• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gotham

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you guys: When did Matches Malone become the guy who killed Bruce Wayne's parents?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you guys: When did Matches Malone become the guy who killed Bruce Wayne's parents?
That tid bit has always been open to the story, hasnt it?

In Batman, it was Joker.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought it was Joker, or a member of the Red Hood Gang
I don't read the comics, but my understanding was that it had been hinted at a whole bunch of different people throughout the years and versions.

The Joker became "accepted" because of the Michael Keaton version.

I may be wrong, though.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a decent episode, Selena will make Bruce a man huh? Seems he is going to get a clearer picture of how these villians are coming about

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For anybody watching season 2, last night was one of the best episodes of the season, or even series. Nygma is really starting to take his Riddler form, especially the way he set Gordon up. I can't wait to see how Gordon gets his way out of this, if he can.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For anybody watching season 2, last night was one of the best episodes of the season, or even series. Nygma is really starting to take his Riddler form, especially the way he set Gordon up. I can't wait to see how Gordon gets his way out of this, if he can.

Well, he has to doesn't he?? unless they pull the Jimmy olsen move that smallville made...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, seeing as the show is a Jim Gordon origin story...

Yeah. He will get out of it.

Unless of course he has a twin brother also named James Gordon... Just like smallville did with Jimmy olsen...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BSG prequel series did that as well...

Well they have had Gordon break a lot of laws. Wouldn't be surprised if they even killed of Bruce Wayne and said he has a twin brother too the way he is best friends with cat woman and now poison ivy.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was just too fast though. The whole point was Jim was not even looking at Nygma as a suspect yet. Everything he did and said was as a coworker when he asked Nygma about her. Seems the only person to get him out of this would be Nygma himself since he will be bored without Gordon.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless of course he has a twin brother also named James Gordon... Just like smallville did with Jimmy olsen...

Ugh. Let's not talk about that. One of the lowest smallville moments.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really was not expecting Gordon to be in jail long, but was not expecting this. Pretty cool preview for next week with Bruce leaping across a block of rooftop.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really was not expecting Gordon to be in jail long, but was not expecting this. Pretty cool preview for next week with Bruce leaping across a block of rooftop.

Me neither, crazy way he got out, I wonder how he's gonna clear his name and eventually become the police commish?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only real complaint is how fast they moved with this episode. Gordon meets Puck, we instantly get Pucks backstory, Puck gets beaten badly, Puck inspires Gordon to never give up, Puck dies and Gordon will remember him forever. All in one episode! Seemed a little fucking fast, but I can forgive that since I'm sure the show has shit to do, can't spend a few episodes building up a fucking guy named Puck. Makes me wonder what the point of including that character at all was though, would have probably been more natural if Gordon found strength to continue within himself. A bit of an error on the writer's part there imo.

I don't read the comics, but my understanding was that it had been hinted at a whole bunch of different people throughout the years and versions.

The Joker became "accepted" because of the Michael Keaton version.

I may be wrong, though.

The way I see it, it's still open-ended. Malone didn't seem like he remembered anything about it at all, you'd think he'd remember killing the Waynes, you know, one of the richest and most famous families in Gotham? Plus, Bruce pretty much gave him all the info he needed about that night, Malone could have played along at that point and was probably just lying because he wanted someone to kill him. But, Bruce has given up on revenge so we may never know, or it might get brought back up again in a future episode.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck was point in faking his death if you can just walk back in, steal another prisoner and then walk back out?

It was cool til the tried to add more story to it.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only real complaint is how fast they moved with this episode. Gordon meets Puck, we instantly get Pucks backstory, Puck gets beaten badly, Puck inspires Gordon to never give up, Puck dies and Gordon will remember him forever. All in one episode! Seemed a little fucking fast, but I can forgive that since I'm sure the show has shit to do, can't spend a few episodes building up a fucking guy named Puck. Makes me wonder what the point of including that character at all was though, would have probably been more natural if Gordon found strength to continue within himself. A bit of an error on the writer's part there imo.

The way I see it, it's still open-ended. Malone didn't seem like he remembered anything about it at all, you'd think he'd remember killing the Waynes, you know, one of the richest and most famous families in Gotham? Plus, Bruce pretty much gave him all the info he needed about that night, Malone could have played along at that point and was probably just lying because he wanted someone to kill him. But, Bruce has given up on revenge so we may never know, or it might get brought back up again in a future episode.
I do agree on the pace. The same pace these villians are being dropped so quickly. Now if it gets to the point where bruce wayne finally grows up and Dr Strange starts un freezing these villians then maybe it could make sense, but its usually two or three episodes and the story changes. I thought they would have been able to focus on Bruce and Kittygirl for an episode or two making us think Gordon is rotting away in prison during that time.