• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good chance team name gets changed per report.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Baltimore Colts retired Johnny Unitas number 19 in 1971 in Baltimore, Maryland. This ceremony took place in 1977, honoring his legendary career with the team.
This was a fitting tribute to one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history, who played for the Colts from 1956 to 1972 and led them to multiple championships.

ED played for the Indianapolis Colts from 1987 to 1991. The Colts relocated to Indianapolis on 03/28/1984

In both instances, there was no location called "Colts." One played in Baltimore the other in Indianapolis.
Dickerson will always be thought of as a ram.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Baltimore Colts retired Johnny Unitas number 19 in 1971 in Baltimore, Maryland. This ceremony took place in 1977, honoring his legendary career with the team.
This was a fitting tribute to one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history, who played for the Colts from 1956 to 1972 and led them to multiple championships.

ED played for the Indianapolis Colts from 1987 to 1991. The Colts relocated to Indianapolis on 03/28/1984

In both instances, there was no location called "Colts." One played in Baltimore the other in Indianapolis.

Yes but the Colts organization still has Unitas’ jersey retired in Indianapolis. The Rams retired ED jersey in LA but he played in STL.

It is an organizational thing.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but the Colts organization still has Unitas’ jersey retired in Indianapolis. The Rams retired ED jersey in LA but he played in STL.

It is an organizational thing.
So what?? They packed up everything and took it with them, big whoop! Unitas played and his number was retired in Baltimore.

We agree it is an organizational thing and the organizations in question, all 32 of them are based in cities.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what?? They packed up everything and took it with them, big whoop! Unitas played and his number was retired in Baltimore.

We agree it is an organizational thing and the organizations in question, all 32 of them are based in cities.
on a snowy march day before sunrise.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what stadium in Baltimore is the jersey hung?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're reaching!

Except I am not. The team’s history is with the organization. That is why Johnny Unitas’ jersey is hung in Indianapolis and Dickerson’s is hung in LA. If it is about the city, Unitas’ jersey would be hung in Raven’s Stadium.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except I am not. The team’s history is with the organization. That is why Johnny Unitas’ jersey is hung in Indianapolis and Dickerson’s is hung in LA. If it is about the city, Unitas’ jersey would be hung in Raven’s Stadium.
Say what you want even though you're wrong about the whole jersey thing. Jim Irsay owns and has the rights to those uniforms and he has a right to move his organization and the memorabilia anywhere that his heart desires. The history lies in the places where it was made and doesn't magically disappear just because they've moved elsewhere.

Lincoln was shot at Ford's Theater in Washington D.C., He's buried in Oak Ridge Cemetary in Springfield Illinois, where was he shot? (That's the history)

Btw: Unitas never played in Indianapolis! (Home team)

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want even though you're wrong about the whole jersey thing. Jim Irsay owns and has the rights to those uniforms and he has a right to move his organization and the memorabilia anywhere that his heart desires. The history lies in the places where it was made and doesn't magically disappear just because they've moved elsewhere.

Lincoln was shot at Ford's Theater in Washington D.C., He's buried in Oak Ridge Cemetary in Springfield Illinois, where was he shot? (That's the history)

Btw: Unitas never played in Indianapolis! (Home team)

Yes I know….but he was part of that organization, when it was in Baltimore.

The people make the history…the location is just that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I know….but he was part of that organization, when it was in Baltimore.

The people make the history…the location is just that.
He owned the team via family

People make history that is true but where they make it isn't something that can be casually passed over, it's important for historical context and references.

Just to expound on that a bit more, location plays a crucial role in historical events for several reasons, among them are Geographical advantages, Cultural and social context, Environmental factors, symbolic significance, and historical landmarks come to mind. Understanding the importance of location helps us appreciate the complexities of historical events and the various factors that influence their outcomes.

We appear to be taking the long road to your agreeing with me, again, I don't mind, but it's getting to a point where redundancy, even over-kill is taking hold.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The commanders are just an expansion team with no relation to the redskins unless it’s convenient. The NFL has done this by actions , like erasing the redskins name from films and by blocking out the name when promoting the superbowl .

Harris said the name wasn’t coming back for “ obvious reasons “ meaning the woke NFL is bending the knee to a political faction. Buying redskins merchandise is extremely hard if not impossible.

Everything I said that would happen , happened just as I said it would .

Hell even the compromise to warriors or braves is unacceptable to these people .

I am here on the commanders board giving the new team a chance to make me passionate about the team again but I don’t see that happening if I am lied to about the name . I am only one person and soon this SportsHoopla site will go the way of the dodo so when that happens what I do about watching the NFL will change.

None of my feelings would have ever happened if it wasn’t for the name change crap . And the plight of the Native American has not changed one single bit . The problems of that community are still the same . Another useless thing done to make someone feel good

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was never about helping native Americans.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The commanders are just an expansion team with no relation to the redskins unless it’s convenient. The NFL has done this by actions , like erasing the redskins name from films and by blocking out the name when promoting the superbowl .

Harris said the name wasn’t coming back for “ obvious reasons “ meaning the woke NFL is bending the knee to a political faction. Buying redskins merchandise is extremely hard if not impossible.

Everything I said that would happen , happened just as I said it would .

Hell even the compromise to warriors or braves is unacceptable to these people .

I am here on the commanders board giving the new team a chance to make me passionate about the team again but I don’t see that happening if I am lied to about the name . I am only one person and soon this SportsHoopla site will go the way of the dodo so when that happens what I do about watching the NFL will change.

None of my feelings would have ever happened if it wasn’t for the name change crap . And the plight of the Native American has not changed one single bit . The problems of that community are still the same . Another useless thing done to make someone feel good

You forgot the Cleveland Guardians, who to this day still have Indians branded merch sold on Fanatics that isn't the Chief Wahoo logo. What happened to the Redskins is due to a bunch of white activists who told people how to feel about native americans.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They dont need a jersey hung at M&T, there's a giant statue of him greeting fans as they enter the stadium.

Also if we're talking history between the Baltimore and Indianapolis Colts eras, the ring of honor for the Colts only include the players who played in Indy, not Baltimore with the exception of one...so Johnny Unitas isn't even honored by the current Colts franchise outside of a retired number.