• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Golden State Warriors NBA Champions Parade Thread

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celebration is a very important part of our lives. They break up the hum drum parts of the year when family and friends come together eat,drink,and be merry. Celebrations remind us of the great things and feelings we have in our lives. So when one of our teams comes along and does something amazing by coming together to win a Championship ..it feels like a bonus celebration that other parts of the country sit back and have to watch us jump for joy and eat,drink,and be merry . It's a special time where special memories are made forever for those people who have been loyal following that team for years ...sometimes many years.

This year Warriors fans have a chance to jump with joy and celebrate their teams great Championship. A truly special year where the Warriors jumped out of the gate and never looked back. They made it to the mountain top and everyone wants to make it to the top at sometime in their own life. A parade celebration is where fans can stand on top especially for that Parade day when the whole world looks on wishing their team could get there. It's a release of frustrations and disappointments ...a form of relief that they can say their team won it all and no one could ever take that feeling away.

This has been a couple of stressful years for me. I missed two Christmas's in a row in a hospital bed dealing with my feet. You miss something when it's gone and it was a lonely place to be without family around celebrating that special day. I relish the celebrations in my life and it hurt not to be there.

My Dad passed away last July and was a big Warriors fan. We would sit around and watch all the games. He played basketball in High School and it was his favorite sport. He has been waiting for a special year like this to come along for a long time. Somehow I feel him around looking down and smiling. His team has finally won it all. Yeah he was around in 1975 but it was a little different back then. Sports have really exploded on the scene ..as more people are involved these days. They used to put the Finals on tape delay late at night on TV.

These Warriors were prime time viewing and the joy was passed from door to door as televisions shined bright on the brightest team of the year. A well fought battle to the top where only a few teams in sports get each year. Friday is Oakland and the whole Bay Area's day to jump for joy and celebrate with a Parade as the Warriors and their fans stand on top of the Mountain enjoying the beauty of the day that will live on in their memories forever.

It's also a great Father's Day gift for my Dad.

It would be a great day to say honey lets take the kids out of school today and create some memories .

I promise you it will be the best 3 day weekend of the year.

After the Parade Friday there is also the Centennial Celebration at City Hall in San Francisco from 6PM to 11PM at the Civic Center. Music will be sung...a Ferris Wheel for the kids..lots of food and drink. Sounds like a day to remember.It's also free to the public.

There is nothing like a Parade...where Dreams have come true. A special time for fans like me and you.

Go Warriors !!

:suds::clap:

on youtube...

Pharrell Williams - Happy - (Golden State Warriors Edition)

posted by Golden State Warriors

Ferris Bueller's Twist and Shout Scene

posted by Cineleoner's channel

(Dedicated to my Father)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post, Band of Brothers. I appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts, your recent experiences involving your dad, and your feelings about the Warriors' championship.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A perfect day,a perfect parade,a perfect team. Golden State Warriors 2014-15 World Champions. Enjoy !

on youtube...

Golden State Warriors Parade / Championship Celebration / June 19,2015

posted by LR Highlights

Steve Kerr at Warriors Championship Parade / June 15, 2015 / 2015 NBA Finals

posted by Jory Peto NBA

Entire Draymond Green Speech at Warriors Championship Parade

posted by Fan Jam

Klay Thompson Speech at Warriors Championship Parade / June 19, 2015/ 2015 NBA Finals

posted by Jory Peto NBA

Andre Iguodola Speech at Warriors Championship Parade / June 19, 2015/ 2015 NBA Finals

posted by Jory Peto NBA

Stephen Curry Speech at Warriors Championship Parade/ lune 19,2015/ 1015 NBA Finals

posted by Jory Peto

Aerosmith Dream On Midnight Special 1974

posted by danschutz

queen - we are the champions live at Wembley 86.flv

posted by Emanuel Aguilera

Go Warriors !!

:suds::clap: