• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goldson re-signs with 49ers

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another guy for whom 'testing the market' bombed. RT @ProFootballTalk: Safety Dashon Goldson will re-sign with the 9ers. 1-year deal.

Hopefully Goldson has had a realization that's he's not a good player, so now he can work on getting better.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another guy for whom 'testing the market' bombed. RT @ProFootballTalk: Safety Dashon Goldson will re-sign with the 9ers. 1-year deal.

Hopefully Goldson has had a realization that's he's not a good player, so now he can work on getting better.

I hope this is not a sign that Smith's injury is bad. I agree, I hope his does of reality will serve as a wake up call.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish it was Lawson resigning rather than Goldson. But good to have a familar face on board... We are filled with Safeties all of sudden. I wonder if Smith's injury is really bad?

Come on Mays step it up!

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting- didn't see that one coming at all. Whitner/Goldson combo might be pretty nasty if Goldson is 100%. Although, I was getting excited for the Whitner/Smith combo.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't like our safeties at all. I was a little excited and wanted to see what Reggie would have done as a starter. Hopefully Whitner can pull it together - change of scenery.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wish it was Lawson resigning rather than Goldson. But good to have a familar face on board... We are filled with Safeties all of sudden. I wonder if Smith's injury is really bad?

Come on Mays step it up!

As I just posted in the Reggie Smith thread, that his latest tweet gives off the impression that he's going to workout.

Up and ready, time to get busy!!!

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like our safeties at all. I was a little excited and wanted to see what Reggie would have done as a starter. Hopefully Whitner can pull it together - change of scenery.

What don't you like about Whitner's game Bingo?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What don't you like about Whitner's game Bingo?

Not quite of a ballhawk I expected, but then again he was never that type of player when he left The Ohio State University. He was suppose to be the poor man's version of Troy Polamalu. He's only a poor man's poor-man's version of Polamalu.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Agreed. We have a kind of hodge podge of Safeties and not much stability at the position. Like yourself, I wanted to see what Smith could do as a starter. I also had hopes Taylor was going to be a diamond in the rough, and this was going to be the year the light came on.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as one of the safeties back there is using his brains and eyes and not running towards the LOS, I'll be good. I just don't want anyone getting behind easily.

I thought Whitner was somewhat of a smart defendor.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As long as one of the safeties back there is using his brains and eyes and not running towards the LOS, I'll be good. I just don't want anyone getting behind easily.

I thought Whitner was somewhat of a smart defendor.

Hahaha...memories of Indianapolis still haunting you? There were other 'bites' that hurt us as well, but that one sticks out for me. Yes, I agree, we do need to be a smarter secondary.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha...memories of Indianapolis still haunting you? There were other 'bites' that hurt us as well, but that one sticks out for me. Yes, I agree, we do need to be a smarter secondary.

lol, I can't really hide it can I? It was like 2 yrs ago and I can vividly recall that play. That one and the Houston one too... my god, I want positive lasting images not seeing Goldson getting burned on those PAs! I actually think both were the same play too.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol, I can't really hide it can I? It was like 2 yrs ago and I can vividly recall that play. That one and the Houston one too... my god, I want positive lasting images not seeing Goldson getting burned on those PAs! I actually think both were the same play too.

Haha, I know!!!! Yes, it was two years ago for Indy. I believe we were burned in the same fashion during last year's KC game as well. Ugh! New year, new results - right?

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm struggling to figure out what this resigning implies. Part of me thinks it's that they could use additional experienced depth at the position, and that Williams certainly is no lock to make the team. Although, early word was that they originally wanted to bring Goldson back...

I like what I've heard so far re: Reggie at FS. I always felt he was slightly out of position at SS. I'm hoping this doesn't suggest more about his apparent injury. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, I know!!!! Yes, it was two years ago for Indy. I believe we were burned in the same fashion during last year's KC game as well. Ugh! New year, new results - right?

We've been playing the same tunes for awhile haven't we? :faint:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm struggling to figure out what this resigning implies. Part of me thinks it's that they could use more experienced depth at the position. Although, early word was that they originally wanted to bring Goldson back. Killing two birds with one stone perhaps?

I like what I've heard so far on Reggie at FS, I always felt he was slightly out of position at SS. I'm hoping this doesn't suggest more about his apparent injury. Fingers crossed.

If anything our Kickoff & Punt coverage should be great this year with the loaded Safeties, no?

Goldson is probably for insurance OR maybe Goldson just didn't find any takers out there.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If anything our Kickoff & Punt coverage should be great this year with the loaded Safeties, no?

Goldson is probably for insurance OR maybe Goldson just didn't find any takers out there.

Perhaps they invision him as the 1st safety off the bench, or a nickleback type role, special teams etc? That could make sense.