• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GOAT?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To this day, there still hasn't been but 1 team that had 3 players on first team all NBA defense in the same season

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan has 9 all time NBA 1st team defense awards and has 1 DPOY

Pippen has 8

Rodman has 7 and 2 DPOY as a Piston

Who has more than 9 in their career? Anyone? :lol:

This is funny. You trying to discredit the Bulls D. Centers like the admiral, Hakeem, mutumbo back then won the majority of DPOY awards. The glove won 1 as well.

Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett and Gary Payton have all been named to 9 first team all defense.

Kobe and Garnett have been named to 12 first or second all-defense teams (Jordan had 9). Tim Duncan was named to 15 first or second all- defense teams.

And I'm not discrediting anything -- I'm saying it is a completely different game today. To put it in perspective -- Reggie Miller led the NBA in 3 pointers made with 224 in 1996 or roughly 100 less than Curry made this year. Miller wouldn't even be in the top 10 in the NBA with 224. #2 in 3 pointers made this year -- Klay Thompson.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett and Gary Payton have all been named to 9 first team all defense.

Kobe and Garnett have been named to 12 first or second all-defense teams (Jordan had 9). Tim Duncan was named to 15 first or second all- defense teams.

And I'm not discrediting anything -- I'm saying it is a completely different game today. To put it in perspective -- Reggie Miller led the NBA in 3 pointers made with 224 in 1996 or roughly 100 less than Curry made this year. Miller wouldn't even be in the top 10 in the NBA with 224. #2 in 3 pointers made this year -- Klay Thompson.

Pippen had 8 first teams and 2 seconds Rodman I'm not for sure. Great perimeter D is what that Bulls team had like it or not

I'd love to see it. It is definitely a jump shooting league. Curry lights it up for sure. The Regular season? :lol: how good is that D tho? Seriously.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of great nasty teams you wouldn't want to face. That 30 for 30 Celtics Lakers was awesome. People easily forget how good Bird was.

How many points a game do the showtime Lakers score today? 110-120?
That was brilliantly done. I forgot so much about that rivalry. I'd forgotten completely about Len Bias.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they didn't validate it. But they did this year, doing something the Bulls never did. Only losing one game the entire playoffs.

And you continue to talk about Chicago having 3-4 of the greatest defensive players of all-time, but in their banner year, they ranked 3rd in the NBA in scoring defense. How is that possible?

Remember how big a deal it was when Jordan hit 6 three pointers in one half in 1992. The #3 option on offense for GSW hit 9 in one quarter. It is a different game now.

MJ was a transcendent talent who we most likely will never see in our lifetime, but GSW is a transcendent team and in basketball, it is a team game. GSW has much more talent and the mismatches would be ugly.
Yep. If they stay healthy and happy playing together, they'll win two more titles at least.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. If they stay healthy and happy playing together, they'll win two more titles at least.

I agree with you. But, it really does not matter if they do or not for this conversation.

We are talking about the 2017 Warriors as potentially the greatest single season team of all time. Their roster will Be different next year. Thy might not be as good, they might be better. Whatever happens in the future it has no bearing on how great this year's team was.

Now, if we are talking dynasty, then they need to win at least two more. That isn't what this conversation was supposed to be about though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen had 8 first teams and 2 seconds Rodman I'm not for sure. Great perimeter D is what that Bulls team had like it or not

I'd love to see it. It is definitely a jump shooting league. Curry lights it up for sure. The Regular season? :lol: how good is that D tho? Seriously.

I'm not saying they aren't a great defensive team. All I'm saying is -- the NBA is a completely different league now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying they aren't a great defensive team. All I'm saying is -- the NBA is a completely different league now.

People who claim that teams don't play defense today simply don't understand how much harder it is to defend today. In the 80s, you really only had to defend out to 18 feet. In the 90s that expanded a little. Today you have to defend out to 28 feet. That is very difficult.

The reality is that the state of defense in the NBA is about the same as ever. There are some teams that defend really well within the current rules, some that are average and some that are terrible defensively. It was the same in the 90s.

The difference then was that poor defesnsive teams that were good offensively got beat by good defensive teams that were poor offensively. Today it is the exact opposite. Just because Cleveland isn't good defensively does not mean that other teams from this era aren't. Also, there was no team from the 90s that couldn't hold a candle to the Cavs offensively. Not even the Bulls. But, I do think the Cavs would have a tough time playing in the 90s. The Warriors wouldn't. They can defend.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cavs in 6!

It'll be interesting to see how you post during next year's playoffs. Will you still be calling for 2 more titles or will you roll out the concern troll bs again. I guess we know you will post that you predicted whatever happens, after the fact.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Guarantee the Warriors win another title if SA reloads at the PG position which they obviously will.

For the Warriors to repeat they need to reload at the Center position and Thompson needs to EARN his fucking money instead of disappearing like some inconsistent role player.

And thats another thing, why are we comparing them to teams who 3-peated (A damn near impossible task only a few teams could do?)

Just repeating is tough enough but to 3-peat is one of the toughest feats ever in basketball.

Its why Kobe/Shaq Lakers are MJ's Bulls are far superior at this point. (Not to mention just flat out BETTER teams)

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Guarantee the Warriors win another title if SA reloads at the PG position which they obviously will.

For the Warriors to repeat they need to reload at the Center position and Thompson needs to EARN his fucking money instead of disappearing like some inconsistent role player.

And thats another thing, why are we comparing them to teams who 3-peated (A damn near impossible task only a few teams could do?)

Just repeating is tough enough but to 3-peat is one of the toughest feats ever in basketball.

Its why Kobe/Shaq Lakers are MJ's Bulls are far superior at this point. (Not to mention just flat out BETTER teams)

Klay had a decent series. For a 3rd option he averaged over 16 PPG, which is expected, especially with how the Warriors move the ball. On top of that, he was the primary defender on Irving. Which outside of game 4, he did a pretty good job on him this series.

2017 NBA Finals - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors | Basketball-Reference.com

As far as the Spurs go, they're going to have some issues to address. Manu's not under contract and may/may not retire. If they sign CP3, they may have to trade off assets given their salary projections in 2017-2018.

San Antonio Spurs Team Salary | Basketball Insiders | NBA Rumors And Basketball News

As far as 3-peating goes, it is hard to do. But the Warriors were within a **** hair of winning last year and won the previous year. They've had the best 3-year run in the history of the NBA in terms of win total. Again though, Durant's been on the Warriors for 1 year. Why are we judging this current group on 3-peating?

Your argument is shit once again.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Say it with me now:

Best Single season team. The '83 Sixers are in the conversation for best single season team also. Longevity means nothing for the purpose of this discussion. The Warrior roster will be different next season.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If a 3-peat is one of the toughest -- what is an 8-peat? Using your logic, the Boston Celtics are the greatest team ever.

We are talking about ONE YEAR. GSW almost won back to back without Durant. With Durant, they went 16-1 in the playoffs, including winning 15 in a row.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the dick riding continues

2017 GOAT. :lol:

image.gif

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at coach go!

And I'm still waiting on how good that defense is in the NBA today..

:dhd:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say it with me now:

Best Single season team. The '83 Sixers are in the conversation for best single season team also. Longevity means nothing for the purpose of this discussion. The Warrior roster will be different next season.

Sound it out with me here slowly...

Top heavy league that plays no D in the regular season and has at least 10
teams that tank the last few months, along with a terrible Eastern conference.

:drool:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sound it out with me here slowly...

Top heavy league that plays no D in the regular season and has at least 10
teams that tank the last few months, along with a terrible Eastern conference.

:drool:

Which 10 teams tanked this year? And would you still say that if the Bulls won it all?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which 10 teams tanked this year? And would you still say that if the Bulls won it all?

Mavs definitely tanked. Cuban will admit it. You saying the bottom teams are not jockeying for draft position?

Most people you run into will tell you the Bulls are the best. Most people also say the NBA is a joke on defense most of the entire year.

We just have some special Eds here on tHoop. :)

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
76ers have been tanking for years to build up picks. It's pretty obvious to most people :lol: