• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GOAT?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the Warriors are champs, the debate can begin in earnest.

They won 73 games last year, and added KD who is easily their best player now and either 2nd or 3rd best in the entire league. They went 16-1 in the playoffs, setting an all time record (Lakers were 15-1). They play together brilliantly and just completely dismantled a very good Cavalier team.

I grew up as a huge Jordan fan, watching almost every game he played throughout the 90s. I have never seen a team as good as these Warriors. They are truly awesome. I think there are a couple teams throughout history who might have been capable of pushing them to the limit, but none are better, IMO.

The 2017 GOlden State Warriors are the GOAT IMO.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the brainless Turnovers they make? And their weak interior? If Cavs play any D at all they probably would have won the series rather easily. Hell if the Spurs were at full strength they may have won possibly since the Spurs do play D . This team isn't unbeatable. Far from it

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the brainless Turnovers they make? And their weak interior? If Cavs play any D at all they probably would have won the series rather easily. Hell if the Spurs were at full strength they may have won possibly since the Spurs do play D . This team isn't unbeatable. Far from it

Man you are a terrible troll.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They won 73 games last year, and added KD who is easily their best player now and either 2nd or 3rd best in the entire league. They went 16-1 in the playoffs, setting an all time record (Lakers were 15-1). They play together brilliantly and just completely dismantled a very good Cavalier team.

I grew up as a huge Jordan fan, watching almost every game he played throughout the 90s. I have never seen a team as good as these Warriors. They are truly awesome. I think there are a couple teams throughout history who might have been capable of pushing them to the limit, but none are better, IMO.

The game is played so differently now with the refs not letting players get physical on D ... Back in the day the game was so much more defensive... If the game was played with the old rules I can see some of the big boy's like the 87 Lakers, Detroit bad boy's, 90's Bulls beating them in a series... And of course you can't look past Mike in his prime finding a way, we all forget how ridiculously good he was ...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a conversation, without an answer.

But I'm not against the conversation happening.

(I grew up loathing MJ for what it's worth. Wasn't till it was too late that I appreciated him. As in he was a Wizard.)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is played so differently now with the refs not letting players get physical on D ... Back in the day the game was so much more defensive... If the game was played with the old rules I can see some of the big boy's like the 87 Lakers, Detroit bad boy's, 90's Bulls beating them in a series... And of course you can't look past Mike in his prime finding a way, we all forget how ridiculously good he was ...

Yeah and also 69-67 FINAL scores in playoffs games. No thanks.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're certainly up there. Given their 3-year run and how they dismantled the Cavs and how that team is constructed. It's hard to argue with them being one of the best teams ever.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the Pistons back in the day would stand much of a chance against this team.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we can do is compare how well they dominated in their own era and how talented that specific era was in terms of top opponents with HOF's. The competition wasn't as stiff outside of the Spurs and Cavs. However, the team they assembled is easily the most talented ever with all the superstars and all stars in their prime outside of Iggy who was an all star at one point but is now a really good sixth man. Their bench is insane with West (former all star, Iggy, Livingston former starter with a god like mid range game and passing ability, and young rookies that played well also. I would take them over any other super team for one game. However, they have yet to prove to be the most productive but that's another question. To be the best dynasty ever they would have to win like 5 or 6 more championships or something to even be in the debate. Right now that goes to the Celtics and then the Bulls. These men are all under 30 and if they can sacrifice their salaries to stay together for as long as they play I can see them dominating the league for another 5 years unless another super team arises.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we can do is compare how well they dominated in their own era and how talented that specific era was in terms of top opponents with HOF's. The competition wasn't as stiff outside of the Spurs and Cavs. However, the team they assembled is easily the most talented ever with all the superstars and all stars in their prime outside of Iggy who was an all star at one point but is now a really good sixth man. Their bench is insane with West (former all star, Iggy, Livingston former starter with a god like mid range game and passing ability, and young rookies that played well also. I would take them over any other super team for one game. However, they have yet to prove to be the most productive but that's another question. To be the best dynasty ever they would have to win like 5 or 6 more championships or something to even be in the debate. Right now that goes to the Celtics and then the Bulls. These men are all under 30 and if they can sacrifice their salaries to stay together for as long as they play I can see them dominating the league for another 5 years unless another super team arises.

It's interesting how the big 4 are all under 30 and it's the bench guys that are old, Iggy Livingston West. Livingston will start somewhere next year, so will Clark. McCaw needs to kind of replace them.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting how the big 4 are all under 30 and it's the bench guys that are old, Iggy Livingston West. Livingston will start somewhere next year, so will Clark. McCaw needs to kind of replace them.

I hope Livingston gets the big contract he deserves. Maybe he'll be a starter, but do you see him getting starter minutes. I thought I heard somewhere that his knee keeps him from averaging more than 20 mpg.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Livingston gets the big contract he deserves. Maybe he'll be a starter, but do you see him getting starter minutes. I thought I heard somewhere that his knee keeps him from averaging more than 20 mpg.

I think there is a decent chance Livingston comes back for more. Depends though. He might not be able to pass up on the payday that other teams can offer. He missed a couple prime years of money making potential.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a really good post.

Definitely too early to discuss the Warriors among the best dynasties. But they have earned the right to be in the greatest single season team category.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Jordan/Rodman era Bulls beat the 2017 Warriors. So do:

1990 Pistons
mid to late 80's Lakers
Any Finals winning team Robert Horry was on
the Robinson/Duncan Spurs team.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this thread was going to be about LeBron James when I saw "GOAT".

No single player is better than him, now or ever. I think he averaged a triple double in the Finals this year and only the GOAT can do that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jordan/Rodman era Bulls beat the 2017 Warriors. So do:

1990 Pistons
mid to late 80's Lakers
Any Finals winning team Robert Horry was on
the Robinson/Duncan Spurs team.

You are going way too far here.

Bulls would be a good series, but to be honest, they do not be match up well. The only positional advantage the '96 Bulls have is MJ. Contrary to popular belief, he was mortal. The Warriors play so damn well together it is silly.

The Pistons? No. Not even close. Only if they are allowed to play football. The Showtime Lakers and the Duncan/Robinson Spurs are the most interesting matchups, but only those Lakers are truly on the Warriors level as far as greatness. If the Spurs won the series, it would have been because of matchup troubles.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this thread was going to be about LeBron James when I saw "GOAT".

No single player is better than him, now or ever. I think he averaged a triple double in the Finals this year and only the GOAT can do that.

So let me get this straight.

LeBron is the greatest ever, better than Mike, yet his team gets dismantled by the warriors and you think the Bulls would win?

Lebron played great tonight and for the whole series. He is awesome. The Warriors are better.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are going way too far here.

Bulls would be a good series, but to be honest, they do not be match up well. The only positional advantage the '96 Bulls have is MJ. Contrary to popular belief, he was mortal. The Warriors play so damn well together it is silly.

The Pistons? No. Not even close. Only if they are allowed to play football. The Showtime Lakers and the Duncan/Robinson Spurs are the most interesting matchups, but only those Lakers are truly on the Warriors level as far as greatness. If the Spurs won the series, it would have been because of matchup troubles.

no way. all those teams are matchup problems. The physicality of all those teams would conquer the NBA in todays game.