• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell to appeal

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Just move on. please. at this point who fucking cares? NFL wanted to be serious about this they would have done something immediately afterwards before the SB. Instead, Patriots won the SB and that's that. Who cares now. Its a new season.

End this political bullshit of the NFL and lets just play football.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Just move on. please. at this point who fucking cares? NFL wanted to be serious about this they would have done something immediately afterwards before the SB. Instead, Patriots won the SB and that's that. Who cares now. Its a new season.

End this political bullshit of the NFL and lets just play football.
They can't just move on.

This is about power and has been for some time. The NFL front office can't let this go any more than the NFLPA could have if it was ruled the other way.

This decision leaves the CBA very much in doubt in terms of who has the power to hand out punishment. It's nearly going to be impossible for Goodell to function after this ruling without everything going to court. The owners aren't going to be happy with the fallout. They have to appeal this and fight hard.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't just move on.

Don't exaggerate, you know that several Pats fans have been honest, clean, and straight throughout this dumb affair. We're not all in the same bucket.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't exaggerate, you know that several Pats fans have been honest, clean, and straight throughout this dumb affair. We're not all in the same bucket.
Wait? I was saying the NFL front office can't just move on after this defeat. Did I miss the point of this thread?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait? I was saying the NFL front office can't just move on after this defeat. Did I miss the point of this thread?

Not at all, I've commended your hogwash several times in this thread.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't just move on.

This is about power and has been for some time. The NFL front office can't let this go any more than the NFLPA could have if it was ruled the other way.

This decision leaves the CBA very much in doubt in terms of who has the power to hand out punishment. It's nearly going to be impossible for Goodell to function after this ruling without everything going to court. The owners aren't going to be happy with the fallout. They have to appeal this and fight hard.
I don't think that much changed. It certainley reinforces that even the commish must follow the rules set in the CBA and by laws. Article 46 doesn't give him carte blanche. If he had made Pash available, chose a reasonable punishment, and followed the judges direction of trying to settle I honestly think this would've had a different result. He can still discipline players within the legal parameters.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should clothe Goodell in a hood and bring him to the masses, on the Streets, let's see what they think about that plump lazy executive. If they took Brady to a mob, he'd convince them of anything, he would become the Lord of the masses. Tom is a leader. Goodell is a follower. Oh, what a perfect mess.

:lm:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that much changed. It certainley reinforces that even the commish must follow the rules set in the CBA and by laws. Article 46 doesn't give him carte blanche. If he had made Pash available, chose a reasonable punishment, and followed the judges direction of trying to settle I honestly think this would've had a different result. He can still discipline players within the legal parameters.
I agree entirely in your assessment. The fact remains that Brady is not guilty and it is fortunate for him that Goodell overstepped the bounds. If not, Goodell would have won on a technicality.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish Goodell would throw in the towel here. I can't see the court seeing this case doing the season, ad it would be unfair to Brady and Tha Pats. There's a good possibility Brady retires after this season meaning Goodell will be suspending a retired player.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree entirely in your assessment. The fact remains that Brady is not guilty and it is fortunate for him that Goodell overstepped the bounds. If not, Goodell would have won on a technicality.

Well I fir one still think Brady had his part in the deflation, but NE fans can claim his innocence on a technicality.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I fir one still think Brady had his part in the deflation, but NE fans can claim his innocence on a technicality.
For the record, very few NE fans think that Brady was innocent. I am one of the few that believe he was not guilty.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh oh, maybe a chink in the Goodell armor?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about to protect the 'integrity of the game' you dont give a woman beater 2 games, a pot smoker a whole year, and a ball 'slightly' inflater four games?

What a crock of shit.

obviously meant 'deflater' but whatever. You get the gist.

and just let me repeat, I dont like the Patriots, or Belicheck or Brady. Arbitrary rulings for 'on high' are stupid, reminds of the funny movies with idiotic/moronic dictators.