• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell says Hard Knocks for everyone?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that I would call Al Davis a champion of anything noble. The guy sued every other person on planet earth & ran his franchise into the ground.

I wasn't, I just used him as an example of what happens to a team when their owner goes against the NFL. I won't pretend for a second that Crazy Al's own antics didn't play a major role in Oakland's decline... but the NFL has done its fair share to prevent their success as well, both on the field and off.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The best would be allow teams to choose to do it, and when it runs its course, let it die.

You may not be interested in that show, but a lot of football nuts are. Are you kidding me, anything NFL related to the NFL, would never die (with the exception of the pro bowl game)! Don't you recall what happened to the HBO executives who tried to terminate that "Inside the NFL" show. There was almost a Rodney Kind like riot when that show ended. :lm:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Roger Goodell is full of shit... shared obligation?? Then why the Fuck have the 49ers played in Mexico City, London... and yet another London trip this year... when so many other teams haven't even played a single game outside of the U.S.

That is 9 international games... and 3 of them included the 49ers... shared obligation my ass.

As a Pats fan, you're not far behind with 2 out of 9. Which is exceedingly higher than 1 out of 32.

John York is chairman of the NFL's international committee so it's more likely they choose to go rather than the NFL forcing them

Also Kraft has been a big proponent for having a team in London so it's likely no accident the Pats wind up there as well.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
My thoughts with Hard Knocks is do it by division so every team in the division has the same annoyance to deal with and you can spread out the pain within the teams so maybe each team deals with it a week.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article didn't sound as if he would impose his autority in that manner (forcing teams to do it). To me it sounded more like a memo of encouragement. Anyway, your idea seems pretty good in terms of dumping it on the SB winning team, however I think a simple lottery (commish pulls your team's name out of a hat) situation would be best IMO.

A lottery would be OK too, but I'd assume they would need to go from 32 teams the first year to 31 teams the next and so on to make sure one team doesn't end up doing it say twice in 5 years on some bad luck of the draw.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may not be interested in that show, but a lot of football nuts are. Are you kidding me, anything NFL related to the NFL, would never die (with the exception of the pro bowl game)! Don't you recall what happened to the HBO executives who tried to terminate that "Inside the NFL" show. There was almost a Rodney Kind like riot when that show ended. :lm:

I would love to watch the show done on a well run team, but it is not acceptable to me to force it on anyone. If no one volunteers, it dies.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lottery would be OK too, but I'd assume they would need to go from 32 teams the first year to 31 teams the next and so on to make sure one team doesn't end up doing it say twice in 5 years on some bad luck of the draw.

If you do a lottery do a full lottery. If you do it five years in a row shit happens.

Again, entirely against forcing it on a team under any circumstances though.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts with Hard Knocks is do it by division so every team in the division has the same annoyance to deal with and you can spread out the pain within the teams so maybe each team deals with it a week.

Yeah I like this idea. Each team in the division gets 2 weeks or something and each episode you can see what 4 teams are doing and get all the best dramatic stuff. I think that would make the series more interesting.