• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy bringing up shit people said in December before the Cavs added 3 important players. The Cavs roster from November and December would have been eliminated by Chicago. Also who are all these people that picked ATL? Almost everyone on here picked the Cavs. I remember at most 2 or 3 people excluding the Hawks fan who actually picked ATL.

Bringing up people picking the Bulls is stupid also. Cavs fan once Love went down and JR got suspended didn't think they stood much of a chance vs Chicago either so cut the bullshit

I hear you, but to be fair... not many people were picking the Cavs in Feb in our Finals Prediction Thread or at the start of the playoffs in our Playoff Prediction Thread

Just saying I don't think its accurate to say people weren't picking the Cavs because of the trade or because of the Love injury. Plenty of you didn't think they'd get this far. Nothing wrong with that, there were some reasons not to. We've all been wrong more than we've been right. Lets just be real.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, they will have to double him. Problem Cavs have nobody that can cover Curry and Thompson.

Yeah, that's the thing. With Love out, the Warriors can afford to double off of other players to try and slow Lebron down a little. The Cavs can't really double off of anyone to slow Curry and/or Thompson.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious?

Shumpert can guard one of those guys and do a pretty good job, I have no doubt about that. Then whichever one he guards Smith, a decent defender or James can guard the other one. The goal should be to push them off the 3-pt line and let them drive they arent as effective inside.

The Warriors should pray that the Cavs try to use Lebron to cover Curry or Thompson. The more they use that tactic, the better for the Warriors.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought this description from another site on how the Cavs Warriors Finals is like every sports movie was pretty funny.

2w6rqdl.png

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors should pray that the Cavs try to use Lebron to cover Curry or Thompson. The more they use that tactic, the better for the Warriors.

At times he will, I expect him to play the 4 a lot and guarding Barnes or Green.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's the thing. With Love out, the Warriors can afford to double off of other players to try and slow Lebron down a little. The Cavs can't really double off of anyone to slow Curry and/or Thompson.

Really? Love would be one of several guys GS would have to be very worried about if they try to double off. If you leave one of Kyrie, JR Smith, or even Shumpert open from 3, you will pay for it more than likely. The Cavs have 4 guys averaging double figures scoring and two other guys averaging over 9ppg.

JR on Thompson would not be optimal, but it would be fine. Smith is slightly bigger and just as long, and he has played very solid defense since coming to Cleveland. Lebron on Thompson would neutralize Thompson but we'd have to make sure Curry is taken care of. Thompson can cover Green and after that, there aren't really any other guys who can torch you on GS.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At times he will, I expect him to play the 4 a lot and guarding Barnes or Green.

I think that would be smarter. Lebron is still a great player and imo, the best player in the game. But this is not the same Lebron that was able to guard D. Rose for long stretches like when he was in Miami. He's older now and has A LOT more miles on him than he did then.

It's not a knock on Lebron either, the same thing happened to Kobe when the miles started taking their toll.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having watched both in their entirety I have no idea what you saw to lead you to that conclusion.

Going to take a guess that you did not see the videos Shump & JR uploaded to Instagram that night

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to take a guess that you did not see the videos Shump & JR uploaded to Instagram that night

Well, yeah, I saw that. But I don't think its fair to compare something the Cavs players were doing away from the media with how the Warriors were behaving in front of the media. I'm sure the Warriors players were plenty happy last night and had themselves a good time.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, but to be fair... not many people were picking the Cavs in Feb in our Finals Prediction Thread or at the start of the playoffs in our Playoff Prediction Thread

Just saying I don't think its accurate to say people weren't picking the Cavs because of the trade or because of the Love injury. Plenty of you didn't think they'd get this far. Nothing wrong with that, there were some reasons not to. We've all been wrong more than we've been right. Lets just be real.

Yes most picked the Bulls but find me one person excluding DJ who actually thought the Wizards were better than the Cavs February or later.

Good luck also finding 5-10 people on here who actually picked ATL to win the series. Haters or not everyone on here has picked Cleveland to win every series except the Bulls series who cavs fans probably didn't think they would have won if you gave them the lie detector test before game 1 of that series

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes most picked the Bulls but find me one person excluding DJ who actually thought the Wizards were better than the Cavs February or later.

Good luck also finding 5-10 people on here who actually picked ATL to win the series. Haters or not everyone on here has picked Cleveland to win every series except the Bulls series who cavs fans probably didn't think they would have won if you gave them the lie detector test before game 1 of that series

I won't argue against any of that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No I haven't. Is it as goofy as Miami's Harlem Shake (or is that shuffle?) video from a few years ago? When I saw that I laughed my ass off. Funny stuff.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State in 5 games

I'll probably root for Lebron because he will likely get eviscerated if he loses again.

But, Golden state just looks a lot better...and they have a nearly invincible homecourt advantage

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Love would be one of several guys GS would have to be very worried about if they try to double off. If you leave one of Kyrie, JR Smith, or even Shumpert open from 3, you will pay for it more than likely. The Cavs have 4 guys averaging double figures scoring and two other guys averaging over 9ppg.

JR on Thompson would not be optimal, but it would be fine. Smith is slightly bigger and just as long, and he has played very solid defense since coming to Cleveland. Lebron on Thompson would neutralize Thompson but we'd have to make sure Curry is taken care of. Thompson can cover Green and after that, there aren't really any other guys who can torch you on GS.

Doubling off of JR, Shump or even Kyrie is not the same as doubling off of Love. The Cavs haven't faced a defense like the Warriors. The Warriors have also played at least 2 defenses that are better than the defense the Cavs play.

Lebron on Thompson would work for stretches, but not as any kind of consistent strategy. Lebron has too many miles and the Cavs rely on him for too many other parts of their game. The guy is an athletic freak, but he's also human.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors in 7....Cleveland is almost as good, and LBJ is the best player in the game still. If Cleveland had Love still they'd be slight favorites. HFA gives the Ws the edge. Also, and I hate to say it, Cleveland remains the most cursed sports city there is. No way the sports gods give them a ring.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State in 5 games

I'll probably root for Lebron because he will likely get eviscerated if he loses again.

But, Golden state just looks a lot better...and they have a nearly invincible homecourt advantage

Not in the playoffs, they have lost 2 already at home and had two just in the Houston series that was close. Still great, but not nearly as good as the regular season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubling off of JR, Shump or even Kyrie is not the same as doubling off of Love. The Cavs haven't faced a defense like the Warriors. The Warriors have also played at least 2 defenses that are better than the defense the Cavs play.

Lebron on Thompson would work for stretches, but not as any kind of consistent strategy. Lebron has too many miles and the Cavs rely on him for too many other parts of their game. The guy is an athletic freak, but he's also human.

You can look at Houston's defensive numbers from the regular season but you damn well know that their defense fell asleep at times. Now their post defense looked good but you had Smith, Terry, and Harden defending the perimeter. That isnt good. Cleveland has James, Shumpert, and Smith. Kyrie doesnt count bc he is on one leg :shocked: :whistle:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors in 7....Cleveland is almost as good, and LBJ is the best player in the game still. If Cleveland had Love still they'd be slight favorites. HFA gives the Ws the edge. Also, and I hate to say it, Cleveland remains the most cursed sports city there is. No way the sports gods give them a ring.

But they have the Savior that came back rising from the dead. :laugh3: