• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good Game Spartans

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really sick of that stadium. Congrats to your Spartans RC. I hope that was the real preview of the inaugural B1G CCG...

except, in Indy...

we're going to play a lot better I hope. Good lord. If you'd had Gholston in there I think Wilson would have had a full on meltdown in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really sick of that stadium. Congrats to your Spartans RC. I hope that was the real preview of the inaugural B1G CCG...

except, in Indy...

we're going to play a lot better I hope. Good lord. If you'd had Gholston in there I think Wilson would have had a full on meltdown in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Why is everyone freaking out about Russell's performance. Yes, he missed Pedersen on a TD pass. Yes, he had a fumble that probably cost us a first down. That said, he still extended plays all night and made largely solid throws and decisions. He still completed two-thirds of his passes for more than 10 YPA against one of the best defenses in America. His team had 440 yards against a team that hadn't given up more than 300 all year. Heck, Russell Wilson's QB Rating yesterday was 168. Last year, that would have ben the 5th highest QB Rating in the country. And, oh yeah, that rating would have been at least 20 points higher if Abbredaris catches a perfectly thrown TD ball with about 10 minutes left.

The idea that Russell Wilson was ever close to a "full meltdown" is one of the most bizarre things you have posted. Russell had three bad plays (the Toon Int., the missed pass to Pedersen, and the fumble out of bounds). He had at least a half a dozen outstanding ones. Get real.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everyone freaking out about Russell's performance. Yes, he missed Pedersen on a TD pass. Yes, he had a fumble that probably cost us a first down. That said, he still extended plays all night and made largely solid throws and decisions. He still completed two-thirds of his passes for more than 10 YPA against one of the best defenses in America. His team had 440 yards against a team that hadn't given up more than 300 all year. Heck, Russell Wilson's QB Rating yesterday was 168. Last year, that would have ben the 5th highest QB Rating in the country. And, oh yeah, that rating would have been at least 20 points higher if Abbredaris catches a perfectly thrown TD ball with about 10 minutes left.

The idea that Russell Wilson was ever close to a "full meltdown" is one of the most bizarre things you have posted. Russell had three bad plays (the Toon Int., the missed pass to Pedersen, and the fumble out of bounds). He had at least a half a dozen outstanding ones. Get real.

I've decided that you know nothing about football. Wilson looked surprised every time he tried to roll out and got pressured. He had a bad night. Accept it. He buckled down and played well in the 4th. He shouldn't have been shell shocked in the first place, and he missed more than ONE throw buddy....

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've decided that you know nothing about football. Wilson looked surprised every time he tried to roll out and got pressured. He had a bad night. Accept it. He buckled down and played well in the 4th. He shouldn't have been shell shocked in the first place, and he missed more than ONE throw buddy....

Again, if him being surprised means that we'll get 440 yards, i'll take it. You're literally calling a guy shell shocked on a night where he completed 67%of passes and had over 10 YPA. You're being patently absurd.

Try to name multiple missed throws. He missed an open Pedersen for a touchdown. That's one. Do you have any more? I can think back to his seven incompletions. Two were picks (which I already counted as mistakes). Two were drops. One was a throw away where he was inside the pocket (admittedly, a mistake, but not a missed throw). Another was a legitimate throw away. The seventh was the play where he got clobbered as he threw the ball. Pedersen was wide open, but he didn't have the time to see him (he threw it to the left side, Toon I believe), and MSU made a play. Unless you have other incompletions that the stat keeper and my memory missed, you are simply wrong.

Russell didn't have a great game, but he also didn't have a bad game. I'm not sure how you think he looked surprised when he went outside and there was pressure. I can't think of a single big mistake due to their pressure (can you?), and can think of several plays that he made under intense pressure. We lost the game for a variety of issues, the most notable being punt/kick protection. Russell is about #15 on the "reasons we lost" list, and on the list of reasons we were in the game, he was probably #2.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can count the interceptions as mistakes, but I can't count them as misses. I didn't think the Toon overthrow was all Toon, personally. Wilson saw him, he threw to the route. He knew he shouldn't have right after he threw it.

Here. I'll give you another example of him not handling the pressure well when MSU cranked up the intensity. THE SAFETY.

Like I said, he buckled down and played well in the 4th, but there's all kinds of football being played on the field that doesn't go into your little stat tracker. There were several plays where he rolled out like he had all the time in the world, realized too late that the blitz was on, and couldn't make a play with his arm OR his legs.

He caught on, but it was a bit late. There's really no reason to freak out and defend the guy. I know he's a great quarterback. He looked terrible to me in the mid quarters. You see it differently....okay...good for you. I don't. Get over it.

I think the whole team failed to rise to the challenge, or play up to the speed and intensity of the game. I also think next time, if we see them in Indy, will be completely different.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
re-watching the game right now on ESPNU. Goal line cameras shaking when MSU just took the lead on the 4th down play in the 2d quarter.... that shake almost cost them a shot at the replay.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's weird is that a tiny, tiny part of me is kind of glad that MSU is as good as they look. Cousins was actually pretty money in that game. The way Wisconsin laid an egg there in the 2nd and 3rd quarters particularly.....I would HATE to have seen them walk through their B1G schedule before someone finally stepped up and punched them in the jaw. Obviously they were not mentally prepared for that...and hopefully they will be now.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys really are the most annoying homer fan base on the planet. I'm glad I have been enlightened.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And FYI. In 1997, Nebraska didn't deserve to wash Michigan's jockstraps, let alone share a title with them.

And this coming from someone who really, really doesn't like Michigan.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And FYI. In 1997, Nebraska didn't deserve to wash Michigan's jockstraps, let alone share a title with them.

LOL..yep. :whatever:

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1

fork-you-fork-you-life-demotivational-poster-1250487078.jpg

:drum:
LOL

Nate

Mid-Major Defender
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ thinking Michigan was actually good in 1997!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya. Charles Woodson and that defense were just horrible players in disguise.

RubiconCross

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

except, in Indy...

Good game Camp. Man, talk about a nail biter. Still shocked we won, but not suprised that it was a game. I have no doubt you'll be in Indy, as for us, we'll have to see. Roadtrip to Nebraska's gonna suck and NW usually gives us fits. Nonetheless, a rubbermatch would be interesting. I think our success will depend on how we handle these last 2 big wins. I think it was a good sign that we were extremely disciplined with zero penalties coming off an emotional rivalry win.