Still means you can give your opinion on them today. And yes in this situation I would love the devils to mimic the the islanders and sabres. Locking up 2 stud players for reasonable cap hits and avoiding hurt feelings or messy contract talks.(example Parise neids gomez)

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, I never buy the "hurt feelings" argument. Players only seem to be "hurt" when they're offered less money than they want.....but more money than teachers would make in a lifetime.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For some reason? No one on here can predict the future and these msg boards exsist to discussion present situations.. yeah these deal can turn bad or they can turn good. Still means you can give your opinion on them today. And yes in this situation I would love the devils to mimic the the islanders and sabres. Locking up 2 stud players for reasonable cap hits and avoiding hurt feelings or messy contract talks.(example Parise neids gomez)

You're pretty spot on with these two deals. They're both pretty darn good as of now, and even better if these players continue to develop. Both players also game up several year of UFA status too, which I'm sure was one of the reasons the two teams were willing to commit high salaries to them.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But to be frank, there was some reason the Devils weren't able to commit a long term deal to Parise this summer, and it's all financial.