• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Golden Tate is an Eagle

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Morning Football (NFL Network), they sad that Tate to the Eagles will have the greatest impact of any of the previous trades.

That just means that they like the look of this trade much better on paper. And i agree with this. This has the opportunity to look like the best WR trade by years end.

I hope to be at seasons end and the comparison of Cowboys spending a 1st on Cooper and us spending a 3rd on Tate showing just what morons they continue to be.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to think about with respect to compensatory picks. We are very likely to receive a 4th round compensation pick this upcoming season for Trey Burton. Compensation is based on the following year's playing time and production. Also taken into account is the production / playing time of the free agents we signed this off-season; none has produced or played Burton's snaps ... so we are pretty much guaranteed that extra 4th barring an injury to Burton. So, we have two 2nd rounders and two 4th rounders making it easier for us to trade away a 3rd this year. In 2020 we can possibly receive either a 3rd or a 4th for Tate if he signs somewhere else and keeps up his PT and production (barring us signing a big free agent this off-season which I don't see happening with our cap issues). So the risk we are taking on trading that 3rd for Tate is not really all that big in the grand scheme ... plus it's not out of the realm of possibility that we extend him and the compensation stuff becomes null and void.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just means that they like the look of this trade much better on paper. And i agree with this. This has the opportunity to look like the best WR trade by years end.

I hope to be at seasons end and the comparison of Cowboys spending a 1st on Cooper and us spending a 3rd on Tate showing just what morons they continue to be.

The thing about Cooper is that he's still locked in for one more year (even though it's at 14 million) ... so if he works out for the Pokes they don't have to worry about him leaving via free agency. We on the other hand only have Tate for 8 games without any guarantee of him returning if he works out for us.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Cooper is that he's still locked in for one more year (even though it's at 14 million) ... so if he works out for the Pokes they don't have to worry about him leaving via free agency. We on the other hand only have Tate for 8 games without any guarantee of him returning if he works out for us.

But, as you just pointed out really well....the compensatory pick factor. And it requires Cooper to work out, which I think does stand a better chance than not at working.

The 14M next year would concern me as the Cowboys are just now trying to get out of salary cap hell. Meanwhile our option if Tate works well is to try to sign him for what would work for us or (likely) recoup a decent pick the next year, like we should on Burton this year.

That and we spent a 3rd for this shot for a player whose forte should fit for us better. They spent (IMO) way too much for a #1 WR....something a lot harder to make work.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, Cooper has never been a #1 WR, as far as I know.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, Cooper has never been a #1 WR, as far as I know.

My understanding as well. Crabtree was always the #1 until this year....in which they traded him by mid year.

Don’t get me wrong...Raiders got a first for him.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't the size of the contract the player signs with his new team also factor into the comp pick formula? I always thought it was based off of that more than anything else.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got a nice break with the Skids losing to the ATL yesterday. We should be able to take care of Dallas with them playing on a short week. I think Tate is going to have a big game for us in his debut.k

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robbie Anderson was eagles first choice, makes sense. Younger speedster to take the top off, jets said no way.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son works in Temple Sports, and he said that Robbie is a bad character dude. Just a FYI.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robbie Anderson was eagles first choice, makes sense. Younger speedster to take the top off, jets said no way.

I liked this idea in more of a long term sense. But it was never a for real chance.

At least we have a guy who has been healthy this year for the back half.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the real possibilities that Tate can bring....here is a quick read and example.....

Eagles Film Room: Nelson Agholor, Golden Tate, & The Burner Concept

Basic just....with the Burner concept Nelly can hand over the backfield concepts that he has had mixed results with this year to Tate, who is made for this. One example of something they can employ that will have so much a better chance to work now.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also...speaking of Lions....Abdullah is waived. If he clears waivers I would kick the tires....especially if Sproles remains a huge question mark.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son works in Temple Sports, and he said that Robbie is a bad character dude. Just a FYI.
He told a cop he was going to nut in his wife's eye. Total nut.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we just fire Groh now ...

"Eagles OC Mike Groh said incorporating Golden Tate into the offense has been difficult."

From rotoworld: Despite a bye week following the trade, Tate's career in Philadelphia has started off slowly. He did see a big bump in playing time against the Saints, however, and ended up leading the team in targets (8), catches (5), and yards (48). Even so, this trade is looking like a mistake, especially with the Eagles falling out of the playoff race.

Tate is a vet receiver who has produced for several years with the Lions ... how the heck can it be so "difficult" to incorporate him into the system??? Could it be because Groh is simply clueless?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Groh was a good WR coach, but is over-matched as an OC. Who would take over OC? Duce is a RB coach and I doubt he'd be a good OC.