• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodbye ESPN forums!

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With their demise a few weeks away I figured I would take a few moments to reflect on the 2 reasons I'm a little bummed they are going to be no more.

1 - I met my gf of 6+ years on the FFB board there. :-) Meeting ones future gf on a FFB message board, who'd of thunk it possible! ;-)

2 - They were once what SH is now. A great place to meet like minded people and discuss all things NFL in general and Niners specifically, in my case at least. They are but a shadow of their former selves which tempers my disappointment.

Goodbye ESPN boards, Long Live SportsHoopla!! :suds:

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Effective July 17, ESPN will be shutting down forums permanently. We hope you will move your communities to our game conversations, blogs and stories. A Facebook account will be required to post comments on new articles."

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Effective July 17, ESPN will be shutting down forums permanently. We hope you will move your communities to our game conversations, blogs and stories. A Facebook account will be required to post comments on new articles."

Ugh. I hate how so many websites force feed users to use facebook accounts to gain access or post comments.

Back on to the ESPN forums, tho, I knew they were not long for this world once ESPN started hiding the links to the boards.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With their demise a few weeks away I figured I would take a few moments to reflect on the 2 reasons I'm a little bummed they are going to be no more.

1 - I met my gf of 6+ years on the FFB board there. :-) Meeting ones future gf on a FFB message board, who'd of thunk it possible! ;-)

2 - They were once what SH is now. A great place to meet like minded people and discuss all things NFL in general and Niners specifically, in my case at least. They are but a shadow of their former selves which tempers my disappointment.

Goodbye ESPN boards, Long Live SportsHoopla!! :suds:

Good to see another ESPN refugee and 49er fan.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello to all. I posted on ESPN for about a month .I originally come from NFL.com where I had been posting for many years before they shut everything down. I haven't seen anyone I know yet on this site ,but I have seen some of the Hawk trolls who lived on the 9er's board on ESPN here. I hope this site is different.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello to all. I posted on ESPN for about a month .I originally come from NFL.com where I had been posting for many years before they shut everything down. I haven't seen anyone I know yet on this site ,but I have seen some of the Hawk trolls who lived on the 9er's board on ESPN here. I hope this site is different.

Darken, I was at ESPN as are most of the people on the site. Many of the long time ESPN posters came here when the ESPN forums went to crap. This site is moderated and those trolls will get banned if they start that crap here.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darken, I was at ESPN as are most of the people on the site. Many of the long time ESPN posters came here when the ESPN forums went to crap. This site is moderated and those trolls will get banned if they start that crap here.

That is good to here. Looking forward to some actual football conversation and not fighting off trolls!
:suds:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is good to here. Looking forward to some actual football conversation and not fighting off trolls!
:suds:

I went over at ESPN this morning. I am a Warriors fan and the Warriors forum at ESPN is still really good. I checked the Niners board and some of the same trolling is still going on, LOL. I guess they are going to go down trolling with the ship when it sinks on July 17th, LOL

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went over at ESPN this morning. I am a Warriors fan and the Warriors forum at ESPN is still really good. I checked the Niners board and some of the same trolling is still going on, LOL. I guess they are going to go down trolling with the ship when it sinks on July 17th, LOL

Yes there are! I have heard from many old posters there as to how great it used to be. Sad that so few ruin things for everyone else. I was only there during the troll wars.