• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the league make Lebron go through concussion tests? if that was anyother player that hit their head like that and came up bleeding and said they had a headache. They would have been held out of the game and been tested.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs had a good strategy, let the role players beat us and they showed up.
Iggy a ridiculous 22 points
Draymond 17 points
Barnes 14 points

The Cavs shot horrible 33% and 14% from 3.

At least Curry (8-17 22 points) and Klay (9 points on 9 attempts) didnt dominate and they denied them the ball, that was the Cavs plan, it just backfired.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was reading something last night. Its just the view of one writer, but it was interesting. (I cant find the link now to where i read it). Could Lebrons secret motivation be that if the Cavs win, he will retire. He will go out just like Jim Brown did and go on top of his game. That way he accomplished his mission and brought a championship to Cleveland. That way the comparisons between him and Jordan will continue forever because there will always be that "what if he continued" scenario.

I doubt thats what it is, but it is an interesting thought.

Another interesting thought is what if Lebron's secret motivation is that he's an alien from the Pleiades star cluster, whose race intends to terraform the Earth, but first they need a certain amount of a rare metal that is only found in NBA Championship Trophies.

I heard @WiggyRuss is "all in":

attachment.php

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the league make Lebron go through concussion tests? if that was anyother player that hit their head like that and came up bleeding and said they had a headache. They would have been held out of the game and been tested.

While watching that business, and considering how they all have mouth guards, and get injured and whatnot, I've come to the conclusion that, generally speaking, basketball players are pussies.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you there. They have to be the biggest pussies in all of sports.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im predicting (and hoping) easy Warriors win in game 5.

Not to beat a dead horse, :deadhorse:, but why no minutes for (especially) Miller(I know he played a couple), Marion or Perk?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the other day there was some discussion about the price of tickets to The Finals.

I spoke to a friend of mine who has floor seats at The Q -- literally, floor seats, front row -- and she sold her two tickets to Tuesday's game for $46,000. Unfuckingreal. She listed them online at $23k each, for James' number, and someone bought them.

Odd thing is, she listed last night's game for $30k each, but the highest bid she got was $6k each, so they went to the game.

23K each seems VERY HIGH for a game 1.
The 6K is low.

I always say it only takes 1 to buy, but it seems to me that whoever bought for the 23 could have bought for much less elsewhere.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im predicting (and hoping) easy Warriors win in game 5.

Not to beat a dead horse, :deadhorse:, but why no minutes for (especially) Miller(I know he played a couple), Marion or Perk?

Miller cant defend, but you think they would give guys rest at least. What is up with Marion, I dont get that. Perk is a bad matchup, unless he played Bogut, who wont be on the court much anymore.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
23K each seems VERY HIGH for a game 1.
The 6K is just about right.

I always say it only takes 1 to buy, but it seems to me that whoever bought for the 23 could have bought for much less elsewhere.

What do you mean, game 1? Wasn't it game 3?

Regardless, my friend is pretty psyched. Apparently, there were 50+ private jets at the Cleveland airport Wednesday morning.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it me, or did it seem like maybe Dellavadova let his reputation run away with him last night? I admittedly don't know shit about basketball, but it looked like he was playing as if he thought he was a superstar.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller cant defend, but you think they would give guys rest at least. What is up with Marion, I dont get that. Perk is a bad matchup, unless he played Bogut, who wont be on the court much anymore.

Miller never could defend, but we kept hearing (the total bullshit) that James needed him here.
If James needed him here (total bullshit) when we had Allen, Battier, Lewis, etc.. the why wouldn't he be needing him now?

As far as the others, are they that totally useless that you can't find a way to mix/match 10-12 minutes vs having guys on the floor cramping up without even enough legs to shoot properly?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$23k each seems very high for any game, unless Usher actually ushers you to your seat and Dan Gilbert massages your ball bag whilst you watch the game.

Prices like that happen when its a championship clinching game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller never could defend, but we kept hearing (the total bullshit) that James needed him here.
If James needed him here (total bullshit) when we had Allen, Battier, Lewis, etc.. the why wouldn't he be needing him now?

As far as the others, are they that totally useless that you can't find a way to mix/match 10-12 minutes vs having guys on the floor cramping up without even enough legs to shoot properly?

I dont understand it either. I might have no choice at this point.