• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good chance team name gets changed per report.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feelings are clear about the name , I think there is a compromise that will satisfy most people but commanders is an expansion team name and something that needs to be in NFL Europe

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an extremely funny post!
The team name has changed and it's not coming back, therefore there's nothing for me to be bothered with in that regard. That said, look who's actually bothered... YOU! because the name has been changed. So it might be instructive to take your own advice and move on to another team if the status quo bothers you so much.

Here's the funny part; I offered a reasonable compromise based on the numerous calls to bring back the old name and/or unhappiness with the current one, but instead of responding to or entertaining that idea, you came at me with this BS! You're a much better person than that, I know that's true because of the numerous albeit sometimes contentious exchanges that we've had over the years. I'm done!

The team name has changed. It is most likely not coming back. Those are facts.

You must have missed the part where I stated ”to that extent.” While I am bothered with society’s general ignorance on this subject, it must not be bothersome enough for me to move onto another team.

Sadly, you attacked me and not my argument.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1694856563157.png
Here's hoping they go back to these uniforms and fill in that damn 'W' and make it a solid yellow letter on the helmet. I'm in favor of a name change, but I have no idea what's available and how long it would take to get all of the legalities satisfied. I figure with DS out of the way it wouldn't take as long, but who knows?

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are countless polls and interviews of Native Americans in general that support the Redskin name far more than oppose it.

I am sure there are some members of the Seminole nation that don’t support the FSU name or mascot.

You can’t please everybody. If you are opposed to it, and it bothers you to that extent, find another team…another sport.
i can go for any name but commanders which has always been and will always be awful.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Washington Commanders are being sued by The Native American Guardians Association, which has been trying to get the Commanders to change the name back to Redskins.

The lawsuit states:

“The logo on the Redskin’s helmet is an actual person, it’s Chief White Calf. Every time they go out on that field, they were honoring Chief White Calf and they were battling on the football field with the same honor and integrity and courage. They should continue to honor that.”

Via NBC Montana.

#NFL #Washington #Redskins #Commanders

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Washington Commanders are being sued by The Native American Guardians Association, which has been trying to get the Commanders to change the name back to Redskins.

The lawsuit states:

“The logo on the Redskin’s helmet is an actual person, it’s Chief White Calf. Every time they go out on that field, they were honoring Chief White Calf and they were battling on the football field with the same honor and integrity and courage. They should continue to honor that.”

Via NBC Montana.

#NFL #Washington #Redskins #Commanders
Im for the Superbowl logo, but if worst comes to worst they should go back to the spear. It's no different than the arrowhead on the Chiefs helmet. I'd dare the league to tell us no on the throwback helmet.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. This topic….

Have to agree with Sty if they want to go the Native American route.

Anything but Commanders, stupidest name ever

Like the spear idea most, hate the current helmets and miss the old uniforms.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this debate is going to be around because of the BS surrounding the reasoning for the name change . 2 things , wokism and snyder being compromised .

then the lies about how the new name would be selected

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this debate is going to be around because of the BS surrounding the reasoning for the name change . 2 things , wokism and snyder being compromised .

then the lies about how the new name would be selected
they should find a name equal to the spear on the old helment.usingthe native name like warriors would be great.it beats the hell out of commanders by a longshot,but what is,nt better than commanders?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Spear Helment.
some of you are starting to get it. You keep the whole fight for all DC song as well.

now...if they bring back the gold and drop the yellow...things can get back to where they should be.

beat Dallas

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Commanders is in play based on how this season goes, but Magic said everything is on the table and Josh said its up to the fans. Time will tell.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Commanders is in play based on how this season goes, but Magic said everything is on the table and Josh said its up to the fans. Time will tell.
If it changes, really doesn’t make sense for a year or two. Would be smart PR move to roll it out with stadium news if that happens