• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Golden Tate is an Eagle

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They needed help in the passing game. Scoring is down almost a TD per game from last season.

Tate can score TDs. I like this move.
what's their turnover differential compared to this time last year?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10, went from +5 to -5.

3 more turnovers, 7 less takeaways.

Yeah....Tate doesn't help the takeaway discrepancy, but he could help the giveaways, perhaps. The increase in giveaways is totally tied to things like Oline issues (less time to find the right throw) and weakened running game (throwing more). That said....the INTs I have seen lately is Wentz trying to do too much and force things in. With an additional weapon on the outside it won't help pressure on the QB or the running game, per se. But it will force the coverage to spread more across the field and make for better throwing options that show up more quickly.....in theory.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....Tate doesn't help the takeaway discrepancy, but he could help the giveaways, perhaps. The increase in giveaways is totally tied to things like Oline issues (less time to find the right throw) and weakened running game (throwing more). That said....the INTs I have seen lately is Wentz trying to do too much and force things in. With an additional weapon on the outside it won't help pressure on the QB or the running game, per se. But it will force the coverage to spread more across the field and make for better throwing options that show up more quickly.....in theory.
He'll help the takeaways too by putting opposing offenses in worse situations.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate is a great remedy for a struggling pass protection unit as his forte is getting open quickly in the short range area (much like Julian Edelman for Brady). New England's Offense is built around getting the ball out of Brady's hands quickly and having guys get the most after the catch. Tate will bring that to this Offense ... he has a knack for making guys miss and getting those all important YAC.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate is a great remedy for a struggling pass protection unit as his forte is getting open quickly in the short range area (much like Julian Edelman for Brady). New England's Offense is built around getting the ball out of Brady's hands quickly and having guys get the most after the catch. Tate will bring that to this Offense ... he has a knack for making guys miss and getting those all important YAC.

We had Tate the last 4 1/2 years. He has led the NFL in YAC each year. He has unbelievable hands, to the point, you are shocked if he drops a ball.

The Eagle fans wanting him on the outside — he is definitely most beneficial in the slot. He will make the tough catches over the middle and isn’t afraid of taking a hit.

Eagle fans will love Tate by the end of the year. He produces on the field (99, 90, 92, 91 catches in 4 years w/ Detroit) and he will be Wentz best friend on 3rd downs. Teams KNOW it is coming his way and he still finds ways to get open.

I’d bet he will become the most productive WR for Philly the rest of the year. Jeffry will he more tds, but Tate will become a favorite for Wentz. Detroit threw to him on 28% of our passing plays.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had Tate the last 4 1/2 years. He has led the NFL in YAC each year. He has unbelievable hands, to the point, you are shocked if he drops a ball.

The Eagle fans wanting him on the outside — he is definitely most beneficial in the slot. He will make the tough catches over the middle and isn’t afraid of taking a hit.

Eagle fans will love Tate by the end of the year. He produces on the field (99, 90, 92, 91 catches in 4 years w/ Detroit) and he will be Wentz best friend on 3rd downs. Teams KNOW it is coming his way and he still finds ways to get open.

I’d bet he will become the most productive WR for Philly the rest of the year. Jeffry will he more tds, but Tate will become a favorite for Wentz. Detroit threw to him on 28% of our passing plays.

Appreciate the info ... I think this is a win/win for both teams.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate the info ... I think this is a win/win for both teams.
Without a doubt — Detroit was losing him at the end of the year. So philly gave them a 3rd round pick and get the benefit of his talents the rest of the year.

If they don’t resign him — Philly would get a comp pick for him in 2020. Most likely a 4th. So essentially Philly loses a pick next year but picks up an extra in 2020. Or they resign him.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather keep Tate than Agholor. I like Aggy, but Love Tate! Just me. I doubt we keep both next year. If we make the playoffs (which we will), I think Tate will want to stay here. There will be several vets who won't be here next year, so I think Howie will have the cap room for Tate.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Peters retires this off season ... so that will be a big chunk coming off. I also think Rd 1 of the Draft will be OT.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BPA, Rey! Good thing is we have a 1 and two 2's. 3 primo picks. Now that we got Tate, I think we get 1 OT, 1 DT, 1 S or 1 DE in the those picks, in no particular order. We may get a S in free agency.
I think Peters, Graham, Long, Ngata, Sproles, Wisniewski, and Wallace will not be back. That's a lot of cap savings. I would extend Tate if we let Agholor leave, unless Howie can fit both in cap space.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Peters retires this off season ... so that will be a big chunk coming off. I also think Rd 1 of the Draft will be OT.
Without a doubt OT will be a first rounder. I think Howie may be aggressive in the draft and move up for a stud as well. I will do some research for possible OTs coming out. Foles and Peters will come off the books. I'm not even concerned about the cap. If Tate pans out, we will lock him up.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt OT will be a first rounder. I think Howie may be aggressive in the draft and move up for a stud as well. I will do some research for possible OTs coming out. Foles and Peters will come off the books. I'm not even concerned about the cap. If Tate pans out, we will lock him up.
I think they already have Seamalu penciled in as the start starting next.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll help the takeaways too by putting opposing offenses in worse situations.

Well said. I didnt think of that.

It’s all about getting ahead early enough to help the D. Having Tate added in only improves the chances of doing that more often.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here are the best OT's on my list:
Jonah Williams, Ala.
Greg Little, miss.
David Edwards, Wisc.

I agree that OT could be our 1st pick, but I believe in taking the BPA The draft is heavy with DT/DL talent, and I do not want to reach. Rookie OT's are risky, IMO.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the best OT's on my list:
Jonah Williams, Ala.
Greg Little, miss.
David Edwards, Wisc.

I agree that OT could be our 1st pick, but I believe in taking the BPA The draft is heavy with DT/DL talent, and I do not want to reach. Rookie OT's are risky, IMO.
Agree. Historically the Eagles seem to draft BPA (exception of a couple Andy Reid later years).

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've gotta look at the overall past and current quality of the player, and even his immediate passion for wanting to play for the birds. Tate stays healthy even at 5'10" and just under 200 pounds; word is his physique allows him to wriggle out of tackles. He played in 16 games each of his 8 years with Seattle and Detroit and committed just one fumble each year! LOL!

He catches 70% of balls targeting him and made 90 receptions in each of his 4 full years with Detroit, '14-'17, while averaging 1,000 yards. I'm fucken excited! Another tool for Wentz! Super Bowl LIII! Thanks, Howie! :clap: No damn game until the 11th. :bored2: :drink:

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe that I'm saying this about a 7th rounder - BUT - let's see how good Mailata is at OT.

Since April, I have been wanting the Eagles to get a WR. If Tate works out then the offense will be better, which should make the defense better.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Historically the Eagles seem to draft BPA (exception of a couple Andy Reid later years).

This was actually one of the things I always liked about Reid. Yes, skills positions were often the overlook that drove me nuts....but the importance of drafting linemen high was always something I agreed with, and still do.

And the comment about Reid stressing OL high picks later in his Eagles run needs some context. Tra Thomas was drafted 11th pick one year before Reid got there....a bit later they signed Runyon. At least as OT went we were already set up there early in Reid’s run. But other linemen were taken early (like Corey Simon....later Fletcher Cox) were taken early.

I’m all for BPA like they have done the last few years. But when you need a position like OT I always believe you grab one early and at a premium as the talent level often drops off much faster than skill positions do.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was actually one of the things I always liked about Reid. Yes, skills positions were often the overlook that drove me nuts....but the importance of drafting linemen high was always something I agreed with, and still do.

And the comment about Reid stressing OL high picks later in his Eagles run needs some context. Tra Thomas was drafted 11th pick one year before Reid got there....a bit later they signed Runyon. At least as OT went we were already set up there early in Reid’s run. But other linemen were taken early (like Corey Simon....later Fletcher Cox) were taken early.

I’m all for BPA like they have done the last few years. But when you need a position like OT I always believe you grab one early and at a premium as the talent level often drops off much faster than skill positions do.
it takes a mix and sometimes getting lucky. we've had an UDFA man the position to great success for many years now, I'd be cool if we got the same production out of an almost UDFA going forward.