• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gotham

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, why do writers just suck these days.

You realize with your admission in the other thread that you were a fan of Full House, and watch the reboot, that you have exactly zero credibility in this department, right?

:)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize with your admission in the other thread that you were a fan of Full House, and watch the reboot, that you have exactly zero credibility in this department, right?

200.gif

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is not one piece of writing in either of those shows that's weaker than killing off characters and then just bringing them back.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is not one piece of writing in either of those shows that's weaker than killing off characters and then just bringing them back.

200.gif

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh.

What she said.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying man, killing and rebirthing guys in very short time spans is a super weak idea.

the current rebooting of the DC comics universe might be the only thing worse than this idea.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel about Smallville?

Making Clark and Lex HS friends? Having Lois know about Clark so early? Having Lana and Lex become an item? Turning Lana into a superhero?

Smallville is generally considered a good show (I certainly liked it a lot), but it took pretty large liberties as well.

The Lana/Lex thing was an abomination. Writers should've been fired after season 5. EASILY the worst season. Although 4 and 7 lose their way as well.

I give season 4 credit for being the first with a full season story arc (where Flash already has a season of Zoom in season 2).

Lois knew about Clark in season 10. Not THAT early. They took liberties with his pre-superman stuff because he did all the work in Metropolis vs. being "the blur" all over(as the comics had him and MOS depicted).

And yeah the lana superhero thing was silly. Not to mention if she could absorb the kryptonite she should be able to unload it. But i get why the did it....because Alan Moore is a dick.

Lex and Clark as friends (clark was in HS...lex was not) was different, but fun. Although Superman birthright went back to them knowing each other in Smallville.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@calsnowskier

I need you on this. No one else can chat Smallville with me. lol

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

I havent watched it in years, and I only watched it once. I cant hang with your expertise on the subject :)

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

I havent watched it in years, and I only watched it once. I cant hang with your expertise on the subject :)

To be fair I've only seen it all twice.

But the bad stuff (LANA/LEX!!! ugh!! Lex turning bad because of a woman...nooooooo) really stands out.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair I've only seen it all twice.

But the bad stuff (LANA/LEX!!! ugh!! Lex turning bad because of a woman...nooooooo) really stands out.
My overall feel, though, was that Lex realized that Clark was meant to be great, and in order for him to be great, he needed a foil. Lex basically volunteered to be Clark's nemesis in order to assure his ascension to his destiny.

Kind of a cop out on Lex as well, but I think it was a better read than to see his heel-turn as a result of Clark cock-blocking him with Lana. It still would have been better, though, to portray Lex as an anti-hero who just didnt trust Clark and his power (basically have him play Bruce Wayne)

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My overall feel, though, was that Lex realized that Clark was meant to be great, and in order for him to be great, he needed a foil. Lex basically volunteered to be Clark's nemesis in order to assure his ascension to his destiny.

Kind of a cop out on Lex as well, but I think it was a better read than to see his heel-turn as a result of Clark cock-blocking him with Lana. It still would have been better, though, to portray Lex as an anti-hero who just didnt trust Clark and his power (basically have him play Bruce Wayne)

They STARTED him down that road (one of my favorite scenes is when he says that the "bad guy" in the Native American story...could be the hero).

Lex: You know, I've been thinking a lot about this prophecy. I've got a new interpretation. Want to hear it?
Clark: Sure.
Lex: This Naman guy is supposed to come from the stars, have the power of ten men, and shoot fire from his eyes, right?
Clark: It's just an allegory, Lex.
Lex: I know. But if one person could do all that, he would be a formidable enemy. He could conquer the world. He could become a tyrant if nobody kept him in check. So I've been thinking. Anybody who'd be willing to fight him would have to be pretty brave. Clark, did it ever occur to you that maybe the hero of the story... is Sageeth?

THIS is where they started.

Then...season 5 happened. It's one of the big reasons why I hate it. Season 5 changed the entire face of smallville, but did it in the worst possible way.

They gave themselves a rewrite in the season finale (when they brought Lex back to life and he claimed to be the foil Clark needed)...but did they EVER have him act like that during the entire show?

never.

they showed him as someone who was misunderstood, but perceived teh world in his very own, personal, unique way.

Then they made him obsessed with knowing the unknowable.

But ultimately, he became bad during that vision from his mother where, if he dropped out of the race, he'd be with Lana, have Mr. Kent's respect etc. (interesting how he saw clark ending up with chloe...but I digress) but gives it all up for money and power when Lana dies due to him now having the money to save her.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Lex became a bad guy.

lex-luthor-hair-loss.jpg

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They STARTED him down that road (one of my favorite scenes is when he says that the "bad guy" in the Native American story...could be the hero).

THIS is where they started.

Then...season 5 happened. It's one of the big reasons why I hate it. Season 5 changed the entire face of smallville, but did it in the worst possible way.

They gave themselves a rewrite in the season finale (when they brought Lex back to life and he claimed to be the foil Clark needed)...but did they EVER have him act like that during the entire show?

never.

they showed him as someone who was misunderstood, but perceived teh world in his very own, personal, unique way.

Then they made him obsessed with knowing the unknowable.

But ultimately, he became bad during that vision from his mother where, if he dropped out of the race, he'd be with Lana, have Mr. Kent's respect etc. (interesting how he saw clark ending up with chloe...but I digress) but gives it all up for money and power when Lana dies due to him now having the money to save her.

Comparing Bruce wayne with Lex Luthor is very fun... i do think they are pretty much the same character... the 2 biggest differences is lex is willing to break the rules including murder, and 2, lex was much more power hungry and extreme...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Bruce wayne with Lex Luthor is very fun... i do think they are pretty much the same character... the 2 biggest differences is lex is willing to break the rules including murder, and 2, lex was much more power hungry and extreme...

Lex is almost a tragic hero. He's overrun by his own ambition for power and money.

In Smallville he also fights so hard to prove himself on his own, and that he's not his father, that he ends up becoming his father.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lex is almost a tragic hero. He's overrun by his own ambition for power and money.

In Smallville he also fights so hard to prove himself on his own, and that he's not his father, that he ends up becoming his father.

But was the smallville Lex luthor, the superman lex Luthor, if i remember correctly, they killed him off, but then dealt with all these clones...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But was the smallville Lex luthor, the superman lex Luthor, if i remember correctly, they killed him off, but then dealt with all these clones...

Yeah...that wasn't a bright spot of the show.

Before that is what I'm talking about though.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butch + Rocket Launcher = greatness

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butch + Rocket Launcher = greatness

walking off what did he say? See ya guys while waving like a kid? lol

Wonder if that spirit of Azrael ends up somehow getting into bruce, since it was supposedly immortal and apparently floating around looking for a host. Just the way Bruce watched him scale that building would make sense thats what gives the bat his agility, but since there is more good in bruce it forces him to come up with gadgets.

I know some will be disappointed Fish is returning, but it seems the doc cant break her. Sure hope Tabitha makes it, she was rocking some cleavage last night.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does azrael get super powers?

Strengths, agility etc.