• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell made $29.5M in 2011

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yoshimario.png

It's funny we're talking about video games because I actually derived my handle from a game I used to love playing back in the day (and leading people to mistaken me for being Japanese) :laugh3:

Tekken+Tag+-+Yoshimitsu.jpg

YOSHIMITSU

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are the same one we all saw beating up on Paul Phoenix on the ESPN forums? Just making sure I don't confuse identities.

I never commented on the ESPN forums and I definitely don't know who Paul Phoenix was. I think you're confusing me with other regulars who routinely posted on the regular ESPN forums, because there were quite a few of them. :what:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, how's Sactown holding up these days? I haven't been there in like 10 years.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Paul Phoenix from Tekken??? Maybe it was too long ago. I never really played video games very much either. I watched a lot of video game playing in my family, but I never really got into it by myself. I mae an exception for the Final Fantasy series on Super Nintendo. It was corny & fun (and spoony; 10 points if you get the reference) like a lot of Japanese entertainment.

Btw, how's Sactown holding up these days? I haven't been there in like 10 years.

I'm a little biased because I can't stand Crapramento, but nothing has really changed. It's a mixture of a bunch of state workers & drug addicts asking you for money every other block. It does have a few decent places to go dancing though, which is nice for those of us who like to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never commented on the ESPN forums and I definitely don't know who Paul Phoenix was. I think you're confusing me with other regulars who routinely posted on the regular ESPN forums, because there were quite a few of them. :what:

But you said you did, here. http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/2794246-post38.html

? I thought I remembered you, but that was obviously the other Yoshi on that board? I'm confused. Were you a lurker who rarely posted and I just don't know you?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you said you did, here. http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/2794246-post38.html

? I thought I remembered you, but that was obviously the other Yoshi on that board? I'm confused. Were you a lurker who rarely posted and I just don't know you?

When Sick made reference to the ESPN forums, I was thinking about the general board as opposed to the 49ers forum - I would see some of us posting on the general board in addition to the 49ers forum. As for myself, I pretty much commented on the Giants, and Sharks threads, along with the Arsenal Gunners (because I didn't believe there was a Barcelona thread).

This is the same Yoshi from the ESPN boards since 2000.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Sick made reference to the ESPN forums, I was thinking about the general board as opposed to the 49ers forum - I would see some of us posting on the general board in addition to the 49ers forum. As for myself, I pretty much commented on the Giants, and Sharks threads, along with the Arsenal Gunners (because I didn't believe there was a Barcelona thread).

This is the same Yoshi from the ESPN boards since 2000.

Ohhhh. I got it. Thanks for the clarification. So I do know you. I thought when you said you didn't post and he confused someone else for you, that someone else had the Yoshi name. And then remembered the post I linked and I knew I was missing something.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In the big picture, its just ridiculous. The NFL charges exorbitant prices for tickets, runs an absurd number of commercials during events, plays hardball with cable and satellite providers to force them to pay huge for the NFL Network, plays hardball with the refs over a few thousand dollars each.....so we can see Goodell paid $10s of millions a year. Of course, he talked a lot about taking pay cuts a few years back or taking no salary during the lockout.....probably didn't count on his mega-salary and bonuses made public on the other end.

Its greed on the level of the greediest corporations, sucking every dollar it can out of the customer so they can make themselves absurdly rich. When is enough enough? And even at that, for a well-run team to put a good product on the field, then charge what they can for tickets, I can understand that supply/demand effect. But Goodell is just some guy in a suit who makes stupid decisions regularly. I love the sport, but the immense greed really makes me dislike the league.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the big picture, its just ridiculous. The NFL charges exorbitant prices for tickets, runs an absurd number of commercials during events, plays hardball with cable and satellite providers to force them to pay huge for the NFL Network, plays hardball with the refs over a few thousand dollars each.....so we can see Goodell paid $10s of millions a year. Of course, he talked a lot about taking pay cuts a few years back or taking no salary during the lockout.....probably didn't count on his mega-salary and bonuses made public on the other end.

Its greed on the level of the greediest corporations, sucking every dollar it can out of the customer so they can make themselves absurdly rich. When is enough enough? And even at that, for a well-run team to put a good product on the field, then charge what they can for tickets, I can understand that supply/demand effect. But Goodell is just some guy in a suit who makes stupid decisions regularly. I love the sport, but the immense greed really makes me dislike the league.

Beautifully said. The asshole doesn't deserve a fraction of that salary. Its hard to screw up the NFL, but this clown is really trying hard.

As far as greed goes, his want to venture across the Atlantic to put a team in the UK is the epitome of that. They dont give a fuck about the players.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When all the money has been transferred of course.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Phoenix from Tekken??? Maybe it was too long ago. I never really played video games very much either. I watched a lot of video game playing in my family, but I never really got into it by myself. I mae an exception for the Final Fantasy series on Super Nintendo. It was corny & fun (and spoony; 10 points if you get the reference) like a lot of Japanese entertainment.

I'm a little biased because I can't stand Crapramento, but nothing has really changed. It's a mixture of a bunch of state workers & drug addicts asking you for money every other block. It does have a few decent places to go dancing though, which is nice for those of us who like to do that.

I worked in an arcade when the Tekken franchise launched. I was an animal with Paul and Kazuya. I used to love when guys would come in, mash the buttons and talk shit to the little kid who just lost his last two quarters. I'd stomp guys so badly, I'd ask them if they wanted to pick my character for me on the next go around.

I probably wasn't good for business. There was a point where I knew every ten-hit combo for everybody (wasn't particularly good with King's chain throws).

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's Goodell's 54th birthday today.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Goodell's 54th birthday today.

I wonder if he could still play in the NBA.

Just kidding, I was as tired as NinerSickness was over the MJ talk about him being 50.