• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good Game Spartans

RubiconCross

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As far as mistakes, that blocked punt was inexcusable, terrible blocking. Frankly, I thought Russel played relatively well in a very loud, hostile environment. We're I a badger I'd like to see him run more. There was one time in particular he was out of the pocket, hung around the line of scrimmage when he could've easliy ran for the 1st. Obviously I'm biased, but we played solid, disciplined and got lucky on breaks when we needed them. Like I said before, good game Wisky, you'll only get better after this.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Camp. Man, talk about a nail biter. Still shocked we won, but not suprised that it was a game. I have no doubt you'll be in Indy, as for us, we'll have to see. Roadtrip to Nebraska's gonna suck and NW usually gives us fits. Nonetheless, a rubbermatch would be interesting. I think our success will depend on how we handle these last 2 big wins. I think it was a good sign that we were extremely disciplined with zero penalties coming off an emotional rivalry win.

Yup. Cousins should really be proud of himself. I thought that was the best game he's ever played, on the grounds that he didn't turn over the ball and made key throws.

As far as mistakes, that blocked punt was inexcusable, terrible blocking. Frankly, I thought Russel played relatively well in a very loud, hostile environment. We're I a badger I'd like to see him run more. There was one time in particular he was out of the pocket, hung around the line of scrimmage when he could've easliy ran for the 1st. Obviously I'm biased, but we played solid, disciplined and got lucky on breaks when we needed them. Like I said before, good game Wisky, you'll only get better after this.

Well, I thought most of Wilson's pass plays in the 2nd and 3rd showed that he was expecting the OLine to start winning the battle, rather than adjust to having less time. But ya, he buckled down and put together a hell of a drive to tie it up.

MSU's defense is for real. Ours needs work. I hope that after this game, Cromartie is hungry enough to impress people. He got schooled.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU's defense is for real. Ours needs work. I hope that after this game, Cromartie is hungry enough to impress people. He got schooled.

Honestly, him and Shelton better be prepared to work their asses off this week. Southward and Peniel outplayed both of them. If they can't show that something could change, I wouldn't be surprised to see the younger guys get the start this week.

Also, one of the underrated aspects of that game was Fenelus vs. Cunningham. Most people probably didn't notice, but that was two future pros playing like two future pros. In the end, Cunningham came out a little bit on top, but I thought both played excellent football.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Rubicon, good game. You were absolutely right about your team making a game out of it, and they took it one step beyond that. MSU has always been my second favorite team, and its been great to see you guys find a coach who can keep you competitive for a long time after Saban left and the Williams/Smith debacles. I'm seriously hoping that you guys can win out, and we can have a B1G Title Game rematch. If Cousins, Cunningham, and company keep playing like they did, it shouldn't be a problem. You guys have a great team, and congrats on the win.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And FYI. In 1997, Nebraska didn't deserve to wash Michigan's jockstraps, let alone share a title with them.

And this coming from someone who really, really doesn't like Michigan.

RYAN LEAF WAS BETTER THAN PEYTON MANNING GUISE

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys really are the most annoying homer fan base on the planet. I'm glad I have been enlightened.

this coming from the dude who said "THAT WAS A DIFFERENT MICHIGAN STATE TEAM" last year, rather than admit his team took a giant shit.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this coming from the dude who said "THAT WAS A DIFFERENT MICHIGAN STATE TEAM" last year, rather than admit his team took a giant shit.

No. See. I didn't say that. You're taking Smoke's misrepresentation of what I said like an F average history student would.

When I had that argument a year ago, I said Wisconsin was a different team during the Michigan State game last year than they were at the end of the season. Which isn't a statement that anybody who watched college football last year would argue with.

I've also said multiple times over the last week now that they played terrible at MSU last year, and played terrible at MSU this year.

Way to use SMOKE as a beacon of enlightenment, by the way.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Woodson.... LOL

Scott Frost > Brian Griese.... Yeeeaaa.... LOL

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. See. I didn't say that. You're taking Smoke's misrepresentation of what I said like an F average history student would.

When I had that argument a year ago, I said Wisconsin was a different team during the Michigan State game last year than they were at the end of the season. Which isn't a statement that anybody who watched college football last year would argue with.

I've also said multiple times over the last week now that they played terrible at MSU last year, and played terrible at MSU this year.

Way to use SMOKE as a beacon of enlightenment, by the way.

this is not what you said after the season. and grats for assuming I listened to smoke, and fail history classes. Real big of you :finger:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats? Running up the score against Iowa State doesn't make you a hero. Being able to throw the football well enough to sniff the pro field makes you better than Scott Frost. Shit, Tim Tebow can say he was a better passer than Scott Frost now.

The bowl games? Nice try.

Ohio State played #4 Florida State
Penn State played #6 Florida
Wisconsin played #12 Georgia

A&M lost to #5 UCLA...a team that Washington State was able to beat

after that it gets real impressive.

Oklahoma State LOST to Purdue
Missouri LOST to Colorado State
Kansas State beat an overranked Syracuse team still living off of the McNabb hype.
Oklahoma and Texas were down and nowhere in sight.

Nebraska played shit defenses in a down and overrated conference all season and ran up the score, padding their stats.

But in all fairness. Neither Michigan or Nebraska were the best teams in the country that season. They were just undefeated in down conferences.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would find a link, but when searches for the term "different" won't go through because it's "too common", searching through all of your posts is too much of a chore for me at this time.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're right tho forky, a dynasty that lost a total of 3 games the previous 5 years, had no business winning the championship when it went undefeated

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That, and you're full of shit. And I guarantee you got that from Smoke, because he's said it recently. He's full of shit too. Here, I'll find it for you, I've got 5 minutes....

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's amazing how Nebraska fans can win an argument against yourselves. Your main points are that you:

1. Have a better offense

2. Won by more PPG

3. Played a tougher schedule

4. Would have one head to head because "Ron" Woodson wouldn't have mattered against the run.

Nobody is disagreeing with 1. Anywhere. 1997 Nebraska had a better offense.

Of course, the offensive powerhouse is going to win by more than the defensive powerhouse. That is common sense. That point is totally worthless.

Your evidence on the SOS claim is that Nebraska played more top 10 teams. Congrats on that. Nebraska beat #7 Tennessee and #8 Kansas State while Michigan beat only #9 Washington State. That said, Michigan also beat the #12 and #16 teams. Nebraska's next best win came against #18. Michigan played just as many teams with winning records, and their opponents had about even overall records. Nebraska's opposition may have been slighly betteer, but is isn't night and day.

The rushing offense thing is laughable. Michigan gave up only 89 YPG rushing in the run-first B1G, by far the lowest amount of anybody. They had the best run defense in America that year. One of their linebackers is still starting in the NFL almost fifteen years later, and in total, the linebackers and defensive ends that started games for them have had 61 seasons on NFL rosters. The fact that you even made that statement is a joke.

There were also two common opponents: Colorado and Baylor. Both played one at home and one on the road. Michigan outscored their opponents 65-6. Nebraska outscored their opponents 76-45. Heavy advantage to Michigan there.

Lastly, Nebraska had the title in their hand. They controlled their own destiny, with the #1 ranking. Everybody saw the Mizzou game. Yes, you guys had a heroic play to get the win, but we all know you needed unbelievable luck to get the win. Michigan, for all their close games, never had a game like that. They earned the title fair and square. Nebraska did as well. Both teams were great, but i'm pretty sure Michigan was better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats? Running up the score against Iowa State doesn't make you a hero. Being able to throw the football well enough to sniff the pro field makes you better than Scott Frost. Shit, Tim Tebow can say he was a better passer than Scott Frost now.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Scott Frost thing. Don't you think bragging about Scott Frost is a little funny when Michigan had a talented starter who played several years in the pros, and this backup named Tom Brady who i've heard is doing okay in the pros. Granted, college and the pros are two different things, but both of those guys were great college players as well.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never (ITT) claimed that Michigan didn't also deserve the title.

Nor did I claim that I made that vid..

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Scott Frost thing. Don't you think bragging about Scott Frost is a little funny when Michigan had a talented starter who played several years in the pros, and this backup named Tom Brady who i've heard is doing okay in the pros. Granted, college and the pros are two different things, but both of those guys were great college players as well.

I would take Frost over both of them, if I was starting a college team.