• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Golden Tate is an Eagle

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it takes a mix and sometimes getting lucky. we've had an UDFA man the position to great success for many years now, I'd be cool if we got the same production out of an almost UDFA going forward.

Let’s face it....Peters UDFA story is such a high odds outlier. .I’m not sure we see such a thing again for a while. But I do like the thinking.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it takes a mix and sometimes getting lucky. we've had an UDFA man the position to great success for many years now, I'd be cool if we got the same production out of an almost UDFA going forward.
Well it cost us a first rounder to get him. Jason Peters was a top LT in the game already.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it cost us a first rounder to get him. Jason Peters was a top LT in the game already.
the point of that was you don't have to be a top 10 pick

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the point of that was you don't have to be a top 10 pick

It’s a good point. The UDFA game has evolved greatly....and we have been pretty smart ones helping that evolution.

All of that said...and it’s just hunch in November...but I would expect come spring I will hope the first rounder is spent on the lines and later picks on skill needs (though I can see a strong case already for first round secondary being addressed).

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather keep Tate than Agholor. I like Aggy, but Love Tate! Just me. I doubt we keep both next year. If we make the playoffs (which we will), I think Tate will want to stay here. There will be several vets who won't be here next year, so I think Howie will have the cap room for Tate.
Tate wants 15 million per year. Too much for a guy turning 31 yrs old.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a good point. The UDFA game has evolved greatly....and we have been pretty smart ones helping that evolution.

All of that said...and it’s just hunch in November...but I would expect come spring I will hope the first rounder is spent on the lines and later picks on skill needs (though I can see a strong case already for first round secondary being addressed).
Two years ago, they addressed the secondary with Sidney Jones (2) and Rasul Douglas (3). How many more picks are they supposed to spend on the secondary?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate wants 15 million per year. Too much for a guy turning 31 yrs old.

Where did you hear that? I think we can sign him for 5 years @ $10-12 per. I could be wrong, and I think he wants to win, and not just go for the dollar. With him, we have 3 top WRs, plus 2 great TE's. We will win a lot of games with that talent.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you hear that? I think we can sign him for 5 years @ $10-12 per. I could be wrong, and I think he wants to win, and not just go for the dollar. With him, we have 3 top WRs, plus 2 great TE's. We will win a lot of games with that talent.
Nj.com says he wants Landry money.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate is probably the most underrated wr in the league. You guys will love this half year and you might even sign him back.

That boy is softer than Charmin. Should fit in nicely with his new team.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That boy is softer than Charmin. Should fit in nicely with his new team.

Tate is soft? The guy has led the league in yards after catch the last 4 years and he never missed a game with the Lions.

How is that soft?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate is soft? The guy has led the league in yards after catch the last 4 years and he never missed a game with the Lions.

How is that soft?

Well, he did lead the Lions to........................

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is that we will find out how good - or how bad - Tate is - NEXT Sunday night.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that's over-paying.
This team is not going to compete for the bowl. We're just not in the same class as NO and LA.
The only way it makes any sense is if they think it will be cheaper to sign tate than agholor. Agholor has not been as productive primarily because they' spent the first 5 weeks moving him around and because we have a non-existent running game. he plays in those spaces behind the lb's and if they're not respecting the run his work area gets much smaller.

Unless I missed it you have the same team, plus Wentz and others, from last year's team that won it all. Sure repeating is really difficult and probably won't happen but I'm not sure why you would feel on November 2nd that your team has no chance to win it all.

I think we can both agree the Redskins are frauds and won't be there at the end, I see the Birds winning this crap division. So I kind of like this trade from your perspective, it was a big need and the majority of 3rd round picks don't really have an impact anyway.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nj.com says he wants Landry money.

Saw it, thanks. Speculation.Could be true, but at worst, we get a good comp pick, and he helps us this year. I'm optimistic Howie can work out a deal to keep him 4 or 5 years. He is a quality person from what I can tell.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I missed it you have the same team, plus Wentz and others, from last year's team that won it all. Sure repeating is really difficult and probably won't happen but I'm not sure why you would feel on November 2nd that your team has no chance to win it all.

I think we can both agree the Redskins are frauds and won't be there at the end, I see the Birds winning this crap division. So I kind of like this trade from your perspective, it was a big need and the majority of 3rd round picks don't really have an impact anyway.

I'm not a fan of the trade because it doesn't materially change the arc of the team.
Giving up a third for an 8 game rental that doesn't materially change the arc of the team doesn't seem like a great idea. It does make them better but...

1) Their defense isn't good enough. Statistically they look good but the defense has been given leads, good leads in the 4th quarter and blown them.
2) They don't have a running game.
3) The offensive line isn't good enough.

So they can get to the playoffs but they aren't in the same class as LAR or NO.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Morning Football (NFL Network), they sad that Tate to the Eagles will have the greatest impact of any of the previous trades.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of the trade because it doesn't materially change the arc of the team.
Giving up a third for an 8 game rental that doesn't materially change the arc of the team doesn't seem like a great idea. It does make them better but...

1) Their defense isn't good enough. Statistically they look good but the defense has been given leads, good leads in the 4th quarter and blown them.
2) They don't have a running game.
3) The offensive line isn't good enough.

So they can get to the playoffs but they aren't in the same class as LAR or NO.

Agreed totally with those three points. They are exactly the reasons we are 4-4. Hell, the defense could reasonably hold the blame that we are not 6-2 at this point.

Lack of any decent running game at points has led to a one dimensional offense with the wolves flying without fear at Wentz (made worse by the afformentioned Oline injury and depth issues).

As for “does Tate materially change the arc of this team”? You can certainly have an opinion on how that will go; respect to that. But at this point no one knows. I’m believing more and more that he will help the run the rest of this year. With Jeffrey, Tate, Nelly, Ertz and Goedert running around out there.....having a very accurate Wentz throwing to them....teams will have to play back and respect that. This can only help when you want to move Smallwood, Clement or Adams into making the run game contribute. It can help open the run up.

The only real threat to that is the Oline. Have to get guys back and have consistency there. Otherwise you are taking RB or TE out of passing plays to a degree as they need to sit back and chip and help guys like Vitai and Semaulo.