• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GOAT?

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many studs on defense of the bulls have?

Look at all the easy questions

Only dick riders use the term studs to describe athletes.

Were you a groupie for the '90s Bulls waiting outside their hotel?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only dick riders use the term studs to describe athletes.

Were you a groupie for the '90s Bulls waiting outside their hotel?

Yeah I'm sure that on the chess team you were on that's the case. What a retard

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L
Sure was. Best damn waterboy ever. Got anymore barbs you'd like to throw my way? I see this clearly means something to you.

Look at you go.

image.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
96 Bulls had 4 studs on defense. 3 of them in the group of best of all time and a 4th pretty dam good too. Which means nothing apparently.

"That high percentage jumpshot would just be too much for the Bulls"

:L

And so they talked about Golden State being the greatest before KD? But what happened did they validate their 73 win season? Have they won 3 in row twice? Easy questions

No they didn't validate it. But they did this year, doing something the Bulls never did. Only losing one game the entire playoffs.

And you continue to talk about Chicago having 3-4 of the greatest defensive players of all-time, but in their banner year, they ranked 3rd in the NBA in scoring defense. How is that possible?

Remember how big a deal it was when Jordan hit 6 three pointers in one half in 1992. The #3 option on offense for GSW hit 9 in one quarter. It is a different game now.

MJ was a transcendent talent who we most likely will never see in our lifetime, but GSW is a transcendent team and in basketball, it is a team game. GSW has much more talent and the mismatches would be ugly.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the one asking 20 questions back in previous posts

Look at you all squirm and deflect..but you love some dick ridin

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they didn't validate it. But they did this year, doing something the Bulls never did. Only losing one game the entire playoffs.

And you continue to talk about Chicago having 3-4 of the greatest defensive players of all-time, but in their banner year, they ranked 3rd in the NBA in scoring defense. How is that possible?

Remember how big a deal it was when Jordan hit 6 three pointers in one half in 1992. The #3 option on offense for GSW hit 9 in one quarter. It is a different game now.

MJ was a transcendent talent who we most likely will never see in our lifetime, but GSW is a transcendent team and in basketball, it is a team game. GSW has much more talent and the mismatches would be ugly.

HAS Golden State won three in a row or not?

And if three or four of the best defenders of all time in their prime finish #3 in the league what's that tell you?

Knicks were beasts on defense. Studs too :lol:

Are you saying that the Bulls D is overrated or that they were not good?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls lost to the Knicks in OT in the playoffs and had the Sonics down 3-0 on the finals in 96.

They lost 3 games. The Warriors lost 1 against a top heavy and watered down league.

Anyone think the NBA plays D these days? :lol:

The east? The Cavs team this year wasn't as good as last year's Cavs team, especially on defense

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's even more funny is that Golden State has not won three in a row mainly due to egghead Draymond Green. Cleveland figured out how to get in his head.

How many games would Rodman have Dray flipping out?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can argue about this all day, but at the end of the day it's an opinion. I value defense a lot more than most people in this chat room. I know what it's like to play a great defender and get locked down and how hard it is to get clean shots off

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can argue about this all day, but at the end of the day it's an opinion. I value defense a lot more than most people in this chat room. I know what it's like to play a great defender and get locked down and how hard it is to get clean shots off

My only issue with your stance is that its hard to gauge how the Bulls would play defense in this era, especially against a team like Golden State, cause they never even came close to facing offenses like in todays game

Their biggest challengers were the Knicks who had Ewing and a bunch of solid role players, or Reggie Miller and an offensively challenged supporting cast.....

Im halfway to agreeing with you, just cant go all the way because of the offenses they faced overall

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAS Golden State won three in a row or not?

And if three or four of the best defenders of all time in their prime finish #3 in the league what's that tell you?

Knicks were beasts on defense. Studs too :lol:

Are you saying that the Bulls D is overrated or that they were not good?

I'm saying you are overestimating how good the Bulls defense was -- don't get me wrong, they were very good, but calling them the best defenders of all time is ridiculous. Out of the entire time Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen played together, they won exactly one Defensive Player of the Year award - it was in 1988 in Pippen's rookie (Jordan won it). Rodman won 2 but long before he came to Chicago and in 1996 he was 35 years old.

I have no idea who the 4th guy is you are talking about, but GSW would be a team unlike anything Chicago had ever seen. The NBA isn't a half court offense, taking it to the basket league, rinse and repeat anymore. The players are bigger and faster, you have 7 footers sprinting up and down the floor, not lumbering like Cartwright or Luc Longley (I think that was their center)

If guys took shots where GSW regularly takes 3's back in the 90'z -- 25, 26, 27 feet out -- they'd be sitting on the bench. The only reason I say Chicago would win 1or 2 is that Jordan would be impossible to guard. In the 90's, you could decapitate a guy going to the rim and they still couldn't stop him. Today, he'd average 15+ FT a game.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only issue with your stance is that its hard to gauge how the Bulls would play defense in this era, especially against a team like Golden State, cause they never even came close to facing offenses like in todays game

Their biggest challengers were the Knicks who had Ewing and a bunch of solid role players, or Reggie Miller and an offensively challenged supporting cast.....

Im halfway to agreeing with you, just cant go all the way because of the offenses they faced overall

Your telling me great defenders cant be great in the current NBA? Good Lawd

The Bulls were not like the Knicks or Pistons as far as beastiality or beat downs. Bulls were in your face and physical for that time but not like other bruisers.

Acting like they couldn't adapt as great defenders and great bball players is so dumb

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the Warriors are champs, the debate can begin in earnest.

They won 73 games last year, and added KD who is easily their best player now and either 2nd or 3rd best in the entire league. They went 16-1 in the playoffs, setting an all time record (Lakers were 15-1). They play together brilliantly and just completely dismantled a very good Cavalier team.

I grew up as a huge Jordan fan, watching almost every game he played throughout the 90s. I have never seen a team as good as these Warriors. They are truly awesome. I think there are a couple teams throughout history who might have been capable of pushing them to the limit, but none are better, IMO.

The 2017 GOlden State Warriors are the GOAT IMO.
The '86 Celtics were pretty good too.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying you are overestimating how good the Bulls defense was -- don't get me wrong, they were very good, but calling them the best defenders of all time is ridiculous. Out of the entire time Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen played together, they won exactly one Defensive Player of the Year award - it was in 1988 in Pippen's rookie (Jordan won it). Rodman won 2 but long before he came to Chicago and in 1996 he was 35 years old.

I have no idea who the 4th guy is you are talking about, but GSW would be a team unlike anything Chicago had ever seen. The NBA isn't a half court offense, taking it to the basket league, rinse and repeat anymore. The players are bigger and faster, you have 7 footers sprinting up and down the floor, not lumbering like Cartwright or Luc Longley (I think that was their center)

If guys took shots where GSW regularly takes 3's back in the 90'z -- 25, 26, 27 feet out -- they'd be sitting on the bench. The only reason I say Chicago would win 1or 2 is that Jordan would be impossible to guard. In the 90's, you could decapitate a guy going to the rim and they still couldn't stop him. Today, he'd average 15+ FT a game.

Jordan Pippen Rodman were great defenders. All time greats. Harper is also a really good defender -- #23 all time in steals.

You all do realize that getting that many steals means these guys have quick hands and great anticipation right? Jordan #3, Pippen #6. All time

Go ask some people that actually played bball what they think. :L

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jordan has 9 all time NBA 1st team defense awards and has 1 DPOY

Pippen has 8

Rodman has 7 and 2 DPOY as a Piston

Who has more than 9 in their career? Anyone? :lol:

This is funny. You trying to discredit the Bulls D. Centers like the admiral, Hakeem, mutumbo back then won the majority of DPOY awards. The glove won 1 as well.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is like some comedy gold here.

Y'all need to go out and discuss this outside the chat room and talk to people who've actually played bball

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Warriors GOAT team discussion is still going there? I thought that would have ended after Game 4 when they gave up 50 points in a quarter and 86 points at the half along with 200 Turnovers.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The '86 Celtics were pretty good too.

A lot of great nasty teams you wouldn't want to face. That 30 for 30 Celtics Lakers was awesome. People easily forget how good Bird was.

How many points a game do the showtime Lakers score today? 110-120?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And y'all have convienty avoided my question on how Many games Draymond Quickie gets tossed in against Rodman.. I'd say he gets tossed in at least 1 and maybe suspended a game like last year. The worm would drive him crazy

Wtf did he do in the finals?