• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gosh Bernie is an id*ot --Williams article

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Bernie's blood sugar must be really low because he's finally out of twinkies.

2) He has nothing to really report on, is bored, and instead of dogging Pete Carroll, he must have went with coach Fisher, because Jeff probably didn't return his phone call within 24-48 hours to explain why he made this decision.

3) He really sounds like a bitter, old lady that needs the dust blown off that pussy. :whistle:

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just frustrates me that guys like Bernie get to voice their opinions on such a large scale because there are a lot of people who blindly follow the media's word.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the points on this thread. Bernie never played a down of football and basically runs his mouth to compensate for his insecurities about the game. Stupid punk ought to be bitch-slapped until he doesn't know what day it is!

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does bring up two valid points though. The Rams don't need any more "attitude" penalties, and Fisher should have fired Shottenheimer along with Walton.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha!

This article is such a joke and only written to promote controversy.

Guys like Bernie live for situations like these.

I love how he says Jeff Fisher has had 5 coordinators in 2 1/2 years. :lol:

First of all, Jeff has only had two seasons as the Head Coach of the Rams so that's two years.

Second, this dude counts Gregg Williams 2x when he was removed from the NFL two seasons ago. Still Jeff Fisher and the Rams had no say in the matter and to date Williams Sr. has yet to be hired by the Rams. :lol:

Then he counts Rob Ryan who was never hired too!:laugh3: Why don't we just count everyone who was interviewed for the Rams DC job and make that number 15 in 3 years! :lol:

Okay, now we are down to just Jr and Walton.

Jr was never a DC, we were under a 'Defense Coordinator by Committee' for the 2012 season so now we have just Walton in the last two years.

So it's just one DC in two seasons, not 5 DC's in 2 1/2 years.

Furthermore the fact that we gave a young and up coming defensive guy a shot to me says we were expecting 'Gregg Williams' to be available for the 2014 season IMO and we would be in a good position for Williams Sr. if Walton didn't pan out.

What's wrong with that?

I'm sure Walton knew the stakes.
So one DC in two years, using pretty simple math IMO, semantics aside. :lol:

Oh and I'm not a Brian Shotts fan at all but given the DC I'm not too mad we're keeping the dude. He makes good half time adjustments and he will do well with a run first, defense minded team who is led by a game manager type QB who can execute in the red zone. (I know you haters will love that one!:laugh3:)

Last edited by a moderator:

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...I wonder how long it took him to go through all the machinations required to spin the D-coord situation into what he painted it to be...I'm guessing that given another day or so, the final numbers would have been something in the neighborhood of the Rams having 42 D-coord in 3 days...He really made himself look silly IMO with this piece of fluff...Moving on from that, I really like Williams moving into the position...I'm pretty sure he must have gotten all the drama shit out of his system with the bounty-gate thing... There can be no doubt that he's good at what he does...I'm sure Walton did the best he could, but style points don't keep you in work very long...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be glad to see that insanely stupid 100-yard prevent defense gone where we had the D-backfield playing off the receivers nearly 20 yards, especially the safeties, and there was that huge hole behind the linebackers that teams would dump somebody into on a pass play and march right down the field.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be glad to see that insanely stupid 100-yard prevent defense gone where we had the D-backfield playing off the receivers nearly 20 yards, especially the safeties, and there was that huge hole behind the linebackers that teams would dump somebody into on a pass play and march right down the field.

Agree with that..Doubly troubling to me was the fact that for all the 10-15 yard cushions they used, they still got beaten over the top way too often...How much worse could it have been to play a lot more press coverage ???

Blazer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team that uses a prevent D might as well just carry tampons on the field ! just a bunch of well you get the drift .

Blazer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Retro I HATE Prevent D ! With a passion!

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we all should. Madden said it best, "only thing that prevent Defense does, is prevent you from winning the game."