• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going to Denver

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rocky Mountain Oysters maybe? I don't eat fried balls myself, but Bruce's bar in Severence (hour north of Denver) is supposed to be the place to go.

You can also go rafting that time of year near ft collins on the Poudre River. It's not as dangerous as the trips down on the Arky River, but still fun (and you can take younger kids).

Estes Park/RMNP is still a good place to view wildlife.

Nothing testicular for me. Only Oysters I'll eat are shell fish.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived there for 4 years and never ate at Casa Bonita. Now I'm upset.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.
I have been to Denver a couple of times...Airport - shuttle to hotel - conference - watch coworkers from around the country drink - conference again - shuttle -Airport.
I will fly the fam out on my last day there then spend d 4 or 5 days exploring the great state.
I had not thought of rafting. I will look into that.
I don't mind dropping $200 (for 4) or so on a memorable meal once if there is something that is a must try.
Local specialties I always try. Lobster rolls and whoopie pies in Maine, more lobster or clams in Mass, Crab cakes anywhere on the Chesapeake Bay, key lime pie in the Florida Keys, BBQ or Ribs in Texas KC or Memphis, Italian food if in Boston or NYC. Not sure what Colorado is known for...Elk?

Baseball....meh..

HAVE to drive Pikes Peak. WILL NOT LEAVE until I have done that.
My PM graduated from CSI many years ago and he recommended Woodland Park as a place to at least view wildlife. Still good?

Again, thank you.

If you like to fish Eleven Mile near Woodland Park is awesome.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to hijack a thread, but is there anything to do near Englewood?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rocky Mountain Oysters maybe? I don't eat fried balls myself, but Bruce's bar in Severence (hour north of Denver) is supposed to be the place to go.

You can also go rafting that time of year near ft collins on the Poudre River. It's not as dangerous as the trips down on the Arky River, but still fun (and you can take younger kids).

Estes Park/RMNP is still a good place to view wildlife.

When I first moved to CO. almost 10 years ago & found out what Rocky Mountian Oysters are I puked.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived there from 94 - 99 and from 2011 - 2015. Best place I have ever lived, believe me that is saying something.
The time of year you are going is great.

Catch a Rockies game, they suck, but the event is a great experience.

Not sure if Pudge Bros Pizza is still around, it was the best pizza of anywhere I have ever lived, and right now I live in Secaucus NJ, literally right across the river from Manhatten

Taste of Philly is great for cheese steaks and hoagies.

Estes Park is a great place to check out and wonder around

Look into what shows are at Red Rocks while you are there. I was there when Carlos Santan declared it Hallowed Grounds a few years ago. It is a great place o see a concert, definitely no where is as scenic.

Try Abo's on the hill in Boulder, great pizza, and Boulder is like no place else in this country. They have been celebrating April 20 (420), for years and years, long before it was legalized.

There are so many places in around Denver to see and experience, one thing I never did and wish I had, was checking out a gold mine. They have tours in Idaho City.

Last thing, if you get a chance to try elk, do it. It is the best meat I have ever had.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived there from 94 - 99 and from 2011 - 2015. Best place I have ever lived, believe me that is saying something.
The time of year you are going is great.

Catch a Rockies game, they suck, but the event is a great experience.

Not sure if Pudge Bros Pizza is still around, it was the best pizza of anywhere I have ever lived, and right now I live in Secaucus NJ, literally right across the river from Manhatten

Taste of Philly is great for cheese steaks and hoagies.

Estes Park is a great place to check out and wonder around

Look into what shows are at Red Rocks while you are there. I was there when Carlos Santan declared it Hallowed Grounds a few years ago. It is a great place o see a concert, definitely no where is as scenic.

Try Abo's on the hill in Boulder, great pizza, and Boulder is like no place else in this country. They have been celebrating April 20 (420), for years and years, long before it was legalized.

There are so many places in around Denver to see and experience, one thing I never did and wish I had, was checking out a gold mine. They have tours in Idaho City.

Last thing, if you get a chance to try elk, do it. It is the best meat I have ever had.

Thanks!

Gold mines and Elk.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I found funny when I got here to CO. is how some of the locals call Coors & Coors Light mountain goat piss.

Yeah, I was always more of that St. Louis Swill Budweiser myself.

At least when I was power drinking.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was always more of that St. Louis Swill Budweiser myself.

At least when I was power drinking.

I was a drinker for many years, Bud & tequila. Quit for 5 years. The started up again for about 8 months. And now it's been a little more than 2 years since my last drink. It just lost it's fun for me.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a drinker for many years, Bud & tequila. Quit for 5 years. The started up again for about 8 months. And now it's been a little more than 2 years since my last drink. It just lost it's fun for me.

March 7, 1993.

I sobered up sometime on March 9.

I think.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
March 7, 1993.

I sobered up sometime on March 9.

I think.

I don't miss drinking at all. Still have nearly a half a bottle of Don Julio 1942 that I'll never finish.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't miss drinking at all. Still have nearly a half a bottle of Don Julio 1942 that I'll never finish.

My wife enjoys a little bourbon, a little wine.
I enjoy my wife.