• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell to appeal

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh joy. The follies will continue. Yay us.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest practical impact of Berman's ruling is that Brady will be able to face to the Cowboys in Week 4. Screw justice, truth and anything else. :)

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more money for brady's small balls .

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way they'd get one. They'd have do demonstrate that they'd somehow be irreparably harmed. They can't. (Of course, if it were Brady on the losing end of things, he may be able to show that he would irreparably harmed.) And if they did get a stay and Brady had to serve his suspension now before the appeal was decided, the appeal would basically become moot. Indeed, what's the use in overturning a suspension that's already been served?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest practical impact of Berman's ruling is that Brady will be able to face to the Cowboys in Week 4. Screw justice, truth and anything else. :)
hell by then the pats fans may be running tom brady out of town . with a bad start 1-2 and they will turn .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they'd get one. They'd have do demonstrate that they'd somehow be irreparably harmed. They can't. (Of course, if it were Brady on the losing end of things, he may be able to show that he would irreparably harmed.) And if they did get a stay and Brady had to serve his suspension now before the appeal was decided, the appeal would basically become moot. Indeed, what's the use in overturning a suspension that's already been served?
pay checks

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"slap in the face to NFL"

"this is a huge blow to the commissioners power"

headlines im reading on ESPN and others

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't matter if they appeal. Appeals fail more often than they win by an overwhelming margin.

If Goodell is looking to get even he'll have to come up with something creative. And since that seems unlikely I'd say this will end the deflategate saga and we'll all just move on until some other shiny object grabs our attention. My biggest concern is what Rock is going to do with all his new found free time now that this is over?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't matter if they appeal. Appeals fail more often than they win by an overwhelming margin.

If Goodell is looking to get even he'll have to come up with something creative. And since that seems unlikely I'd say this will end the deflategate saga and we'll all just move on until some other shiny object grabs our attention. My biggest concern is what Rock is going to do with all his new found free time now that this is over?
He'll probablly just antagonize Hammer. That will keep him plenty busy.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hardy is thinking of pulling a brady !!!!

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine Goodell is ok with Berman hearing the appeal. lol

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's really rare is today's ruling by Judge Berman. Courts seldom vacate decisions by arbitrators, which is something that Berman acknowledged early on in his decision. The Court of Appeal will review Berman's decision de novo and it's anyone's guess as to whether they'll do.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hardy is thinking of pulling a brady !!!!

Hardy's case is much different than Brady's. It's much closer to the Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson rulings issued by Goodell that were cited favorably by Judge Berman. I don't know about the specifics of Hardy's discipline, but if they were anything like Rice and Peterson, he'd better not hold his breath.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really rare is today's ruling by Judge Berman. Courts seldom vacate decisions by arbitrators, which is something that Berman acknowledged early on in his decision. The Court of Appeal will review Berman's decision de novo and it's anyone's guess as to whether they'll do.

pretty sure berman over stepped on that . the thing is the notice thing that may hold up .

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Killer for the NFL is that Goodell and the league VIOLATED Article 46, the one article they thought they had Brady by the balls. It states specifically that all personnel associated or connected to any investigation must be made available to opposing attorneys. Goodell would not allow the NFLPA or Kessler to depose Jeff Pash, NFL attorney who was the first person to review the Wells Report and the attorney that said that Mike Kensil and his groupies could go to Foxboro and run the 'sting' operation. Berman stated that the league violated the CBA...........that alone will get the case tossed from the appeal.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure berman over stepped on that . the thing is the notice thing that may hold up .

And the other big thing is not making Pash available in the appeal? Why? Very suspicious.

From what I have read, Berman is a very respected judged in his circuit's court of appeals. Goodell is trying to save face, but that opportunity has long passed.

This clown will probably take this to the Supreme Court.