• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell says Hard Knocks for everyone?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell wants NFL teams to view Hard Knocks as ?shared obligation? | ProFootballTalk

Judging by his hardon to always send the 49ers to London... they are right up at the top of his list to be forced into this bullshit too.

In my opinion if they are going to force this on anyone it should go down like this... as always they search for people who want to do it... and if nobody wants it then they dump it on the team that just won the Super Bowl. That team already has massive amounts of distractions so.. what is one more? Plus, that way it can't be viewed as a negative like it has been for the Cowboys and Jets, and ultimately a curse.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that. If no one agrees to do it, don't do it. Goodell is a shitty commissioner and this just emphasizes it.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my first thought is fuck that, don't force it on anyone... but Goodell doesn't give a fuck and he's going to do what he wants to do. So, that was my reasoning behind the dumping it on the champs if nobody else wants it.... of everyone, it hurts them the least.

It won't be that way though, the NFL wants to dump it on the up and coming and with any luck they actually win the Super Bowl. They want to force the hyped team into more hype.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Super Bowl or a legitimately balanced rotation would be the two best ways to do it if they did so, but I hate goodell for even implying anyone could be pressured into it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or a lottery. You could even slightly weight it so winners were more likely to have to deal with it if you wanted to.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if Goodell forced Bill Belichick and the Patriots to do Hard Knocks...

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't pretend I'd miss an episode. But it would be bullshit still.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger Goodell is full of shit... shared obligation?? Then why the Fuck have the 49ers played in Mexico City, London... and yet another London trip this year... when so many other teams haven't even played a single game outside of the U.S.

That is 9 international games... and 3 of them included the 49ers... shared obligation my ass.

As a Pats fan, you're not far behind with 2 out of 9. Which is exceedingly higher than 1 out of 32.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Kraft volunteered for that, so I don't have grounds to be upset.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but I still think those international games shows how Goodell really feels about shared obligations. He clearly doesn't give a shit.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know your ownership's opinion on them? Clearly it's rough on the fans and a challenge for the coaches/players, but I think hard knocks has much more negative potential, and a lot of the out of country games have been on some voluntary basis.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Roger Goodell is full of shit... shared obligation?? Then why the Fuck have the 49ers played in Mexico City, London... and yet another London trip this year... when so many other teams haven't even played a single game outside of the U.S.

That is 9 international games... and 3 of them included the 49ers... shared obligation my ass.

As a Pats fan, you're not far behind with 2 out of 9. Which is exceedingly higher than 1 out of 32.

I believe the Niners volunteered for this one. Apparently the league wants to have everyone play in London over the next X years and York wanted to ensure the Niners got theirs in before the new stadium opened and risk losing a home game in the zipper.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the Niners volunteered for this one. Apparently the league wants to have everyone play in London over the next X years and York wanted to ensure the Niners got theirs in before the new stadium opened and risk losing a home game in the zipper.

Ha, more than likely voluntold. The Jaguars home schedule is... Chiefs, Colts, Chargers, 49ers, Cardinals, Houston, Buffalo, Tennessee. Of all those teams only the 49ers and Houston represent a solid contender and a good representation of the NFL's greatness if you're trying to get your foot into a market. And guess what, the 49ers proved oddly popular in the 2010 trip to London. So here we are... the NFL doing what it does best... giving its fans what they want.

Jed's just being a team player... because he knows what happens when you don't play ball. You just have to look across the bay and see how the NFL treats Oakland after Al tried to stand up against the machine.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You just have to look across the bay and see how the NFL treats Oakland after Al tried to stand up against the machine.

I don't know that I would call Al Davis a champion of anything noble. The guy sued every other person on planet earth & ran his franchise into the ground.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that I would call Al Davis a champion of anything noble. The guy sued every other person on planet earth & ran his franchise into the ground.

He's the sole reason I haven't been into NFL football in the last 15 years...:doh:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

2 out of 18 as there are two teams in each game, but point taken. I do think the niners like building an international fan base. You get to anticipate your bye seek, and a direct flight from sfo to London isn't that much further than to nyc.

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Goodell wants NFL teams to view Hard Knocks as ?shared obligation? | ProFootballTalk

Judging by his hardon to always send the 49ers to London... they are right up at the top of his list to be forced into this bullshit too.

In my opinion if they are going to force this on anyone it should go down like this... as always they search for people who want to do it... and if nobody wants it then they dump it on the team that just won the Super Bowl. That team already has massive amounts of distractions so.. what is one more? Plus, that way it can't be viewed as a negative like it has been for the Cowboys and Jets, and ultimately a curse.

The article didn't sound as if he would impose his autority in that manner (forcing teams to do it). To me it sounded more like a memo of encouragement. Anyway, your idea seems pretty good in terms of dumping it on the SB winning team, however I think a simple lottery (commish pulls your team's name out of a hat) situation would be best IMO.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Or a lottery. You could even slightly weight it so winners were more likely to have to deal with it if you wanted to.

Yes. I just got done saying that.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB would never allow hard knocks to happen when he's the coach. Kraft probably would.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article didn't sound as if he would impose his autority in that manner (forcing teams to do it). To me it sounded more like a memo of encouragement. Anyway, your idea seems pretty good in terms of dumping it on the SB winning team, however I think a simple lottery (commish pulls your team's name out of a hat) situation would be best IMO.

The best would be allow teams to choose to do it, and when it runs its course, let it die.