• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First trip to Denver

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno. George got hit by the Pony Express back then in his 30's.
That always brings up the 3 hour story about how George claims to have tackled Eric Dickerson on his way to church one Sunday.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t work there anymore, but if you or the wife love old school arcades, check out 1up about two blocks away from Coors Field. Great fun old school vibe, plus you can get hammered while playing Galaga or NFL Blitz.

Reactions: LGM

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t work there anymore, but if you or the wife love old school arcades, check out 1up about two blocks away from Coors Field. Great fun old school vibe, plus you can get hammered while playing Galaga or NFL Blitz.........
...or ski ball?

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would recommend staying somewhere Downtown for the game if you don't want to rent a car and drive assuming you are flying in. Take the lightrail from DIA to downtown Union station and bam you are in the heart of it. The south west side of downtown would be preferable as it is more "walkable" to the stadium 20-30 minutes which I think is walkable. Also from the downtown bus terminal they have tons of busses for cheap out to the stadium or you can take light rail to the stadium from Union Station downtown.

I love Jax for oysters and seafood downtown. Lots of other great restaurants and bars. Red Rocks is cool. So are many of the walks into the flat irons around boulder. Golden Gate state park by Golden is also pretty cool.

Enjoy it.