• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GOAT?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21062863b4d0254bc76c1540f92e3cd3e867a1439e7cd171f710d94dc2935a65.jpg

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take this guy too

giphy.gif

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the Warriors are champs, the debate can begin in earnest.

They won 73 games last year, and added KD who is easily their best player now and either 2nd or 3rd best in the entire league. They went 16-1 in the playoffs, setting an all time record (Lakers were 15-1). They play together brilliantly and just completely dismantled a very good Cavalier team.

I grew up as a huge Jordan fan, watching almost every game he played throughout the 90s. I have never seen a team as good as these Warriors. They are truly awesome. I think there are a couple teams throughout history who might have been capable of pushing them to the limit, but none are better, IMO.

The 2017 GOlden State Warriors are the GOAT IMO.
I have been watching the Lakers for years and I think the 1986-87 Lakers and this year's Warrior team would have made a great finals to watch.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do the Bulls match up well?

PG: Harper vs. Curry: curry in a landslide
SG: Jordan vs Klay: Jordan in a landslide, about as much an advantage as PG for Dubs
SF: Pippen GS KD: edge KD. Pippen is 4 inches shorter. As great as he was, he isn't bothering KD's shot.
PF: Rodman vs.. Green: edge Green. He plays offense. Rodman doesn't.
C: center was a weakness for both, but Longley would be a liability against Warrior pick and roll. They would have to go small. John Salley is really the only one that might have a chance. But, since none of their centers were scoring threats, they are really just liabilities.

Bench:
Kukoc vs. Iggy: advantage Iggy. He is the more versatile player
Livingston vs: Kerr: both are role players with differing skill sets neither makes a huge impact.

Sorry, but nobody is beating the Warriors without dominate interior play. The Bulls were great, but they match up pretty poorly with the Warriors. There is only one advantage, and MJ was in act mortal.

Pippen is #6 all time in steals. The man has quick hands and can guard KD. The perimeter D of the Bulls is much better than JR fucking Smith, D Will, Kyrie, etc. So quit the bullshit and stop acting like the 2017 Cavs can play with the Bulls. Great defense Trumps ALL including a crazy good offense. Ron Harper? #23 all time in steals. If you think this is a big mismatch..

You dick ride the hell out of some current NBA boy!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on the Bulls.

I don't agree on the Lakers, simply because They would put Shaq in pick and roll every time and wear his ass out defensively. It isn't so simple as saying he scores whenever he wants.

Also, you know who guarded Shaq 1 on 1 better than any defender I have seen? Dennis Rodman. Dray couldn't guard him for the entire game, but in stretches, I think he could frustrate Shaq just like Rodman did.

Now the Spurs? Those bigs could defend the perimeter. Much tougher matchup for the Warriors, IMO.

Green is a great defender but he can barely guard Bron in the post. He isnt guarding Shaq on the post. Shaq was 7'1" 310 and athletic. Draymond would foul out before halftime or be in serious foul trouble. You put Pachulia on him and let him take bows to that pea brain, that fucking POS Zaza...fuck him lol

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone always wants to call the current best the best ever. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but in my opinion several teams would outclass this bunch. The showtine Lakers are the best I ever saw, they would beat this team pretty handily. Impossible to compare him adequately to Jordan and Lebrun because of the type of player he was but make no mistake about it, Kareem belongs in any GOAT discussion, he is always underrated based on what my eyes saw.
Showtime Lakers are the best I ever saw. My Mavericks of that era actually had a Hell of a team...Derek Harper, Ro Blackman, Mark Aguirre, Roy Tarpley, James Donaldson, Sam Perkins, Detlef Schrempf...and never got past the Lakers.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that Jordan was the first player to have the rep, right?

When the Dream Team was posing for a picture, one of the players (Magic I believe) joked:

"Don't get too close to Mike, that's a foul."

Jordan literally invented the superstar treatment from officials. Granted, it wasn't his fault, but he absolutely benefitted. He got calls no other player did and other stars around the league were jealous.

So yeah, LeBron would dominate any era. The further back you go, the better he gets. Physical play only helps him.

Don't think so.. Lebron doesn't have that killer mentality and look at him.. The man doesn't really use his body alot -- he takes alot of jumpers so it's not like he plays like Karl Malone. I didn't see him back down a defender into the lane until game 5. "Elimination Lebron" is the best player I've ever seen but Lebron doesn't play like game 5 Lebron down 3-1 90% of the time. If he did, it would be scary.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think so.. Lebron doesn't have that killer mentality and look at him.. The man doesn't really use his body alot -- he takes alot of jumpers so it's like he plays like Karl Malone. I didn't see him back down a defender into the lane until game 5. "Elimination Lebron" is the best player I've ever seen but Lebron doesn't play like game 5 Lebron down 3-1 90% of the time. If he did, it would be scary.

Lebron would do just fine in any era just like MJ. Lebron would be unstoppable back in the day and he could actually play real defense back then which is scary to think about.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron would do just fine in any era just like MJ. Lebron would be unstoppable back in the day and he could actually play real defense back then which is scary to think about.

When Lebron finally gets pissed he's a scary mofo. Tough to say with the Cavs - his bench consists of Korver and 2 of Mavs best players last year. East wasn't great.

Cavs need to get Tony Allen or Cousins and go back to black and blue East. Slow it down and Lebron needs to guard KD more. I'm tired of hearing that #23 is tired.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how Le3-5 gets his ass kicked in the finals....again. And the only excuse the Letots have left is GS is now the GOAT team hahaa... A team that gave up 86 fucking points in a half and over dozen TOs a game and who may of just lost to the Spurs if Leonard and Parker played. But suddenly their GOAT team. Priceless

Cavs lost because they don't play D pure and simple. They haven't played D all year and most of us were saying to begin with their defense is what was going to kill them and it ended up coming to fruition. They spent all year in a garbage east not needing to play D . Has nothing to do with needing more talent on the team. They got a shit ton of that

If Cavs played D they would have won in 5 not lost in 5

Another big reason. Lebron is more concerned with padding the stats. As long as his stat sheet is pretty heat is off him. MJ just wanted to win

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Lebron finally gets pissed he's a scary mofo. Tough to say with the Cavs - his bench consists of Korver and 2 of Mavs best players last year. East wasn't great.

Cavs need to get Tony Allen or Cousins and go back to black and blue East. Slow it down and Lebron needs to guard KD more. I'm tired of hearing that #23 is tired.

They need an extra defender to take the pressure off Lebron. A 3-D guy like Ariza, preferably a younger guy

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#23 is 32 (33 in December) years old and he played 40 + minutes of game 5. Yes Lebron was tired after game 5.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, there has always been superteams. On offense, on defense.

Even teams that didn't win titles like mid-90s Magic with Penny, Shaq, Nick Anderson and Dennis Scott. Superteams don't bother me, but i think the bottom of the NBA is so bad and many teams are tanking for picks.

Durant leaving OKC for a 73 win team already with a championship after having Golden St down 3-1 is a little weak in my book but I'd be up to watch the '96 Bulls get all up in these Warriors' faces.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#23 is 32 (33 in December) years old and he played 40 + minutes of game 5. Yes Lebron was tired after game 5.

I remember the 90s games with the first 2 home games having 1 day of rest in between and then 2 days off when switching cities. Now it's like 2-3 days in between each game so enough with the crying "I'm tired"

this is the Finals time to pull up your pants

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't Lebron play D.? Lead by example. Why do we they need to bring in all this defense help now?Oh that's right. It will screw with pretty stat padding. Defense wins ships. Stat padding and trying to have a pretty stat resume only gets you a pretty stat resume. Which is why his NBA finals record is embarrassing

"As long as my stat line looks pretty and efficient it looks like I brought it" When in reality it's easy to have a pretty stat line when you only play on one end of the court all year

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe LBJ was talking about how many times he'd lose in the Finals. Not 3, not 4, not 5.....

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is on anthony mason or oakley

tumblr_o0rfpl1mfq1ucong7o1_500.gif