• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hard Knocks

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One week out from episode 1. Anything you guys are excited to see?

I never in the past wanted to see our team on this show, but this team I'm actually curious. I said last year (I think) that coach knee biter was complete boom or bust. He would either come across as a complete joke or the kind of guy players would run through a wall for. From what we've seen last year it appears they're ready to run through walls, but I just want to see their reactions in the moment. Is everyone really buying in, or is there a couple guys in back rolling their eyes?

What else do you guys got? I've heard over and over that Jamaal Williams is one of the best Twitter follows in the NFL and that the dude is just hilarious. But I don't Twitter. I don't care about anything else, the name is just too stupid for me to take it seriously. Even after all these years I'm not changing my mind. But now I can finally see the guy and see what he's all about. Big he's really that good they'll put him on camera.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see guys motivated and working hard no matter what. Winning would be nice too.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be the first time I’ve ever watched an entire episode.

Id set the DVR, but assuming it will be on Max too.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will try to find it on one of my apps or on the web.
I loved it.

Campbell has officially moved ahead of Cocaine Wayne for my favorite Lions HC all time.

And Jamaal Williams has shot up my power rankings.

HBO Max isn’t much a month if you can’t pirate that shit.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 2 was great. Even better than Episode 1.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 2 was great. Even better than Episode 1.
It hammered home that Lions believing in Rodriguez is not media hype. It is seeming more likely than not that he will be week 1 starter. Would be awesome if he turned out to be a gem.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hammered home that Lions believing in Rodriguez is not media hype. It is seeming more likely than not that he will be week 1 starter. Would be awesome if he turned out to be a gem.

Agree. On the negative side, it affirmed my concerns over Swift. Folks have overrated him here, for some reason. He's not the one.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. On the negative side, it affirmed my concerns over Swift. Folks have overrated him here, for some reason. He's not the one.
It seems like we properly evaluated his talent, but overvalued his desire to be that guy.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the negative side, it affirmed my concerns over Swift. Folks have overrated him here, for some reason. He's not the one.

Swift will never become "The Guy - Workhorse at RB" but he's one hell of a receiving back and pretty damn good as an outside zone runner and that's most likely his limit

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swift will never become "The Guy - Workhorse at RB" but he's one hell of a receiving back and pretty damn good as an outside zone runner and that's most likely his limit
That is why we have Williams. They make a perfect combo.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have to watch the second episode yet. First was pretty good.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why we have Williams. They make a perfect combo.

And that is why you don't draft primarily a 3rd down back - Swift - in the 2nd round unless you already have a bell cow RB, and your roster is fairly set elsewhere even though it was the last regime who is liable for that snafu right along with the Kerryon Johnson draft in the 2nd round.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is why you don't draft primarily a 3rd down back - Swift - in the 2nd round unless you already have a bell cow RB, and your roster is fairly set elsewhere even though it was the last regime who is liable for that snafu right along with the Kerryon Johnson draft in the 2nd round.
He will get better running inside too but I doubt he will be a goal line back.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will get better running inside too but I doubt he will be a goal line back.

I hope you're right, but I cannot see much improvement from him even with what we're expecting from the OL this year. Sometimes an RB has muscle memory and will almost always run to the outside versus being patient enough for an inside lane to open up. IDK

His running style even at Georgia was to jump-cut to the outside unless a clear inside lane was visible.

I don't regret the drafting of Swift; I simply wish he had more patience to stay inside in certain situations.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I watched Hard Knocks tonight with my mother. Even in my 40's I was embarrassed and reaching for the remote to turn the volume down. My God that's a lot of swear words packed into a 1 hour show.

2. Duce Staley cracks me up. The reaction he had when tasting the gatorade literally had me laugh out loud.

3. The fact our offense eats our defense alive in practice has me worried. The fact our offense couldn't do shit in the game against Pittsburgh has me more worried. Put them together has me most worried.

4. Holy fucking shit is HBO and the Hard Knocks crew good at their job. For a second there I actually got excited about David Blegh! getting the backup QB spot.