• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodwin's replacement arrested

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know walking along the sidewalk drunk was a problem. If that's the case, I would've been arrested so many times while walking home from a bar! Still, this is not what the niners need after the whole Aldon situation.

49ers guard Daniel Kilgore arrested for public intoxication | ProFootballTalk

Yes, you can be arrested for public intoxication. I have watched them do it on the show Cops before, LOL. From what I watched, unless someone is falling down drunk, they usually happens when someone is belligerent or failing to cooperate with law enforcement.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a lot more to the story than in the paper. My guess is that he did something to drawl attention to himself. Never understood drunks that would act that dumb leaving bars. Shut up, get in a cab or walk home without being an idiot. If a cop does talk to you, yes sir, no sir ext.. Might of been a cop that didn't like the niners, or maybe he pulled the "do you know who I am" card. Too much left to speculate.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If that's all there is to it, it's unlikely to even result in charges. This sort of crime is rarely charged unless it's a repeat offender or there's additional criminal activity.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Could be a lot more to the story than in the paper. My guess is that he did something to drawl attention to himself. Never understood drunks that would act that dumb leaving bars. Shut up, get in a cab or walk home without being an idiot. If a cop does talk to you, yes sir, no sir ext.. Might of been a cop that didn't like the niners, or maybe he pulled the "do you know who I am" card. Too much left to speculate.

Hahahahaha. I'd love to see the cop's reaction to that. "Ummmmm...no."

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's all there is to it, it's unlikely to even result in charges. This sort of crime is rarely charged unless it's a repeat offender or there's additional criminal activity.

It's actually used a lot as a catch all for idiots that have had to much to drink and don't listen. People want to argue when told to find a safe way home. Theorectically if a cop comes in contact with a drunk that is stumbling home and he doesn't make sure he gets home safely he can be held liable. Whether he calls him a cab or lets him call a friend, gives him a ride, or arrests him those are the best options. But letting him walk leaves the possibility of him being hit when he stumbles into the road or him getting in a car to drive, which can result in lawsuits..

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
NFL player arrested in Kingsport | Johnson City Press

"Lane stopped to speak with both males and he stated in his report he could smell a strong odor of alcohol. He stated both men also had red eyes and dilated pupils."

Seems pretty benign to me. If they had acted belligerent or were falling down, I'm sure the cop would have mentioned that in the report.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's actually used a lot as a catch all for idiots that have had to much to drink and don't listen. People want to argue when told to find a safe way home. Theorectically if a cop comes in contact with a drunk that is stumbling home and he doesn't make sure he gets home safely he can be held liable. Whether he calls him a cab or lets him call a friend, gives him a ride, or arrests him those are the best options. But letting him walk leaves the possibility of him being hit when he stumbles into the road or him getting in a car to drive, which can result in lawsuits..

Sure, there are plenty of arrests for it. It just isn't charged very often. At least in the areas of CA I'm familiar with. Could depend on the caliber of crime in the county he was in.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knows that people go overboard sometimes in their disdain for DUIs or those who get them. But I am glad that he was walking not driving. But yes, get a cab.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, there are plenty of arrests for it. It just isn't charged very often. At least in the areas of CA I'm familiar with. Could depend on the caliber of crime in the county he was in.

Gotcha. Where I am from it's a non jail able offense. Which means you get put in the drunk tank for about 8 hours then released. At the court date it's only $25 fine plus court cost if you prepay. Most people prepay or don't show up and are found guilty in their absence, but no more jail can be given on that charge alone. That obviously isn't CA.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. Where I am from it's a non jail able offense. Which means you get put in the drunk tank for about 8 hours then released. At the court date it's only $25 fine plus court cost if you prepay. Most people prepay or don't show up and are found guilty in their absence, but no more jail can be given on that charge alone. That obviously isn't CA.

I have also seen judges sentence a person to the time already spent in jail. That way it goes on his record as a guilty conviction enough to send a message but does not keep him longer. And there are variances where you can do something like that without putting it on his permanent record. Most common one is a plea in abeyance, which basically says that you're pleading guilty if you do it again (would be charge for the prior and current) within a period of time but if not it's dropped. It is done this way for a couple reasons. One is to lighten the penalty. One is to encourage good behavior. Another is to avoid the trial. Also, the plea is automatic if you do it again, as you cannot challenge the prior one if you're charged again. Sometimes the terms of the agreement does not mean a violation is the same offense, it could be a similar one.

If one is an immigrant, though, they have to be careful about taking this deal. Because for the immigration department, this is considered a conviction. It's only considered a non-conviction when you meet the conditions of the agreement. Often, that means six months or a year without a similar incident. However, by that time, the immigration department has grounds to kick you out. So, sometimes, your only choice is to fight the charge, even if you know you're guilty. Then, hope that there is enough leverage/leniency on your side to get them to drop the charges. This is complicated, because if you say you didn't do it then it's hard to show remorse, and remorse is something that may give you leniency. This is why you have to take appointed lawyer.

Sometimes, you can demonstrate that it is possible to learn a lesson without being charged. Without admitting fault, you can say that you learned to not do such and such. They might know what you mean and know the consequences are stronger for you than for a citizen, and thus, turn the other cheek. Of course, on the other hand, they may feel that the offense you're being charged with is the very reason why the immigration department wants to send these people back. It depends on what is charged.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know walking along the sidewalk drunk was a problem. If that's the case, I would've been arrested so many times while walking home from a bar! Still, this is not what the niners need after the whole Aldon situation.

49ers guard Daniel Kilgore arrested for public intoxication | ProFootballTalk

I thought they wanted you to walk home instead of drive if you are drunk. A decent cop would have just given them a ride home.........unless they were belligerant or something.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Appears pretty harmless to me as long as he wasn't overly belligerant or anything.

And at least he was walking and not driving.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they wanted you to walk home instead of drive if you are drunk. A decent cop would have just given them a ride home.........unless they were belligerant or something.

I would think he had to have been belligerent. Then again, it's the cops so who knows?

Our laws about drinking and driving are all kinds of fucked. I don't want people to drive drunk either. But if they want to sleep it off in their car or walk home I'm totally cool with that (although I could see some issues with letting them walk home if they are so drunk that they are walking into traffic or something).

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it would be something equivilant to a traffic ticket