• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Way to Long League

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so here it is. 12 team no PPR, league runs until week 20 and the waiver wire closes 5 minutes before the first Wild Card Game. Everybody keeps 1 player fer the round he was drafted in the previous year. I had JGordon as my 15th. Draft was a lot different than last year as there were a total of 5 2nd/3rd round keepers. We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K and 1D. There are roster requirements and that is a big reason why my team looks the way it does ( when every team has to have 3 QB, 2TE, 2K and 2 D it makes it hard). BTW, we did hash out the IR situation and only players that are out (which I'm cool with) and players that are suspended (which I'm really not cool with but at least you can't cheat that part of the system). I'll post by position:

QB
1. Russell Wilson-Fell too far fer me to pass in this league, especially when 8 QB's were already off the board.
2. Tyrod Taylor-I love this guy this year but was not what I had in mind. Wanted a playoff QB here and was sniped for Big Ben by one pick.
3. Teddy Bridgewater-Not a whole lot to say. Was the 36th QB taken. Had my sights on Rosen but went 2 picks before me. 2nd time this season I was sniped for Rosen. Go figure.

RB
1. Jordan Howard-Exactly who I wanted here and I was able to snag him. Passed on Cook so he best be the man this year!
2. Alex Collins-Was between he and RFreeman and this was the first pick I made that favored who I believe will be a playoff team.
3. Rex Burkhead-Was surprised he fell to me given the playoff format.
4. Adrian Peterson-Was in the best situation of the guise that were left here. Looked like he did have some run left so we'll see.
5. Jeremy Hill-Again, not much left and TBH I was surprised nobody had taken a shot with this guy (there were a few groans and shits when I did though...lol). If he and Burkhead manage to stay healthy (big if) I could see a situation where I could start both in the playoffs if need be.............or Michel could just steal the whole show.

WR
1. Odell Beckham-Was happy to see him fall to me at #10 but was bummed that LBell only fell to 9th. Not a typo. Bell in the 9th.
2. Josh Gordon-Keeper fer a 15th. I'm a believer.................regardless, as a 15th even if he shits the bed it won't hurt too bad (well, just my pride).
3. Micheal Crabtree-I hate this guy, but I do believe he has a solid season and was thinking possible playoff WR.
4. Robby Anderson-I own this guy of a lot of my teams. Big play potential. Suspension potential too.
5.Cam Merrideth-Another possible playoff guy who if he can stay healthy will be a nice WR5.

TE
1.Delaney Walker-Waited fer a long ass time fer TE and was happy as a pig in shit to land him. Outside shot at playoffs but at that point it didn't matter. I felt lucky just to get a solid TE.
2. Mike Gesiki-Yeah, not a lot there at this point so I took a flier on this guy again.

K
1.Matt Prater-Not much of a playoff chance but hey, you have to get there first.
2. Adam Vinateri- Have to have 2.

D
1.Ravens-Hoping they pick up where they left off last year..........and make the playoffs.
2.Pittsburgh- See above.

Overall happy with this team. QB's went early and had to make a choice between Wilson and Ben. Had to go with the better talent over better chance at playoffs here. Having a little buyers remorse here as I figured I could get a playoff QB later. I figured wrong. Sure does take a while to get used to looking at all these QB's, TE's, K's and D's though.................

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would drop Teddy B for Baker Mayfield (who was probably drafted) or Brett Hundley (who was probably not). Handcuff your QB if you have to have 3.

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBs are thin also interesting to read that the league has requirements on how many x, y, z you must own.
I always enjoy seeing league stuff that is new to me...

-DUB-

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBs are thin also interesting to read that the league has requirements on how many x, y, z you must own.
I always enjoy seeing league stuff that is new to me...

-DUB-

1st league I was in I had 2 QB, K, DST required - really helped make sure there was at least a little something on waivers every single week but limiting your bench

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like your team sammy, but I don't see a lot of guys playing beyond wk17 here, really need those ravens to pan out

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like your team sammy, but I don't see a lot of guys playing beyond wk17 here, really need those ravens to pan out

That's the same thing I was thinking. The chances of you having a quarterback in the post-season is not very good and that might kill you. You'll have running backs, but you're 2 best receivers aren't going to the post-season either, so it might be tough with no quarterback, no kicker, possibly no tight end, and at best a WR3. Gonna need a whole lot of points out of those running backs and defenses.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the same thing I was thinking. The chances of you having a quarterback in the post-season is not very good and that might kill you. You'll have running backs, but you're 2 best receivers aren't going to the post-season either, so it might be tough with no quarterback, no kicker, possibly no tight end, and at best a WR3. Gonna need a whole lot of points out of those running backs and defenses.
There are a shit ton of guise on the wire that should be playoff guise, but I was more worried about just getting there. I think taking Wilson where I did instead of JuJu/Big Ben is gonna be a bummer..............

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I'm stupid................Foles went undrafted...........hope I can get him. I just put up $1 but I think I'd better go big. He could be huge again this year.