• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget, the Spurs and Greg Popovich led the resurgence of team-oriented basketball in the post-Kobe era. Thank God.

And the Spurs could have contended this year. They might have beaten the Cavs, though I doubt they would have beaten the W's.

ESPN, and the media that follows their lead, don't like the W's and the Spurs, because it's easier to create sound bites about individual heroes than about teams. The carries over to the simpletons who populate these boards, with their endless arguments about whether Kobe, LeBron or MJ was greater.

And here you are, dumbing down with the rest of us. :pound:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAHAHAH

thats pretty hilarious coming from you- considering LAD stands for LAKERS ALL DAY and your sudden die-hardness to the Warriors. Stick to keepin the baby daddy's straight LAD....you have your hands full in that department

Oh look, the Westbrook OKC fan is back.

GTFO, you're not wanted here and never have been. And now you've been exposed as a fraud.

No one is buying your bullshit anymore. I didn't think was possible for you to be less respected than you already were.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to LA sports radio today and almost everyone said it was ridiculous that Iguodala got the Finals MVP award. They compared it to giving the award to Robert Horry, Rick Fox, or Trevor Ariza. They agreed that Iggy played great but said it was Steph that clearly drives everything the Warriors do(which is pretty obvious). Iguodala was their MVP "among the supporting cast for the W's" but not the Finals MVP in their opinion. Definitely, a minor point of contention but interesting to hear their takes nonetheless.

If it weren't for Iguodala, the Cavs would probably be champions right now. Iguodala's finals numbers aren't far off of Steph's, if memory serves. Also, Steph didn't have to guard Lebron a majority of the series.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you get Alan Turing to crack the code that Russell Westbrook is my favorite player outside of Kyrie? Did Jason Bourne fight through a pack of KGB Agents to figure that one out? I got it- Stephen Hawking developed a complex equation that did it! LOL

OR. a simple examination of my posts from various months would have led you to find it in no time.

March 5th, 2015
I would give RW the MVPright now.....he has always been just about my favorite player in the league....him and Kyrie.
no one in the league plays harder than RW now that Kobe is gone.

Feb 25th 2015
Back then I was backing RW a lot- and the same skepticism taht Kyrie is met with was brought against RW......clearly I have been totally vindicated on that one

March 5, 2015
I think he is the funnest player in the league to watch. I like that he went to UCLA, and people scoffed at him going 4th overall too.
He was my favorite player in the entire league, until Kyrie came along, and even though I objectively know RW is a lot better right now, the Cavs fan in my has Kyrie as my favorite- all though RW is definitely #2.

March25th
Westbrook was my favorite player in the league- (now hes #2 to Kyrie)- for a long time- even years back- and just a few years back A LOT of people were on his back- WHICH WAS RIDICULOUS. Right now RW is what?26 years old? He has really just hit his prime -

August 3rd
I know I followed OKC really close in the West when the Cavs were down since Russel Westbrook is my favorite player in the league that is not a Cav---- and he is REALLY close to even CAvs players..............I think RW is the funnest player in the entire league to watch play

I get it--- people need to push their agendas and make stuff up. Whenever i said any of this before it doesnt rate---- but when people need to push their agendas it goes from being sports talk to being blasphemy. Unreal, lol

It's shit like this that makes me think the only time you'll ever get laid is if you catch your mom off guard.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Cleveland has more problems. Several outlets are reporting Love and James are opting out of their contracts. James is expected to re-sign but nothing is guaranteed. Looks like Love is had enough and apparently James might re-think some things as well. Here is one link.

LeBron James, Kevin Love expected to opt out of contracts with Cavaliers - SBNation.com

That can't be (gasp). Love said he would stay in Cleveland over a month ago. You mean he lied the whole time....shocker.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were always going to opt out- even if they have won the championship and KNEW they were coming back. Its how the CBA works. They get bigger raises if they opt out then if they pick up their options. If Love opted in he would get paid 16.7 million next year- if he OPTS out - and signs a 1 year deal he gets paid slightly over 19 million.

There is absolutely ZERO chance LeBron leaves. As for Love- I have heard conflicting reports- but everything he has said leads me to believe he will resign- not that that means something. And I mean- Love will get paid the most here in Cleveland since they have his Bird Rights, and there is no better place he could go to in order to win.

I dont know about you- but I have not seen a player take less money to go to a situation where he is less likely to win very often. -Doesnt mean it cant happen- I think there is a real chance Love leaves- Right now i would ballpark it at 2/3rds stay- 1/3rd go. We shall see in less than 2 weeks probably. If Love does leave I feel comfortable that TT can step in to that spot after what we saw from him in the playoffs- but I must admit- watching this version of TT that has really gotten better playing with Love would be amazing to watch them destroy other teams on the glass- especially teams without real centers.

I'm not guessing or implying that Love is leaving BUT IF he did, it would be a devastating blow IMO because:

1. I'm no cap expert, but I don't believe they could give that amount of salary to a replacement player.
2. It would be the first player to be telling James FU vs treating the opportunity to play with him like its the end all.
3. They would have given up Wiggins and all those other assets for nothing.

And yes, Love couldn't make as much next season somewhere else, but he could sign the same type of contract with an opt out after next season and then get a full max the following year.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can't be (gasp). Love said he would stay in Cleveland over a month ago. You mean he lied the whole time....shocker.

ain't you heard? ALL this shit is etched in stone...from Cleveland's 70 win season all the way to 5 trips to the finals. we ALL have it on good authority...:pound:

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have as much info as the rest of us, but its entirely possible he just opted out to sign a long term deal...

he might be gone, but opting out doesn't necessarily mean that is the case. Kind of curious to see what lebron does? I thought his plan would be to opt in and then resign the max when the new tv contract is ready (which is a move that will kill the cavs IMO, they'll be paying him wayyy too much on the downside of his career)

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have as much info as the rest of us, but its entirely possible he just opted out to sign a long term deal...

he might be gone, but opting out doesn't necessarily mean that is the case. Kind of curious to see what lebron does? I thought his plan would be to opt in and then resign the max when the new tv contract is ready (which is a move that will kill the cavs IMO, they'll be paying him wayyy too much on the downside of his career)

I doubt Love is opting out to sign a long term deal anywhere. I think he'll sign a 1 year deal for this season and then opt out again and sign a bigger deal after next season.

The question is where he will sign. Does he re-sign with Cleveland for 1 more year to see if things work out better? Or is he done with Cleveland and signs a 1 year deal with someone else?

Also, if he truly wants to stay in Cleveland, why do the opt out and sign a 1 year deal that will only get him less than $3 million dollars more? I get that $3 million is a lot of money, but when you consider he's due nearly $17 million, it's really not that much more.

Also, how badly do the Cavs want him? TT has earned himself a fat raise and as Turnup mentioned on another thread, how much money do the Cavs want to tie up in 1 position?

I agree about paying Lebron too much on the downside of his career. But the Cavs really don't have a choice. He's their only shot at winning a title anytime soon, if ever, so they sold their soul to him.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Love is opting out to sign a long term deal anywhere. I think he'll sign a 1 year deal for this season and then opt out again and sign a bigger deal after next season.

The question is where he will sign. Does he re-sign with Cleveland for 1 more year to see if things work out better? Or is he done with Cleveland and signs a 1 year deal with someone else?

Also, if he truly wants to stay in Cleveland, why do the opt out and sign a 1 year deal that will only get him less than $3 million dollars more? I get that $3 million is a lot of money, but when you consider he's due nearly $17 million, it's really not that much more.

Also, how badly do the Cavs want him? TT has earned himself a fat raise and as Turnup mentioned on another thread, how much money do the Cavs want to tie up in 1 position?

I agree about paying Lebron too much on the downside of his career. But the Cavs really don't have a choice. He's their only shot at winning a title anytime soon, if ever, so they sold their soul to him.

agree.

I think it'll be interesting. I think the loss of Love (while annoying) isn't as catastrophic as we once thought, although the more painful thought is that they essentially lost 5 years of rookie contract wiggins if love leaves. thats the thought that hurts. If they can find a stretch 4 type at much cheaper than love and sign TT to a mid teens deal they'd still be in good shape IMO

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree.

I think it'll be interesting. I think the loss of Love (while annoying) isn't as catastrophic as we once thought, although the more painful thought is that they essentially lost 5 years of rookie contract wiggins if love leaves. thats the thought that hurts. If they can find a stretch 4 type at much cheaper than love and sign TT to a mid teens deal they'd still be in good shape IMO

Hadn't thought about that. You're right. If Love walks, it will look worse than it will likely be on the court. Mainly because they will have essentially given up Wiggins for nothing. I said before that I think Love's ability to shoot the 3 is easier to replace than TT's defense. Especially when you consider that they're pretty much the same guy on the boards as far as rebounds per game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree.

TT turned down 52/4.

James will make sure he gets a max or near max.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 40 games that Love played with the Cavs... they went 37-3.

Its hard for me to imagine Love looking at that - along with their playoff success without key players - and not wanting to stick with it. But I'm not Love, so who knows. We'll just have to wait and see.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hadn't thought about that. You're right. If Love walks, it will look worse than it will likely be on the court. Mainly because they will have essentially given up Wiggins for nothing. I said before that I think Love's ability to shoot the 3 is easier to replace than TT's defense. Especially when you consider that they're pretty much the same guy on the boards as far as rebounds per game.

The fact the Cavs did what they did without Love means they could replace him pretty easily imo. They just can't lose him AND TT.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 40 games that Love played with the Cavs... they went 37-3.

Its hard for me to imagine Love looking at that - along with their playoff success without key players - and not wanting to stick with it. But I'm not Love, so who knows. We'll just have to wait and see.

Geez. That's pretty crazy.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it weren't for Iguodala, the Cavs would probably be champions right now. Iguodala's finals numbers aren't far off of Steph's, if memory serves. Also, Steph didn't have to guard Lebron a majority of the series.

Steph was double, triple teamed, iguodala was left wide open. Lol