• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good chance team name gets changed per report.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rales made it clear, Redskins name not coming back. A slap in the face to not only Redskin fans, but also to the NA pushing to bring back the honor bestowed upon the organization many years ago. Strike 1 against this new regime imo.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rales made it clear, Redskins name not coming back. A slap in the face to not only Redskin fans, but also to the NA pushing to bring back the honor bestowed upon the organization many years ago. Strike 1 against this new regime imo.
I don't count this as a strike against Josh. The fact that from what I can tell they floated a few trial balloons to check the temp was encouraging.

I've always been a uniform over name guy anyway.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't count this as a strike against Josh. The fact that from what I can tell they floated a few trial balloons to check the temp was encouraging.

Jesus .... strike one already? Have any of you seen all the things he has done in a short time?

I agree Warriors, Braves something that will keep the history alive. Nobody wanted Redskins back more than me but it was always going to be unlikely.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus .... strike one already? Have any of you seen all the things he has done in a short time?

I agree Warriors, Braves something that will keep the history alive. Nobody wanted Redskins back more than me but it was always going to be unlikely.
40 million into FedEx!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually like today's uniform. Will always be a Redskin regardless.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of the new uniform ..... just my opinion

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hate the team name and unis,at least they can pick a decent name with better unis throwing back to the old days.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i keep posting warriors is just to logical for our nations capitol and boy does this thread prove the point.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was going to count ALL (which i really have not seen much) the good to date (like buying the team) and give new ownership a pass on this one but since most here seem to keep score on the organization, I can honestly say its 1 strike vs all the good things that have transpired to date. Some may not consider the name change a strike since it ties to Snyder & Co but Jason Wright is still in the building and he was heavily involved in the process and absolutely lied to the fan base purposely and I won't let that go. Once a liar, always a liar.
Make no mistake, I'm excited to see where Harris & Co take this team into the future. I hope this softens the blow of my 1 strike comment.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to count ALL (which i really have not seen much) the good to date (like buying the team) and give new ownership a pass on this one but since most here seem to keep score on the organization, I can honestly say its 1 strike vs all the good things that have transpired to date. Some may not consider the name change a strike since it ties to Snyder & Co but Jason Wright is still in the building and he was heavily involved in the process and absolutely lied to the fan base purposely and I won't let that go. Once a liar, always a liar.
Make no mistake, I'm excited to see where Harris & Co take this team into the future. I hope this softens the blow of my 1 strike comment.
I hear ya. I agree Jason needs to go. I have no doubt Commanders is on its way out. Redskins was always the longest of long shots.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think wright and RR missed the whole damn point on the name change . they said they wanted a link to the history but in reality they wanted a complete cut . the older generation of fans were told to get fucked while the younger generation was totally appeased . i , for one , will be glad when society has moved on from this woke shit and can let a team name itself warriors with NA imagery and not have to listen to presentism arguments and apply them to things that happened in the past . i won t buy commanders gear or get behind "maj tuddy " or any of that snyder era crap .

i am not going to invest in anything unless i get what i want as the consumer and if you dont offer me what i want the so be it even if i am the last man on the planet who feels that way . wins and losses arent the overriding factor . blind home team loyalty isnt either , i dont live in the DMV anymore nor do i have any desire to do so . my childhood memories do . the passion i felt for the redskins overrides it all . so if redskins cant be it then warriors , braves or WFT are my choices with the NA logo

the honeymoon with the ownership will be over soon . just wait till your favorite players get shown the door and we dont know who that can be because this ownership team is going to put its stamp on the team . the teams new location might not be what you want , the new ownership team might not have the capitol to do what they want . its all a work in progress

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get all of that. I also understand that the honeymoon is only for a while. I just didn't understand strike 1 because the name won't be Redskins because we knew that ship has sailed and my guess is the league doesn't want it be Redskins. I am hoping for a name such as you suggested.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think wright and RR missed the whole damn point on the name change . they said they wanted a link to the history but in reality they wanted a complete cut . the older generation of fans were told to get fucked while the younger generation was totally appeased . i , for one , will be glad when society has moved on from this woke shit and can let a team name itself warriors with NA imagery and not have to listen to presentism arguments and apply them to things that happened in the past . i won t buy commanders gear or get behind "maj tuddy " or any of that snyder era crap .

i am not going to invest in anything unless i get what i want as the consumer and if you dont offer me what i want the so be it even if i am the last man on the planet who feels that way . wins and losses arent the overriding factor . blind home team loyalty isnt either , i dont live in the DMV anymore nor do i have any desire to do so . my childhood memories do . the passion i felt for the redskins overrides it all . so if redskins cant be it then warriors , braves or WFT are my choices with the NA logo

the honeymoon with the ownership will be over soon . just wait till your favorite players get shown the door and we dont know who that can be because this ownership team is going to put its stamp on the team . the teams new location might not be what you want , the new ownership team might not have the capitol to do what they want . its all a work in progress
Warriors, Braves, WFT with the NA logo and unis is a no brainer.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howell looks rookie ish

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vowed not to post on this topic again but considering the continued interest in it I feel compelled to offer a few more thoughts

First, and thankfully the name isn't coming back but that doesn't mean that there's not a naming compromise that both satisfies the desire to keep what some see as a noble heritage and those who see it as revolting. Here's the compromise...

Rename the team after an ACTUAL Native American tribe with their blessing and whatever else they require. This can be done following the same precedent set by Florida State University.

The Seminole Tribe of Florida has expressed its support of Florida State University’s nickname and logos. The tribe collaborates with the university and athletic department. It approved the regalia used by Osceola, the student who plants the flaming spear at midfield and consulted with FSU on redesigned uniforms in 2014. The markings on the football team's sleeves show the tribe's symbols for arrow, man, man on horse, and fire. The NCAA reviewed its guidelines on Native American nicknames in 2005 and the Seminoles tribal council unanimously approved a resolution supporting FSU's use of the name. The university refers to it as a SYMBOL rather than a mascot and works closely with the tribe whenever it creates new merchandise inspired by its Seminole connection.

It’s worth noting that as Washington’s NFL team and the Cleveland Indians reconsider their names amidst nationwide conversations on racial equality and social justice, FSU wants to educate people on the Seminoles. In announcing a special task force on anti-racism
and racial equality earlier, this week, FSU president John Thrasher said he wanted to "create" an educational outreach program about FSU's history and relationship with the Seminole Tribe of Florida.

Finally, here's a list of all native American Tribes that have lived in this country. It's a rather long list but I suggest that the name could and probably should be one that currently exists. (There are 574 of them) The link...

Global web icon Native American Tribes List – Legends of America
List of Native American Tribes

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vowed not to post on this topic again but considering the continued interest in it I feel compelled to offer a few more thoughts

First, and thankfully the name isn't coming back but that doesn't mean that there's not a naming compromise that both satisfies the desire to keep what some see as a noble heritage and those who see it as revolting. Here's the compromise...

Rename the team after an ACTUAL Native American tribe with their blessing and whatever else they require. This can be done following the same precedent set by Florida State University.

The Seminole Tribe of Florida has expressed its support of Florida State University’s nickname and logos. The tribe collaborates with the university and athletic department. It approved the regalia used by Osceola, the student who plants the flaming spear at midfield and consulted with FSU on redesigned uniforms in 2014. The markings on the football team's sleeves show the tribe's symbols for arrow, man, man on horse, and fire. The NCAA reviewed its guidelines on Native American nicknames in 2005 and the Seminoles tribal council unanimously approved a resolution supporting FSU's use of the name. The university refers to it as a SYMBOL rather than a mascot and works closely with the tribe whenever it creates new merchandise inspired by its Seminole connection.

It’s worth noting that as Washington’s NFL team and the Cleveland Indians reconsider their names amidst nationwide conversations on racial equality and social justice, FSU wants to educate people on the Seminoles. In announcing a special task force on anti-racism
and racial equality earlier, this week, FSU president John Thrasher said he wanted to "create" an educational outreach program about FSU's history and relationship with the Seminole Tribe of Florida.

Finally, here's a list of all native American Tribes that have lived in this country. It's a rather long list but I suggest that the name could and probably should be one that currently exists. (There are 574 of them) The link...

Global web icon Native American Tribes List – Legends of America
List of Native American Tribes

There are countless polls and interviews of Native Americans in general that support the Redskin name far more than oppose it.

I am sure there are some members of the Seminole nation that don’t support the FSU name or mascot.

You can’t please everybody. If you are opposed to it, and it bothers you to that extent, find another team…another sport.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are countless polls and interviews of Native Americans in general that support the Redskin name far more than oppose it.

I am sure there are some members of the Seminole nation that don’t support the FSU name or mascot.

You can’t please everybody. If you are opposed to it, and it bothers you to that extent, find another team…another sport.
This is an extremely funny post!
The team name has changed and it's not coming back, therefore there's nothing for me to be bothered with in that regard. That said, look who's actually bothered... YOU! because the name has been changed. So it might be instructive to take your own advice and move on to another team if the status quo bothers you so much.

Here's the funny part; I offered a reasonable compromise based on the numerous calls to bring back the old name and/or unhappiness with the current one, but instead of responding to or entertaining that idea, you came at me with this BS! You're a much better person than that, I know that's true because of the numerous albeit sometimes contentious exchanges that we've had over the years. I'm done!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I agree with and I am not sure about this but I think FSU paid the Seminole tribe to be able to use the name.